Captain Roshanara Rahman: Slugfest in the Shadows

r.rahman

May 5, 2021, 2:52:02 AM5/5/21
to USS Veritas – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
((Bridge, USS Veritas))

Rahman: Mr. Kelrod, don't wait for them to hit us. Open fire.

Kelrod: With pleasure captain!

The ship's main phaser array lit up, firing powerful bright orange lances of energy at the closing ships. Any vessels foolish enough to fly into range of the ship's pulse phaser cannons were greeted with a barrage of hellfire before being torn apart.

Back on the bridge, Roshanara called out to her first officer.

Rahman: Number One, try to coordinate our targets with the Klingons.

Blake: Response

Rahman: If we can barely see beyond our reach, there's no way these smaller ships can see much more either. They must be getting telemetry data from somewhere else. Parker, can you identify the lead vessel?

Parker: Got him, Captain! Bearing two six eight mark four nine! Range seventy thousand kilometers!

Kelrod: Got it!, It's a medium cruiser type, it'll be difficult to get on it with so many fire over us.

Rahman: Helm, get us over there on a direct course *now*! The armor can clear the way.

Flynn: Response

Blake: Response

Kelrod: Maybe our Klingon friends will have more luck in getting to it.

The captain looked ahead at the viewscreen, which was now mostly obscured by explosions and worsening static from the interference from the intense teryon fields.

Rahman: What's their status?

Kelrod: The B’Rakh is also under heavy fire, but holding. The T'Kuvma might be our best option against that ship.

Rahman: Number One, get a message through and send them the coordinates.

Blake: Response

As the ship made a hard turn and began rising to reach its new target, one of the forward consoles exploded, sending debris and sparks shooting into the air.

Kelrod: SHIELDS WEAKENING!

Parker: Response

Just as the captain considered calling for Engineering, their new ensign sent a message to the security chief.

Reade: =/\= Commander Kelrod,  Ensign Scotty here from Engineering. Have a moment? =/\=

Kelrod: =/\= Response =/\=

Reade:  =/\= We have found away to give some more range on our scanners. We have launched an probe to double the scanner frequency with our ship sensors. It should allow some more tactical options.

Kelrod: =/\= Response =/\=

As the ship continued to rock from weapons fire, Roshanara watched on the viewscreen as the  T’Kuvma suddenly began firing on the B’Rakh. While the Klingons were sometimes known for their overzealousness in the heat of battle, this didn't look like a simple case of friendly fire.

Rahman: What the hell are they doing?

Blake: Response

Rahman: Mr. Flynn, get us away from the T'Kuvma!

Flynn: Response

But the Klingon battle cruiser was already launching its next volley at Veritas, the ship's hull groaning from the impacts. The other bird-of-prey was burning in space, adrift.

Bagorgh: =/\= This is the T’Kuvma.  The B’Rakh has been disabled.  Give up the prisoner, or we will take them by force. =/\=

The Kriosian returned a cold stare back at the Klingon woman.

Rahman: =/\= Commander Bagorgh. I take it you have no plans to face justice in a courtroom for what you've done today. If you're foolish enough to wish it instead from my hand, I'm only happy to deliver it. =/\=

Bagorgh: =/\= You are outnumbered.  I will send forces to board your ship if I have to. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Why don't you come over yourself and save me the time in arresting you? =/\=

Bagorgh: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= See you in the brig, Commander. =/\=

She signaled for Kelrod to cut the transmission and then tapped her combadge just as Bagorgh  answered with a volley of torpedoes from the T'Kuvma. The impact struck against whatever was left of Veritas' shields.

Rahman: =/\= Engineering, I need every ounce of power you can muster. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= We’ve got repair teams all over the ship.  Our biggest problem is energy, we’re channelling as much as we can into what’s left of our shields and increasing our scanner range.  It’s coming down to a choice between shields or tactical systems. =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Your priority is the shields then for now, Mr. Ukinix. They're intent on trying to board the ship and capture Kallo. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Response =/\=

But as another torpedo strike hit them, the overhead lights flickered. Intruder alarms sounded.

Rahman: =/\= If the shields are gone, give us more engine power. We need to outrun their transporter range. =/\=

Ukinix: =/\= Response =/\=

Back on the viewscreen, Roshanara saw the distant shapes of asteroids ahead.

Rahman: Mr. Flynn, change your heading. Oh-four-seven mark two-three. See if you can lose some of our pursuers in that asteroid field up ahead.

Flynn: Response

Rahman: Mr. Parker, is there a way we could jam their transporters?

Parker: Response

Rahman: We might not have been able to stop them from beaming over, but maybe we can keep them from leaving.

Parker: Response

Kelrod: Response

Blake: Response

TAG! TBC...