Lieutenant Commander Timothy Alentonis & Dr. Chythar Skyfire: A Hasty Retreat and an Icebreaker

Timothy Alentonis

Aug 6, 2020, 10:52:03 PM8/6/20
to Veritas IC
(( Brew Continuum, USS Veritas))

Skyfire: If you’re looking for Commander Alentonis, he’s over there. Can I get you anything?

Emi: ::Acknowledging to the stranger who appeared to be a barista.:: Yes, thank you. ::glances over at the bar in surprise, then to the barista again.:: Hot, green tea please.

Flynn: Mm ::He politely waved off an order as his eyes caught the image that matched the officer in the file he had referenced.:: Looks like this is our guy.

As the two recent arrivals made their way over to the table where the other three officers were seated, Tim closed his eyes for a moment and realized that he was getting a bit nervous with the number of people suddenly surrounding his table. This was one of those moments where he had to take a sip of his coffee and calm down before he spoke again. Once the new officers joined him at his table, he swallowed before speaking.

Alentonis: Yep. Hello. Um...here for room assignments?

Emi: Yes, sir. Commander Alentonis I take it?

Flynn: Ikara. Pleasure to meet you. ::He opened his hands in gesture to the others at the table as well.:: All of you. I’m Lieutenant Flynn, your new helmsman. ::He nodded to his friend with a smile.:: This is the good Doctor Emi, here to hopefully keep us in one piece.

Alentonis: Nice to meet you.

Rao: Likewise.

Lafizatar: ::nodding:: Pleased to meet you.

Chythar returned minutes later with several drinks, and handed them out with a smile. Emi clasped her drink with both hands and nodded to him before she leaned forward to inhale the tea. Seemingly intrigued by the flavor, Emi cocked her head to the side and took a small sip. She drifted off for a moment and was brought back to the present when she realized a few of the officers at the table started to stare at her with interest.

Skyfire: oO Why does that guy look so familiar? Oo :: to Emi :: Is the tea alright, ensign?

Alentonis: :: curiously, to Emi. :: Doctor?

Emi: My apologies officers. I was reminded of an exquisite green tea I tasted during my stay in Kyoto on Earth.

Flynn: Sounds like a welcome experience.

Chythar listened intently. Tim had another sip of his coffee and let the conversation progress naturally without his interruptions as he attempted to relax once again. There were a lot of people at his table. He did his best to fight off the rising anxiety from so many people in such close proximity. The coffee helped take the edge off, but he would likely need to book another appointment with the counselor. Instead

Emi: The tea was only made at Kinkakuji Temple. With how difficult it is to ship things of that nature across the quadrant, I haven’t been able to acquire any for several years.

Skyfire: Repurikētāpatān o nyūshu dekiru ka kakunin shimasu. (I’ll see if I can obtain the replicator pattern for you.)

Alentonis: :: to Chythar :: Your depth of skills never ceases to amaze me, commander.

Flynn: Mmm ::Nodding in understanding.:: I can relate. There are several types of spirits I often miss when attempting to mix drinks. I was lucky to have grown up on a resort world with guests from an unbelievable wide range of planets, and by proxy, tastes.

Skyfire: :: to the others :: I hope the drinks are okay. :: then to Alentonis :: And no need to “commander” me, sir. I’m a civilian, remember?

Alentonis: :: shrugging :: My apologies. I’ll try to remember that, qa'vIn (Coffee).

Emi: Responses

Flynn: ::Smiling:: I may be outing myself, but on the Columbia I had a reputation as a bit of a…::He stopped cold. His eyes stopping fully on the barista that had been busy with his work as they chatted. The Risian stood slowly and cocked his head.:: By the moons….Chythar?!

CD’s eyes snapped back to the Risian lieutenant and he blinked several times. The mention of the Columbia should’ve been a dead giveaway, as he only recalled one male with a similar species marker in his acquaintances. It wasn’t until the barista looked into those brown eyes that he recognized their new helm officer.

Skyfire: Antero?

He took a step closer and began to extend a hand shake, then decided that didn’t feel right so pulled the flyboy into a brotherly embrace. The thought that the fates had once again brought them together was kind of an amusing one and they had a bit of catching up to do. It would be a long night, if Antero got around to settling in first.

Meanwhile, Tim had another sip of his coffee and picked up his PADD once again. A few finger swipes later, he had quarters assignments ready for the new officers. Unfortunately for him, his coffee cup was now empty. He was starting to get nervous around crowds.

Alentonis: Pardon the interruption, but I’ve got quarters assignments for you. Transferring to your PADDs. :: nervously ::  I...do you still need me for anything?

Rao: No, Commander, thank you.

Lafizatar: No, sir. Thank you.

Kionn rose from his chair and flashed a smile at everyone.

Rao: I should get going but it was lovely to meet you all, I hope to get to know each and every one of you better as we serve together. :: Kionn turned to Commander Alentonis.:: Thank you Commander.

Lafizatar: I should as well. I have not yet reported into my department head.. or looked into the state of the labs. By your leave, Commander.

Alentonis: Of course. Um...dismissed. I’ll be heading off as well. :: to Skyfire, Flynn and Emi. :: Good day to you folks.

Zhanyt saluted, and headed off, followed closely by Rao. Tim knocked back the rest of his coffee and took off like a bat outta hell. Skyfire smiled at his old friend and Emi as he retrieved his mug from behind the bar and joined them at the recently vacated table.

Flynn / Emi: Responses

Skyfire: So, shall we have a bit of an ice-breaker chat, then? :: to Emi :: Since you’re new here, I’m Dr. Chythar Skyfire. Civilian coffee jockey and sometimes physician. I see you’ve already met our latest flyboy, Antero Flynn.

Flynn / Emi: Response

Skyfire: Gladly. Ask away.

Flynn / Emi: Response

===