Lt. JG Zhanyt Lafizatar - The high priestess

Koihime Nakamura

Nov 19, 2020, 5:52:09 PM11/19/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Village Center ))

Rao: That was close. :: Kionn sighed.:: Despite their surroundings these people are at a primitive level of social advancement, we need to guard our speech more carefully in future.

"Close", Zhanyt thought dryly.

Ukinix: ::Quietly to Zhanyt and Kionn:: I’ve adjusted to a narrow band.  The tricorder’s detected small subspace fields about six hundred metres away.  They’re similar to what the computer core on the Veritas generates.

Lafizatar: ::nodding, adjusting her tricorder:: Makes sense, this is clearly an artifical sanctuary.

Ukinix: ::Looking at tricorder:: There’s also fluctuating graviton beam readings.  I hope the Veritas isn’t being tractored.  If so, we may have to shut it down.

Lafizatar: That might be difficult.. ::Zhanyt is dry, although part of it was that while she was used to a bit of flourine in the atmosphere, it was also a highly reactive non-metal that meant like all other organic beings, she didn't like this higher level of flourine.:: .. especially if access is stopped up.

Rao: :: Kionn stared into the fountain basin.:: The readings you showed me earlier indicated this fountain is sitting atop a confluence of several systems, I wonder if...

Ojojar: Blessings of the maker. ::He dropped into a graceful bow:: I am pleased to introduce myself. I am Ojojar, curate to the great priestess Urizni.

Ukinix: ::Hand on chest:: Woah.

Zhanyt murmured to herself. Why was the UT working - she doubted they used the curate word natively, given it's roots in old english - for this, but not those words? The only way she could see it if they had no equivalant concept. Which in itself was a fascinating statement.

Rao: :: Kionn turned around slowly.:: Pleased to meet you Ojojar.

Ojojar: You are sent by the Maker, surely?

Rao: Is that what they say about us?

Zhanyt quietly listened to this.

Ojojar: ::He offered a wide smile and opened his palms:: The Maker works in mysterious ways. You are here by his will, all are here by his will. Surely you have met high priestess Urizni and been granted her wisdom?

Rao: We have not, no.

Ukinix: Well, actually, ::smiling:: we’re not entirely sure.  We were just in your, ah, throne room… place, and um… I *think* one of them may be the Urizni that you speak of?

Zhanyt would bet that the more upset individual - who did show signs of standard female dimorphism - would be this Urizini.

.oO The Preservers were *thorough* in spreading their likeness. Creepy, a bit. Oo.

Ojojar: Please, tell me that which you seek. The Maker guides me, so that I may guide you.

Ukinix: We seek… ::pondering::… we seek knowledge!  And wisdom.  The maker has not given us such guidance as you have been guided.

Zhanyt stayed quiet, and let Wil talk. Hiearchies and all that..

Rao: Perhaps seeing the High Priestess might be advantageous.

Ojojar: Response

Ukinix: ::Pointing backwards over shoulder:: Is that the lady that we met before in the throne room… house… place?

.oO Smooth. Oo. Zhanyt began to wonder if he had never really had a good opportunity to talk diplomatically. To be fair, she hadn't either, but she knew classes and praticums were part of the command track in the Mathenite Navy. Sometimes, she just wondered how everyone seemed so unprepared despite having years of classes and experience.

.oO Then again, I'm not on the frontline, so maybe I should shut up about it. Oo.

Ojojar: Response

Ukinix: ::To Ojojar:: Does the Maker provide for you?

Ojojar: Response

Ukinix: ::polite nod:: Of course, Ojojar.  And do you just ask the Maker, or is there a ritual, or…

Ojojar: Response

Zhanyt listened quietly to the interaction.

Rao: Responses

Ojojar: Response

Ukinix: ::To Ojojar:: Then let us meet your Urizni.  We have many questions.  Does she move in mysterious ways as well?

Ojojar: Response

Rao: Responses

Ukinix: ::To Zhanyt and Kionn:: Lieutenant, Ensign, please make an… ::choosing words carefully:: ...an understanding of Urizni’s bond with the maker.  I’ll be there shortly.  ::Polite nod:: Ojojar, excuse me.  I must speak with the one that leads us.

Zhanyt raised her eyebrows, but nodded, turning to Ojojar as the Commander walked off. Personally, if she was who she thought she was.. well.. this was a minefield. She seemed really unhappy they were there, and doing this would just remind her of that.

Rao/Ojojar: Response

Lafizatar: Well, I suppose we should meet with the High Priestess now.

Rao/Ojojar: Response

((OOC: as we've got a act 2 ff here, I'm going to trail off, but will back sim as needed.))

TAG/

Lt. JG Zhanyt Lafizatar
Science Officer
USS Veritas