JP: Lt. Cmdr. Luna Walker & Lt. jg Danni James: Through Space and Time (Part 3)

Mike Walberg

Oct 9, 2017, 10:48:03 AM10/9/17
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

((USS Veritas, Holodeck))

:: Danni’s head turned as she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. A dark haired woman was approaching at a leisurely pace. Something about the way she moved seemed familiar. ::

:: The woman was young, probably around Danni’s age and had slightly pointed ears. She smiled a smile that touched her piercing blue eyes. She looked directly at Luna. ::

Rai: Don’t spaz out, ri'nanov. I know I have a lot of explaining to do. I would have sooner, but you guys just never stopped back in your day did you? Jumping from one crazy
mission to the other.

:: Luna squeezed Danni's hand and reflexively checked to make sure she was seeing the same thing. ::

Walker: Ummm... yes?
 :: This was surreal.  No, she needed a better word to describe this.  Surreal didn't come close to describing this. :: I take it you put the device into Danni's head?

:: The dark haired woman raised a single eyebrow. ::

Rai: Really?  I setup a way for you to talk through time and space and you ask a question you already know the answer to?  :: She chuckled in a far too familiar way. ::

James: ::chuckling:: Sounds about right.

:: The woman chewed on the inside of her cheek, cocking her head slightly as if she could look into Danni's head.  Luna wondered if maybe she could.. ::

Rai: It's working, right?  Tests were favorable, but...

James: It’s working fine… I mean it has cured me. But I suspect there’s more to it and we need to understand it better.

:: The pink haired woman took a breath to center herself before speaking.  For the moment she needed to find out what was going on, later she could have the breakdown. ::

Walker: So, despite calling at least one of us Mother, :: She stumbled over the word as part of her wanted to freak out over the concept. :: I'm reasonably sure time travel hasn't suddenly become a casual thing.  And I suspect you can't tell us a lot without putting other events at risk and potentially erasing your existence. :: Another quaver to her voice as the panic that somehow talking could take away something she'd never considered before. ::

:: Smiling, Rai laced her fingers together and gave a slight bow of her head. ::

Rai: You both are my moms and ::waving a hand:: yeah, I know… crazy, right? Trust me, it’s not a casual thing and if certain people find out… Well, let’s just say I don’t look good in orange nor do I do well in tiny enclosed spaces.

:: The language definitely fit someone raised by the two of them. ::

Walker: So.. you broke the time stream to save your..:: She shook her head in disbelief:: to save Danni.  But.. as far as you know nothing changed?

Rai: It is quite a conundrum. After all, if I hadn’t done all this, I wouldn’t exist sooo it stands to reason that this is exactly what I was suppose to do. Yet, there are
some who get their panties in a wad over this kind of thing.

Walker: Or their head examined.  Wow.  There's so much to ask.. and so much I'm afraid to.  Is this something you can do...oO regularly, all the time, whenever, how old are you.. when.. Oo  :: She tried to shut down the stream of questions pouring out. :: nevermind.  :: She exhaled sharply before speaking again. :: Ok, so the obvious similarities aside..  how would we know you are who you say?

:: Danni gave Luna’s hand a squeeze. She could practically hear the gears turning inside her wife’s head. ::

Rai: This isn’t something I can do all the time. Probably better not to very often or they’d be able to trace me. ::smiling:: No doubt you’ve found the emblem I placed on the core… your rings. Of course, since you’re ever the skeptic… ::holding up a hand:: Not necessarily a bad thing…

Walker: And given the history you should know about, I’m more than justified with looking a gift horse in the mouth.  :: She exhaled in frustration because she wanted to
believe.. didn’t want to be so bitter and cynical that miracles couldn’t happen.. :: Danni?

James: ::giving a shrug:: I believe her, but then again, I am the one with something planted in their head.

Walker: Which also is saving your life.  And judging by your manner, :: she snorted softly:: and the number of rules you likely broke to do this… I’m inclined to believe you.
Much as someone interested in harming us would be…

Rai: Then ask me something. Something that you would tell me… your daughter. And to make it even more believable, something mom… Danni doesn’t know.

---tbc---

Lt. Commander Luna Walker

Chief Engineer, USS Veritas

I238010BW