Ensign Ghant Xerix - Poker Face

Ghant Xerix

Jun 12, 2019, 6:45:00 PM6/12/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((The Den - Cait Spacedock))

Delano: That was… unexpected.

Xerix: My apologies if I embarrassed you. ::nodding to Mei’konda:: but it does seem like at least some enjoyed it.

:: Ghant felt the man go from anger, to embarrassment, to amusement::

:: Before he could help it, Evan found himself smiling, then laughing as if someone had just told a really good joke. ::

Xerix: :: Hiding a smirk:: Shall I leave my pip and comm badge on my way out?

:: Evan had started to regain his composure, but his face was a bit flushed - though the green tint to his skin might have looked sickly to someone not used to seeing such a strong reaction in a Vulcanoid. ::

Delano: No, no. Mr. xerix. You were leading. And, as I said, I have an appreciation for… unique experiences. We can hold off on the formal reprimand.

Xerix: ::With an exaggerated sigh of relief:: Thank you, Sir.

:: Evan spotted Mei’konda standing up, and then followed his gaze to see Admiral Washington entering the lounge for the first time since the “incident.” ::

Delano: Thank you for the dance, Ensign. I’ll see if I can’t return the favor someday.

::Ghant’s heart raced afresh at these words. If they were polite lip service or true sentiment, he couldn’t tell. Either way he was delighted. He tried to regain some composure::

Xerix: I’m holding you to that, Commander.

Delano: Duty calls. If you’ll excuse me.

:: With that, Evan walked away from Ghant, who tried and failed to wipe the grin off of his stupid face::

(( End ))

Ensign Ghant Xerix
Helm/Navigation Officer
USS Veritas