Lt. JG Zhanyt Lafizatar - Combat

1 view

Koihime Nakamura

May 2, 2021, 1:31:32 PM5/2/21
to USS Veritas IC
((Main Engineering - Deck 8, USS Veritas))

Scotty was thinking a lot. Slowing down the ship would be bad, we already traveling at a low warp speed. He :: glared down:: towards his PADD. He was trying to think of some other ways that would boost the sensor signals.

Ukinix: oO Idiot.  Warp four, Ukinix. Oo

Vanlith: I’ll be honest I’m not sure how I feel at all about the prospect of sue benign more like sitting ducks than we already are.

Reade: Agree, slowing down the ship is not the most ideal option, but we can use it as a last-ditch effort if needed.

Lafizatar: Agreed. It's bad enough our visibility is only about a sixth of a second right now. Dragging it out might not be a good risk-reward decision, and I'm not comfortable recommending it to anyone. We could try directing power to some of the secondary sensor palletes to give us a full second's visiblity..

Ukinix: ::To Zhanyt:: Is there any chance of a feedback loop?

Lafizatar: Quite a bit, which is why I haven't suggested it yet. We'd need some kind of ground, and the only convenient one is the deflector grid, and we could risk blowing out our shields, which would be bad for multiple reasons. ::The gold eyed bunny woman said dryly.::

Scotty was constantly fidgeting with the PADD. He was trying to figure out a way to fix the issue.

Ukinix: Unless we boost power to the deflector.

Vanlith: Response

Reade: That could work. We would need to draw power from a different system. I could tinker with the EPS to allow more power to be drawn temporally.

Lafizatar: *nods* That might work.

Ukinix: Responses

Reade:  ::To Zhanyt:: Is there any way that we could limit power in Science Labs? We could use the spare power to boost our deflector shields.

Lafizatar: Most of them are powered off already, since we have a limited science staff, but I could put all but One on stasis power, I suppose.

Reade: Ok, we just need to confirm with Commander Ukinix and Lt. Vanlith

Ukinix/Vanlith: Responses

Lafizatar: I was an engineer for a while, onboard the Temperance and Forberance. Since we were effectively a courier ship, our chief engineer liked to run us through drills to keep us on our toes. I remember one where we actually used a low warp speed to generate a field that could create sensor echos. It might work well, especially if we see cloaked ships. ::beat:: But I want to say we never tested it on actual hardware.

Reade: That would be a real test. ::looking towards Zhanyt::

Ukinix: We’re under attack. ::To Char:: We’re going to need more power to shields.

Vanlith: Response

Reade: Copy, Commander. I can check on the Shield generator on Deck 7 to see if we can pull more power. I will also check to see if all systems are running at full power. This is the time where we need all power to systems.

Ukinix: Response

Reade: Commander, shall I check on the warp core to see if we are good?

Ukinix/Vanlith: Responses

Ukinix: ::To Reade and Zhanyt:: I still want you to work on improving sensors.  Anything that gives ::pointing up:: the bridge any sort of advantage.  You’re going to improvise to get something in place quick.

Ukinix: That in-situ training we did at the Academy was for a reason.  Let’s go!

Zhanyt kept her thoughts to herself. But she was now really curious what they thought she did in her labs all day.

Reade: Copy Commander. I will work with Zhanyt to get our sensors improved. :: To Zhanyt:: we could try shooting out a probe and doubling the frequency of our scanners with the probe’s scanner. It will allow some range for the battle while in the Shadows.

Lafizatar: Logical. They'll probably shoot it down, but even a short term boost would be invaluable.

Vanlith: Responses

Reade: That could work, want to mess with the probe in the engineering lab ?

Zhanyt looked at the engineering room in chaos, and nodded again.

Lafizatar: Let's get out of their way.

((Engineering Lab, some time later.))

Reade:  =/\=  Chief, I think me and Zhanyt might have found a way to increase our scanners power  =/\=

Lafizatar: =/\= It'll be limited, but it should give us resolution out to nearly two light seconds. =/\=

Ukinix/Vanlith: Responses

Reade: Response

Lafizatar: =/\= Well, =/\= ::she's interrupted by a shake:: =/\= our range now is only one light second, and iffy at that range, so it should give the bridge more accurate tracking. =/\=

Ukinix/Vanlith: Responses

Reade: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt. JG Zhanyt Lafizatar