Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek & Exile Agent Kazuri: Revelations, Part III

Lael Rosek

Oct 27, 2018, 3:56:28 AM10/27/18
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

OOC: Set after Lael’s conversation with German in the Officer’s Lounge and before the awards ceremony.

((Pickled Fish Bar, Havley’s Hope Colony))

Rosek: ::pauses:: Given our brief acquaintanceship, Kazuri, I’m not sure how comfortable I am disclosing that. If this doesn’t pan out, I don’t want to risk him being implicated by the Council and sent for another therapy...or worse, being exiled because of me. ::lips form a thin line:: If he’s going to leave Al-Leyan society, that should be his choice...not theirs.

::The tone of the younger Al-Leyan snapped her out of her panic at least enough for the older woman to take a long, slow and deep breath to steady herself. Her head bobbed slightly in a nod before she tossed back the last of her whiskey, feeling it burn down her throat.::

Kazuri: You’re right, child. I’m sorry. In my fright I forgot myself.

~Calm yourself, Kazuri. You can’t help what was done to Raga’s boy, and he’s long dead. Died on the side of a mountain. Thank the winds.~

::Lael arched an eyebrow, curious, but given how she’d just shut the woman down, she didn’t imagine she could call of the woman on it. She forced herself to relax, drawing in a deep breath before releasing it.::

Rosek: It’s all right. I--I just get very defensive when it comes to--him. ::smiles sheepishly:: I--He means a great deal to me. I also tend to be very protective of him even though I know he can take care of himself.

Kazuri: It’s fine dear. I remember when I was younger too. Lost track of the number of mates I had back then. Loved every single one of them. Still do, though none of them would dare speak to me anymore. I’m the exiled one after all.

~When I get back I need to research what’s been going on back on Leya-I. If they’ve done to more children what they did to poor Toryn, I’ll have even more reason for us to change things back home.~

Rosek: ::arches an eyebrow:: You’re broadcasting rather loudly, Kazuri. Even with my mental shields and my inhibitors...

::The woman blinked a bit at Lael, brow arched as if she wasn’t sure what the girl was referring to. It took her but a moment and she shook her head, blushing slightly.::

Kazuri: Oh..forgive me, child. I haven’t had whiskey in some time. I have never been a strong drinker. ::She took a deep slow breath and cleared her mind as best as she could with how fuzzy it was::

::Lael found her curiosity getting the better of her. She’d been hesitant to learn too much more about Toryn’s past, given how much she already loathed many of the mandates of Al-Leyan society. She was neutral on the multiple partners thing, though when it came to Toryn she hated the idea of him with someone else.::

Rosek: So are you going to tell me about it or do I have to straight out ask?

::Kazuri canted her head slightly at the question and her brow narrowed. She had been a bit careless already with drinking more than she knew she should. And now knowing the girl was telepathic with their kind she should have immediately ran through her meditative exercises to mute her thoughts to the Desai girl. Even though her father was trying to bring her into the colony, there was a risk she was an agent for the Council.::

Kazuri: About what? ::She asked defensively::

Rosek: ::arches an eyebrow:: I get that I’m an outsider, but playing dumb really doesn’t suit you.

::She did know the girl had read her thoughts, but it was Lael’s sudden curiosity to what she’d heard that bothered the older woman.::

Kazuri: I’m aware you’ve picked up on my thoughts. It was about something that happened over a decade ago. It has nothing to do with you, child. ::She sighed:: And I’ve let old memories distract me enough for now.

::Lael’s gaze dropped to the glass in her hand and she furrowed her brow lost in thought. This was just the latest in the line of reasons why things with her and Toryn just wouldn’t work. She’d made the decision shortly after the last mission and was planning to end things with Toryn tonight. It wasn’t likely to be a pleasant conversation, but it needed to be done. Her gaze lifted again to meet Kazuri’s.::

Rosek: So where do we go from here?

Kazuri: Well. Now that is the question isn’t it child?

::She glanced around the room a moment, using her exceptional sight and hearing to scan for eavesdroppers. Not that it mattered much. Even if there was an Al-Leyan agent from the Council out of sight of the two of them, they’d still be able to hear their conversation. Regardless of the volume. It was the hardest part of her job. Knowing those most interested in her activities had the same senses she did.::

Kazuri: I can put you in touch with those you’re seeking. But you cannot tell anyone about this. We’ve survived for a long time because those on the Council don’t even know we exist. ::She hoped:: The exception being your fellow exile of course.

Rosek: ::nods:: I’ll speak with her about it and make her aware of your wishes to keep this information confidential for now.

Kazuri: ::She gives a nod:: Good. ::She pulled something out of her jacket and slipped it to Lael:: Everything you need to contact us is on that data crystal. Once you’ve done everything it says, destroy it.

::Lael took the crystal and slipped it into her jacket pocket, nodding.::

Rosek: Got it. ::reaches into her other pocket and tosses her payment onto the counter, then offers a hand to Kazuri:: Good meeting you.

::The older Al-Leyan woman nodded at Lael and shook her hand the way Terrans did. She expected no less from a Starfleet officer as they tended to pick up a lot of the human quirks. Especially with the girl being half human anyways.

Kazuri: And you. Take care of yourself, child. I hope to see you again.

::With that the older woman slipped off her stool, tossing payment for her own beverages on the counter and then pulling the hood up over her head as she walked out of the establishment.::

::Lael watched the Al-Leyan woman go, her gaze sliding around the bar as she zeroed in on a halfway humanoid-looking man. One of the ones who had been eyeing her all night. She grabbed the bottle of whiskey she’d been pouring from, which was now a third of the way gone, and moved toward him. If she was going to turn into a monk for God knew how long, she might as well have one last hurrah. And she was definitely going to need the rest of this whiskey from the looks of him.::

---

“Kazuri”

Exile Agent

As simmed by

Lieutenant Toryn Raga

Chief of Security and Chief Tactical Officer

USS Atlantis NCC-74682

PodCast Team

Atlantis Staff Member

Writer ID: A239410TR0