Lieutenant JG Ikaia Wong - A Spray of Confetti and Rainbows

Ka Banning

May 3, 2021, 10:48:15 PM5/3/21
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Sickbay - Deck 6))

Wong: …. We’re being attacked. ::Looking back at Kallo:: You knew about this, didn’t you? They’re after you?

Kallo: You're very astute, Lieutenant. It's almost as if I spent three months in a Klingon prison...

Ikaia took a deep breath here. The sarcasm wasn’t exactly something he needed. He was warned that there were going to be patients like this.

Wong: Be it as it may, Mister Var, sometimes sickbay isn’t the first department notified in combat or in intelligence situations. Oftentimes, we’re the last to be notified unless there is incoming wounded or some sort of space plague is loose on the ship that turns you inside out with a spray of confetti and rainbows. But I can assure you that I have your best interest and health at heart. That will never change.

Kallo: Perhaps this conversation would be better served in my quarters. If you'd like to accompany me?

Wong: Huh? Certainly. Just let me get my staff in order first. Oh… and also this…

He pulled out his PADD and tapped it a few times before punching in some data and parameters. With one swipe of his fingers, a holographic duplicate of Kallo appeared on the next biobed. Ikaia made an assumption here that if there was a chance that the Veritas could be invaded and that they were looking for Kallo, there was at least a decoy they could find. He figured this could buy them some extra time. At least until someone carries this decoy up to the end of the corridor. That was the limit of the projectors. Another swipe of his fingers and Holokaia shimmered into view.

Wong: Holokaia, you’re in charge of invasion procedures and evacuating everyone from sickbay to the auditorium when the time comes. Tell them to take what they need to treat wounded. No one should be in here except for you and the hologram on biobed #2. If push comes to shove, allow them to take the hologram.

Holokaia: Yes, creator.

With that, Ikaia picked up his hard cased medkit and slung the strap over his shoulders. He then turned to Kallo.

Wong: Right. I’ve got everything settled here. Let’s go.

(( Deck Two- Kallos’ Quarters ))

Ikaia was with Kallo inside the guest quarters. He had some misgivings about this. If an invasion actually happened, was this truly the safest place on the ship? Before he could think of it further, he heard a few beeps on the other side of the door. He tensed up as his arm went up in front of Kallo defensively. (Although, he knew full well that the most he could do was pick up Kallo like a football and run away with him.) He was relieved when he saw it was another officer. Parker’s wife… maybe? He was sure this was her.

Allison: Don’t be alarmed. I’m here to give you a bit more protection.

Wong: Well, I’m a little alarmed. I wasn’t expecting anyone to be in here! But uh, aloha! Mister Var has asked me to come with him. At the moment, I’m his current care provider.

Kallo: More protection? You make it seem like this is a dire situation.

Allison: I will say this…things are serious.

Wong: I’m certainly under that impression. I’ve already prepped my sickbay for invasion procedures.

Looks like they had yet another guest joining Team Save Kallo. It was Ensign Thorne!

Kallo: Ensign Throne! Welcome back to the fray.

Thorne: Thank you. Feeling better?

Kallo: response

Thorne: Good to hear. Me on the other hand...::tapping her stomach and turning to look at the Commander:: Commander? Is everything okay?

Allison: Considering the fact that we are currently under attack :: the ship shook as she said it:: I would say things are…in flux. And you are?

Thorne: I am Ensign Lilith Thorne. I have been assigned here by Commander Kelrod to protect our guest from...::mouthing the words  and cupping her mouth with her hands so only the Commander could see in order to avoid potential panic:: abduction.

Allison: Lieutenant Commander Kamela Allison-Parker, Pleased to meet you. What orders were you given?

Thorne: I have been instructed to implement protocol gamma five should such an occurrence commence.

Ikaia watched the back and forth exchange quietly. A frown was starting to form on his face as he was calmly thinking over the situation. He was ill at ease here.

Allison: Understood. Deploy your people as you see fit, subject to revision if necessary.

Thorne: Very well, Commander. As you wish. Should you require any changes to the arrangement then I will have to double check with my direct superior, Commander Kelrod, before any form of implementation.

Kallo: response

Allison: He’s a bit busy at the moment shooting the guns. We get boarded, you are not going to have time for that…

Thorne: Everything is just fine sir. This is...normal... procedure to protect guests when starships are under attack. Try to lay low. Hopefully all this will end soon and we all can happily continue along our merry way! ::attempting a reassuring fake smile.::

Kallo: response

Allison: Don’t worry Kallo…we won’t let you die on the toilet…

Ikaia was suddenly reminded of how that lawyer died in that dinosaur movie he watched last night. Probably a bad idea to think about that.

Kallo: response

Looking at Wong, Kamela spoke…

Allison: How are we fixed for medical supplies? You have any equipment with you?

Ikaia held up his medkit he had slung across his shoulders.

Wong: We should hold out. Hopefully, we can get out of this without anyone getting injured.

Allison: We’re all here until this thing is over. In my backpack I’ve got extra power packs, first aid supplies, and a transporter inhibiter to keep any unwelcome guests out of here, or:: looking at Kallo:: keeping you from being beamed out of here.

Wong: Hopefully, exactly none of that will happen and it will totally be uneventful.

But that was wishful thinking, wasn’t it?

Allison: One more thing Mister Wong…

Wong: Yes?

Allison: There are a couple extra phasers in there. Grab one for yourself.

Wong: Thank you.

Hopefully, he won’t have to use it. He’d really rather not. He went to the closet to grab one of the phasers before returning to the group.

Allison: Ensign, set phasers to heavy stun, and set up the inhibitors.

Thorne: response

The Veritas rocked again, the lights dimmed for an uncomfortably long time, then came back, but not as bright as they once were. The barrage was almost continuous, and Kamela knew the ships’ shields could not take much more than this. Once the shields went down, Kamela had no doubt they would be boarded. Kamela spoke…

As the ship shuttered and moved, Ikaia once again stuck his arm out to keep Kallo from falling over as he held on to the nearest wall. He’s a good medical officer!

Allison: Lieutenant…is something wrong?

Obviously, she had caught him frowning. Of course he had been thinking things over! But was it okay for him to voice that? Better do it now than to hold his peace.

Wong: I know this isn’t my place to say it. But this room is way too small for us to do anything in keeping Mister Var safe. Someone is going to get hurt or worse.

Allison/Thorne/Kallo: Response.

Wong: Well…. I have an idea. If we can reach the holodeck, I’ll be able to hide Mister Var. All things hologram including the holodeck is something of a strength of mine. I’d be able to help either hiding Mister Var entirely or putting up a strong defense. I mean also you can’t ask for a better thing to throw off a bunch of invading warriors than being as unpredictable as a Q hopped up on five cups of pure espresso. I think Mister Var can attest to my skills in creating holograms. I left a holographic decoy in sickbay.

Allison/Thorne/Kallo: Response.

Ikaia drummed his chin in thought.

Wong: The only issue is that getting to the nearest holodeck is going to be tricky. Partially, we can get there sneaking through Jefferies tubes. But there are going to be sections where we will have to use the halls. I’m really going to need help with defense if we’re to get him there safely. But once inside the holodeck, I think we stand a chance of keeping Mister Var safe.

Allison/Thorne/Kallo: Response.

Lieutenant JG Ikaia Wong

Physician Assistant

USS Veritas