Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - Dominos

Wil Ukinix

Feb 11, 2021, 7:00:57 AM2/11/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Back Stage party, Conference Room E-9, Donova IV Convention Centre – several hours before Battle of the bands competition))

Anakolsson
: ::To Char, offering pinkie finger:: Oh yeah, the old Earth music cover act, elemental niche, man.  That’s gamma.  We’re on before on your band, ::turning to Callie and offering pinkie finger:: we’ll get the crowd all MAR’d up for you. ::Sniff::

(OOC: MAR = Matter/Anti-Matter reaction)

Vanlith: ::cheekily:: Maybe we won’t need you to do it for us.

Navarro: No touching, Betazoid.

Ukinix: I’m just gonna find Pineapples, I need to run these  ::holding up PADD:: guitar audio settings past him.  ::To Sigeric:: Good to meet you.

Anakolsson: ::Holding up pinkie fingers from each hand:: Nuclear, man. ::Sniff::

Wil held up his glass of red wine to the man in a half toast, half salute before heading off to find Antero.  He made his way through the crowd of people, before spotting the other three band members.

Parker: Perhaps you should stop feeding him so much. It’s not good for him…

Wong: I’ve actually never seen a Quokka up close before. Fascinating!

Wil stopped about a metre away from Ikaia (in front of a nearby plate of juicy, delicious pineapple) when he heard a specific word.

Ukinix: ::Deadpan expression:: Did you just say “Quokka”?

It was spoken to no-one in particular.  He fleetingly sensed a hunger, almost a craving in someone nearby.  But his attention soon shifted to the grey furball the bearded man held in his hands.

Wong: Uh, Mister George? Would you be alright if I picked your brains a little?

Parker: To pick his brain you would need a microscope…

George/Flynn: Response

Ukinix: ::Pointing, speaking quietly:: That’s an *actual* Quokka.

The conversation continued on around Wil.  The shock he was feeling was holding back his annoyance.

Wong: Well, I am wondering if you are familiar with vegan panther-tigers?

Parker: What could he know about them? He’s not a zoologist…

Ukinix: ::To Hannibal:: Let’s find out, shall we? ::To George:: What is that?

George/Flynn: Responses

Wong: Oh! Ahhh haa…. Well, I’m not interested in purchasing one. But I am curious if you had any in your collection recently?

Parker: It would interest me to know the answer to that question as well…

Wil placed his wine glass and PADD down on the table next to him (right next to the plate of pineapple).

George/Flynn: Response

Wong: I’m sorry. Can you repeat that? Not sure if I caught it.

Parker: Yes. We’d all like to hear that again…

Ukinix: ::Crossing arms, unimpressed::  Me too, mate.

George/Flynn/Wong: Response

Ukinix: ::To George:: Nah, shut up for a second.  ::Pointing:: That little creature happens to be native to a continent on Earth.  In fact, they only exist in a few small areas near where I live.  They’re still listed as “vulnerable”.  They’re not pets.

Quokkas were one of the most gorgeous and friendly animals on Earth.  “Wadjemup” in the first nation’s people’s language, alsoknown as Rottnest Island, was home to the small marsupial along with a very limited number of other areas on the West Coast of mainland Australia.

The cute little native animals had survived environmental catastrophe and world wars.  Their number were improving but even in the 24th century were still considered vulnerable with a slowly regenerating suitable habitat.  Strict environmental protection and conservation laws were in place for the continent, along with technological measures to trace and detect native animal species.

Taking any native species from that part of the planet was a cultural and legal no-no, let alone the mind-bending logistics of actually pulling it off.

George: Responses

Ukinix: I’d call it brazen, and poor form.  And I’ve got some bad news for you, Boy George.  That ::pointing at Quokka:: poor little bugger is going back to Earth.  I’ll personally take it home with me if I have to.

George/Flynn/Wong/Parker/Vanlith/Navarro: Responses

Ukinix: ::Annoyed:: Yeah, I think I’m starting to understand what the protestors were on about.

George/Flynn/Wong/Parker/Vanlith/Navarro: Responses

Wil lifted his palms, stepped back a big step, then let out a deep sigh to calm himself.  He looked to his right then lifted the nearby plate of pineapple, offering it to Flynn.

Then in an almost ninja-like move (which would later upon reflection surprise him), he lifted his combadge out of his suit’s breast pocket.

Ukinix: =/\= Veritasoneanimalemergencybeamout! =/\=

In a flash Wil stepped forward and placed the combadge on “Wally”, who subsequently vanished into a small swirl of sparkles.

George: Response

Wil took a piece of pineapple from the plate, then looked at George.

Ukinix: ::Shrugging shoulders:: See you on stage, numb nuts.

He shoved the piece of pineapple in his mouth, spun on his left foot, grabbed his wine glass and PADD from the table, then made his way to the bar on the far side of the room.

((A few hours Later – Sound engineer booth,  centre of Main Hall in front of stage))

(OOC: Starting the band’s performance before we have to move to Act 3!)

The Novian skull blowers had finished their last song “Explosion Death Kill” minutes earlier, with each of the band members on fire for their last song.

Literally on fire.  Thanks to the stage's refurbished holoprojectors.  Each band member had holographic flames licking from them as they played their instruments while holographic stars imploded violently exploded above them.

Their last piece was a lovely power ballad that the lead singer screamed in a low-pitched deathly tone.  The only words Wil picked up from it were “anarchy”, “death” and for some reason “Trevis”.  Still, what they lacked in the ability to be audibly comprehended they more than made up for in musical talent.  It was hard, loud, and energetic, and Wil enjoyed their performance.

But now it was the Glasgow Kiss’ turn.  To get the crowd pumping while they set up, Wil had selected a 21st century Earth party banger that was pumping through the sound system.   He nodded along trying to be calm while he nervously adjusted the audio settings on the console in front of him.  In the darkness of the stage visible in front of him, he knew that his crewmates were getting ready.

He anxiously rubbed his hands together, as the countdown clock neared zero.  He faded the music down, then slowly brought up the lights.  Silhouettes of his fellow crew mates were visible on the stage while the crowed clapped and cheered.

Ukinix: ::Under his breath to himself:: Here we go guys…

He tapped a button to start the holoprogram.

Music began playing out of the stage's speakers.  It was showtime.

zh'Kuujn: Response

Ukinix: ::Startled, hand on chest before adjusting sunglasses:: Oh, hey!  You surprised me.

zh'Kuujn: Response

Tags/TBC!

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Chief Engineer, Second Officer