Lieutenant Commander Dassa Alexander-Dalton: A Rush of Patients

Dassa Alexander-Dalton

Jan 28, 2020, 12:54:17 AM1/28/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay, USS Veritas))

It had been a hell of a first day back. Apparently, there had been a party to honor the departure of two officers for bigger and better things. This had led to some over-indulging, thus why so many were currently occupying the beds in Sickbay. She shook her head. Most were here for a quick-fix hypo for their hangovers, though some were experiencing slightly more serious after-effects.

It had been a good while since she’d indulged. She’d stopped drinking when she’d found out she was pregnant with Ayden and hadn’t resumed her old habits since he’d been born with the exception of an occasional glass of wine with Tobian as part their evening meal. Honestly, it didn’t hold the same appeal that it once had.

She heard footsteps and looked up to see two of the Sickbay staff heading toward her. Setting aside the PADD that she’d been working on, she turned to acknowledge them.

Alexander: Was that the last of them?

tr’Khev: ::nodding his head:: We have survived the tide, yes. Now for cleanup and preparing for the next round.

Alexander: ::grins unamusedly:: The life of a medical professional. ::glances at the chronometer:: I need to get a message out to my team. I’ll be taking over for Lieutenant Commander Leix, who met with Marshal Calbert to make security arrangements for the talks.

tr’Khev: Oh, you are going to the surface? ::nodding:: I would advise caution, until the Veritas came by recently I lived on Ketar..the people there are tense. But the ship will be here to help if it is needed. Meanwhile we will keep Sickbay in order.

Alexander: ::smiles:: I have every confidence in you all. ::pauses:: I think I’ll tuck back into the office and do a bit of reading before going down. I’m a doctor, not a strategist. But it looks like I’ll be acting as one regardless.

tr’Khev/Porchevska: Response?

Alexander: ::nods:: If for some reason you get short-handed in here, I know Chythar Skyfire has a medical background.

tr’Khev/Porchevska: Response?

Alexander: ::nods:: Right then. I’m going to wrap up the last bits of paperwork in my office and get the ball rolling on the rest. Lots to do, so little time.

tr’Khev/Porchevska: Response?

Alexander: ::smirks:: Try not to, but if you absolutely need me, you know where to find me.

tr’Khev/Porchevska: Response?

With a final nod, she exited main sickbay and slipped into the enclosed space of the CMO’s office, then closed the door. She had a lot of reading to catch up on if she was going to present a good impression. Though she wasn’t a tactician or soldier by nature, it didn’t take one to reason that the marshal would be hesitant about a change in the point of contact.

She pulled up a blank communication and began to compose a message to the members of her team.

//

To: Lieutenant G’var, Lieutenant Commander Timothy Alentonis, Ensign Chase Masters, Lieutenant T’Katt Dugoras

CC: Commander Kelrod

From: Lieutenant Commander Dassa Alexander-Dalton

Subject: Next Steps

Per the captain’s orders, we’ve been selected to assist Marshal Calbert with security in any way we can. Given the tension on the surface, our goal is to be as proactive as we can in keeping peace and preventing disaster.

One thing that was emphasized to me that I encourage each of you to bear in mind: Marshal Calbert is in charge. We’re simply there to provide support. I’m confident that you’ll all do your utmost to respect Marshal Calbert’s authority and make his job easier.

Unless any of you have specific concerns or questions to discuss with me, we’ll plan to meet in Transporter Room 2 in half an hour.

Yours,

Lieutenant Commander Dassa Alexander-Dalton

Chief Medical Officer of the USS Veritas

//

With that done, she opened the reports and began to read.

---

Lieutenant Commander Dassa Alexander-Dalton, PD/PDS

Chief Medical Officer, USS Veritas NCC-95035

I238110RH0

"A life lived unexplored is not worth living."