JP: Lt. Cmdr. Geoffrey Teller & Lt Wil Ukinix - Toast of Veritas, Part 1

Geoffrey Teller

Sep 16, 2019, 12:20:10 PM9/16/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

((Chief Engineer’s Office, Main Engineering, USS Veritas))

Wil was relaxed, happily sitting in his Chief’s office, finally having had a chance to catch up with him.  He was reviewing his PADD that had a list of items to discuss. With recent events, an opportunity to distract him from his recent arrest was more than welcome.  His chief was across the room near the warp core, running another series of diagnostics on their recently upgraded engine and humming, off key, to himself. Hearing this, Wil decided to distract him.

Ukinix: Hey, before we go over the running sheet - have you seen the Espy fork recently?

Teller: Good question - I know Reynolds was using it to hold open a hatch yesterday, but she brought it back and left it in the lab.

Ukinix: ::Smirking:: It didn’t accidentally get put into G’var’s arm, did it?

Teller: ::chuckling:: Probably not, but you never quite know with G’var.

Ukinix: Alright.  So real agenda items. Um… ::Looking at PADD:: Starfleet want us to run some detailed diagnostics over the new warp core and send them the results.

Teller: No surprises there, folks back at the ASDB must be anxious to find out how their new baby is behaving.  They ask for molecular stress surveys or plasma flux efficiency reports?

Ukinix: Nah, nothing specific, they just want to keep an eye on things.

Teller:  Easy enough - send them our last three sets of diagnostic logs for now and we’ll send them an additional series in a few days.  What’s next?

Ukinix: ::Looking at PADD:: OK… we’ve been handed the hexagon comm device that Ensign “Oshie” had when you guys arrested him.  So I might get Ensign Alse and Lieutenant El Sayid back in the lab with me to pull it apart, if you’re fine with that?

Teller:  Fine, but I want level 5 safety precautions and that thing should be in a containment field until you’re sure it’s inactive.  I can’t imagine the Orion Syndicate would make it easy to reverse engineer one of their little comm units. Stick close to the new guy, don’t want him getting blown up before we even leave the system.

Ukinix: Yeah, no worries.  ::looking back at PADD:: I can’t legally leave orbit anyway at the moment.

Teller: ::snorting::  Perhaps you’ll have to contact Betazed, have them send the royal guards to spring you.

Ukinix: ::Smirking, looking through items on PADD:: Oh very funny, mate.  ::Serious face:: Um… ::looking at PADD:: The rest of this is run of the mill stuff...

Teller: That can’t be right - last few missions we’ve been on, the repair sheet has been the size of a small book.  There’s got to be something else.

Ukinix: ::scrolling through PADD:: Nah, I don’t think so.  Oh, wait, here’s one.

Teller: ::winking::  Let me guess, G’var snapped off the ventral nacelles...again.

Ukinix: I’d forgotten about this.  ::Looking up from PADD:: That new crewman is arriving today.

Teller: New crewman?  Did I sign off on this?

Ukinix: Remember, that new position we requested to help with the admin side of things in engineering?

Teller: Oh right - Starfleet would apparently like our reports to be ‘on time’ and ‘legible’ so they’re sending a desk jockey out to assist us.

Ukinix: Yep.  Crewman… ::Tapping PADD:: Phan'ta'Go.  He’s a communications expert as well apparently.  Shuttlepod should arrive any second now actually. Good timing.

Teller: Yeah?  If he shows up, send him in - I still need to review the test logs from our new field dampeners.

Ukinix: Aye sir.  That’s it for today. ::Standing up:: I’ll start those diagnostics.

Teller turned back to his console and began updating logs and forwarding along reports to their new crewman - the least Geoff could do was to make sure the new guy had something to do.

TBC

Lieutenant Commander Geoffrey Teller

Chief Engineer

USS Veritas - NCC 95035