[V-AUD] Captain Roshanara Rahman: Timely Affair

richyulin

Jun 12, 2018, 10:52:27 PM6/12/18
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
//Captain’s Log, Stardate 239506.12

Commander Mei’konda and I will be departing from Veritas shortly to attend the annual Admirals’ Banquet. This year’s event is being held on Starbase 11. It’s going to be a tight schedule, but once he and I get to Esperance, we’ll be able to secure transport on a slipstream transport back towards the Federation core.

But first, I’ve assembled the crew in the auditorium to give special recognition of their efforts this last mission. And to start, we’ll begin with a very personal recognition…//

((Auditorium/Enlisted Mess Hall, Deck 5))

::Roshanara shot her former first officer a wicked smile as she got the rest of the crew to join her in singing.::

Rahman: Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.

::The collective singing voices of all the crewmen and officers standing in the auditorium followed up, sounding a bit like a cheerful Borg collective.::

Enlisted personnel and junior officers in the audience: Happy birthday dear Blaaaake.

Rahman: Happy birthday to you!

::Lt. Commander Sky Blake stood just a few steps away from Roshanara, along with the rest of the senior staff gathered on the stage.::

Blake: Response

Any: Response

::The captain stepped out on the stage, looking out towards the crewmen.::

Rahman: Thank you, all. That was lovely.

::There were some murmured chuckles before the captain continued.::

Rahman: Of course, Ms. Blake’s birthday technically isn’t until tomorrow, but it’s no doubt the 13th somewhere out there.

Blake: Response

Any: Response

::Roshanara chuckled before clearing her throat.::

Rahman: All right then, let’s get down to some important announcements. First, as you may or may not know, Commander Mei’konda and I will be heading off to this year’s Admirals’ Banquet. Which means, yes, the ship will be without its captain and first officer.

::She raised her index finger for a moment.::

Rahman: Now before you get worried—or too excited—the ship will be in good hands under the ever watchful eyes…

::She looked back at Delano and smiled.::

Rahman: …and ears of Lt. Commander Delano.

Delano: Response

Mei’konda: Response

Any: Response

::She turned back to the audience.::

Rahman: As such, I expect you all to give him your best.

::She looked over at her senior staff and then at Mei’konda, nodding at him to step forward with the service ribbons she’d asked him to prepare.::

Rahman: Now, if you’ll indulge your captain, we have a few honors to give. First, Doctor Skyfire, would you please step forward?

Skyfire: Response

Rahman: Doctor, for your service of at least six months as a department head on Veritas, I’m pleased to award you the Department Chief Ribbon.

Skyfire: Response

Rahman: In addition, doctor, your fine work on this vessel has not gone unnoticed. Your commitment to your duties as a Starfleet officer and your oath as a physician are unquestionable. Your persistence at getting your captain to attend her physical… admirable. As such, I am very pleased to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, with all the rights and privileges thereof.

Skyfire: Response

::She nodded as Mei’konda placed the ribbon and handed her the pip. She reached up and pinned the third pip to the doctor’s collar.::

Rahman: Congratulations, doctor.

::There was applause as she stepped back.::

Skyfire: Response

Any: Response

::She turned towards the senior staff again.::

Rahman: Next, Counselor Dugoras, will you step forward?

Dugoras: Response

Rahman: I hope you enjoyed your first mission as a Starfleet officer.

Dugoras: Response

Rahman: There are plenty of adventures to come, but I’m afraid this will have been your last as an ensign.

Dugoras: Response

Rahman: For your excellent performance as ship’s counselor and dedication to duty, I hereby promote you to the rank of lieutenant junior grade, with all the rights and privileges thereof.

::She took the hollow pip from Mei’konda and clasped it onto the counselor’s collar.::

Rahman: Congratulations, lieutenant.

Dugoras: Response

Any: Response

::After congratulating the counselor, she looked back at the other officers left.::

Rahman: I want to give a special recognition to a guest we have here. Doctor Alentonis. Would you come here please, doctor?

Alentonis: Response

Rahman: Doctor, I know you’re not a Starfleet officer, but I checked and I believe as captain, I have the right to award the Captain’s Commendation to anyone I see fit. And I see fit now to award *you* my appreciation as this starship’s commanding officer. Thank you for your assistance this past mission.

Alentonis: Response

::Mei’konda took the Captain’s Commendation ribbon and placed it on the man’s chest.::

Rahman: I look forward to our future missions together, doctor.

Alentonis: Response

Any: Response

::As Mei’konda stepped away, the captain called out to him.::

Rahman: Not so fast, commander.

Mei’konda: Response

Rahman: You didn’t think you’d be able to pull that little atmospheric stunt of yours and not get your captain’s attention, did you?

Mei’konda: Response

Rahman: Well, for not crashing the ship on top of your captain and instead driving off an attacking team of Orion Syndicate mercenaries, likely saving her life and that of the rest of the away team, I hereby award you the Federation Cross.

::She took the ribbon out of her pants pocket and placed it on the Caitian’s chest.::

Rahman: Congratulations.

Mei’konda: Response

Any: Response

Rahman: Finally, all members of the crew who took part in this mission are hereby awarded the Orion Syndicate Service Medal for their actions against the Orion Syndicate. All members of the crew who took part in this mission are also awarded the Explorer’s Ribbon for the discovery of the Romulan Treasure Fleet and the uncharted planet…

::She looked to Delano.::

Rahman: Commander, have we got a name for this planet yet?

Delano: Response

Rahman: ::nods:: Note it in the log.

::She looked back at the audience.::

Rahman: Thank you everyone and well-done!

(OOC: For reference, the people who earned the Orion Syndicate Service Medal and the Explorer’s Ribbon are those who actively participated in at least one act of the mission: Rahman, Mei’konda, Blair, Delano, Walker, Rosek, Blake, Tuk, Mint, Kelrod, Wolfe, Skyfire, Dugoras.)

TAG!

Captain Roshanara Rahman
CO, USS Veritas
I238705TZ0