[Finale] Magus R'ahl A'xxazz- Fury and Fire

michael barnes

Apr 29, 2019, 11:15:13 PM4/29/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Command Deck, Tholian Attack Ship ))

Vamuwene: Where is the crystal?

A’xxaszz:::Running a hand along a Control facet::-the Command Crystal does not Sing my Admiral, the facets have been fussed into a lattice of disharmonic mass of minerals, I cannot hear the Rhythm of the Command Crystal.

F’red: Nor I.  It is as if the crystals were somehow joined without any knowledge of what part each played in the Song.  This ship has become an abomination.

:: R’ahl once again bristled with silent rage and the audacity of the Mentharans, at least the Federation Fleshlings had never blasphemed, never attempted to pervert the Rhythm of the Great Song. The Mentharans it seemed had no boundaries in the lengths they would go to create abominations, to bring such Discord to the Great Song as to make the very stars themselves weep. Taking out a syncro-crystal from his exo-suit, R’ahl ran his talons along three then five facets of the delicate instrument, listen for the tell tell chime of the Command Crystal. After a few beats the Synro-crystal began to shrill and sing with the rhythm of the Command Crystal. Whatever technology the Mentharans had used to refuse the Crystals of the Ship had moved the Command Crsytal to the opposite side of the Bridge. R’ahl watched as the Admiral leapt across the bridge and carefully inspect the Command Crystal.::

 Vamuwene: Did that change anything? Are any of the ship’s systems responding?

 A’xxaszz:::Running the Syncro-Crystal across::- The Song is still Harmonious My Admiral. It will take a few extra Beats more than I had anticipated, but I am Confident we can bring this ship back to life, and make Sing and to Join the Fight

 F’red: ::wincing as the warsong splintered and echoed pitifully:: It seems we have many weapons, Admiral - more than a ship this size should have.  Many have been grafted from other sources and their controls spliced together. We shall strike, but we risk destroying ourselves with every shot. No Tholian shipwright would set foot in something so...fractured as this.

Vamuwene: It may be a strange song we sing, but we will make sure that it is heard. Warrior F’red, take the weapons station. A’xxaszz, at the helm.
 ::R’ahl handed the Command crystal to the Admiral as he jumped into the Helm Station, the time had come to bring Harmony to the Great Song and R’ahl was more than ready to bring punishment to the Blasphemous Drones, his one regret was the he would not have the satisfaction of watching them burn in the Web! Seating himself in the Pilots lattice, R’ahl was pleased as the Helm controls began to hum with the Song of flight. The Admirals ministrations of the Command Crystal were slowly breathing life back into the Ship. Today would be a Glorious day as the Great Song was attuned to the Rhythms of the Universe, all would be in Harmony once again.::

Vamuwene: Did that change anything? Are any of the ship’s systems responding?

:: Before R’ahl could respond his facets became alive with the discordant Song of the Sentinel Drones. Finally the Time had arrived, R’ahl ran his four arms across the Facets of the Flight Crystal. A joyous chime sounded from the Crystal as power flowed to the Ships engines, Bringing the thrusters and Impulse Engines to life, R’ahl began to play a scherzo of flight, it had been several hundred years and countless lives since he had last flown a Ship, but R’ahl remembered the Love he had for it.::

F'red:  Admiral, the enemy comes!

:: Looking at his Sensor Facet, R’ahl nodded in agreement, on the facet he could see a dozen small attack ships headed their way, the Fleshing’s Ship was providing a screen for them while they brought their systems online, R’ahl had to admit the Fleshlings were being true to their word, perhaps they had more honor than he first thought, the Small One’s Song was Honorable, it gave R’ahl much to think on, perhaps there was future of cooperation to be had between the Assembly and the Federation. A shrill from the proximity crystal snapped R’ahl out of his thoughts, checking the sensor facet again, Ra’hl recognized the familiar attack rhythm the Sentinel Drones were using, it was time to change the beat.::

Vamuwene: Turn into the wave. We will fight through them.

A’xxaszz:::Running his arms across the Flight Crystal::-Beginning the Scherzo of K’Lan’zz my Admiral.

F’red: As you order, so we sing.

:: Playing the aggressive and vigorous Scherzo of K’Lan’zz, R’ahl had no problem weaving the Ship through the onslaught of Drones. The Sentinel had been in the process of turning this beautiful and graceful Ship into an Abomination, however it was still fast and maneuverable. R’ahl sneered as a few Drones were able to score hits on the Ship, changing tempo, R’ahl was able to dive and weave amongst the Drones, giving F’red the most advantageous positions to strike from.  The Rhythm and Tempo became lighter and more joyous as F’red destroyed all but a few of the Drones. With a Triumphant crescendo, R’ahl smiled as all the last remaining Drones withdrew from weapons range. Looking to his Sensor Facet once again, R’ahl could see the last remain Drones were gathering for another Run against them.  Switching facets, R’ahl could also see the Fleshling’s Ship being attacked by three large Drones, all former Federation Ships, they were taking a pounding.::

Vamuwene: Now the battle truly begins. :: beat :: Take us in.

A’xxazz:::Begging another scherzo::-By your Song My Admiral, Let us finish off the last of these abominations. The Fleshlings have an honorable Song, we need to make sure they continue to Sing.

F’red: Response

:: Diving the Ship directly at the last of the Drones, R’ahl ran is arms over the Flight Crystal with practiced ease, he had forgotten how truly exhilarating it was to pilot a ship, old feelings of happiness and joy returned as he continued to maneuver the Ship towards the oncoming onslaught of Drones, with a mirthful shrill, R’ahl accelerated the Ship right at the lead Drone, he was curious to see if the Drone would evade the oncoming Ship. Deftly maneuvering the Ship around the Drones Weapons Fire, R’ahl waited until they were a 100 meters from impacting the lead ship, then with single stroke of his arm, he flipped the Ship 90 degrees onto its nose, giving F’red the perfect angle of attack at the unsuspecting Drones. Humming with Satisfaction, R’ahl accelerated downward as F’red brought harmony back the last of the Drone Ships.::

A’xxazz: Tremendous young Warrior, your Song of Marksmanship was most Harmonious, I will be sure to Sing your Praises for a Commendation before the Admiral. ::Checking the Sensor Facet::- Now we need to aid the Fleshlings, it seems their Song is disconcordant, let us help bring harmony and rhythm back to their song.::

Vamuwene: Response

F’red: Response

::Turning the ship back towards the blasphemous Federation Drone, R'ahl continued to conduct a brilliant scherzo of justice, loud enough for the entire Quadrant to hear. Angling the ship towards the ugly four nacelled ship, R'ahl gave F'red a masterful shot to tear into the Drone.::

A'xxazz:::running two arms down the Flight Crystal::-Warrior F'red, bring forth your fire and rid the Universe of this Abomination once and for all.

F'red: Response

Vamuwene: Response

::R'ahl shrilled in joy as he watched the beams of the Ship burn through the hull of the Abomination, rending metal and vaporizing crystal. Soon all the Blasphemous Drones would be eliminated and the Harmony of the Great Song restored.::

Vamuwene: Response

F'red Response

A'xxazz:::changing the rhythm on the Flight Crystal::-Evasive maneuvers engaged my Admiral, the Abomination shall not touch us.

:: Stroking and tapping the facets of the Flight Crystal, R'ahl zigged and zagged the ship in a beautiful pirouette and spin, dodging the fire the ugly ship was directing at them. This Sentinel knew nothing of beauty or joy, it was discordant and unharmonious, it was a Blasphemy and needed to be purged from the Great Song with fire.::

::An alert from the Communications Crystal signaled an incoming hail from the Federation Fleshlings.::

A'xxazz: My Admiral an incoming message from the small female Fleshling.

Vamuwene: Response

Rahman: =/\= Admiral, thanks for the assist. =/\=

Vamuwene: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Our chief engineer has an idea to defeat Sentinel, but I'm going to modify it a bit. I need your help. =/\=

::R'ahl couldn't believe the audacity of the small female fleshling, to ask the Admiral for more help. R'ahl didn't know if he should be furious or impressed, the Female Fleshling definitely had very large crystals.::

Vamuwene: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Our engines are down. I need you to help tow us back to the planet. Specifically to these coordinates... =/\=

::She transmitted the precise set of numbers.::

::Pulling up the transmitted information it seamed to be coordinates back to the Planet the Fleshlings beamed to. Analyzing the data further R'ahl shrilled loudly with anger and fury, the Fleshlings had located the den of the Sentinel!

Vamuwene: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Don't worry about Minerva. I'm counting on her following us. Once we're back in orbit, I need you to disengage the tractor beam and get Minerva to chase after you again. Make sure to continue heading forward away from us and above. =/\=

Vamuwene: =/\= Response =/\=

::Running his hands down his thorax, R'ahl calmed himself, the fleshlings had discovered the lair of the Sentinel abomination, and judging by what they did to the smaller ship, R'ahl began to piece together the small Fleshlings plan.

A'xxazz: My Admiral we have enough power to tow the Federation Ship back towards the Planet, if my readings are correct, they are priming their propulsion systems for another catapult launch. ::running a talon along a sensor facet:: scans show the Drone is completely ignoring the Federation Ship.

Vamuwene: Response

F'red: Response

A'xxazz:: By your Command my Admiral!

::Once again R'ahl played his four arms down the length of the Flight Crystal, while F'red powered the Tractor field, swinging past the bow of the Federation ship, R'ahl skimmed their hull by mere meters. Engaging the tractor field, F'red was able to grab the larger ship. With their prey captured, R'ahl stroked  the acceleration facet, and engaged full impulse power::

::The Sentinel Drone acted as expected and continued to fire at the Them rather than The defenseless Federation ship. R'ahl knew the Logic was sound, they were the threat, a True Singer of Songs would have seen the trap as it was laid out before them. A True Singer of Songs would have detected the build up of the graviton field. R'ahl simply shrilled in joy, soon the Blasphemous Abomination would be wiped clean in fire and fury.::

::Nearing the Planet, R'ahl continued to weave a beautiful path around the incoming fire from the trailing Drone, nearing the Coordinates that had been designated, R'ahl signaled F'red to release the Federation Ship.::

::Switching on the Main Viewer Facet, the Trio watched as the Drone flew over the Federation ship, only to be caught in its Web of Gravitons, in a brilliant violet flash the Drone ship was hurled at an incredible velocity towards the surface. R'ahl watched with Joy as the Sentinel's Den was turned to Ash in the White Fire of its own Drone, the symmetry was breathtaking. Watching as the dust settled R'ahl was finally at peace as all that remained of the Abomination was a smoking crater.::

(( Bridge, Destroyer F'Niin Ti'bar ))

::R'ahl was always impressed with his People's timing, as the dust was settling over the crater that was the Sentinel's Lair, Four Destroyers and severel more Federation ships arrived into the system. Impeccable Timing as always. For several hours both the Assembly and Federation worked together to make sure no more Abominations were in the system and that the Sentinel was truly gone from the surface of the planet.:

::Standing back on the Bridge of living singing ship was shear ecstasy, it had been to long since R'ahl had heard the joyous Songs of properly Harmonized crystals, their rhythm sent waves of peace through his lattice. looking at the viewer Crystal at his station, R'ahl continued to study the readings from the Planet, he had become entranced by the image of the crater. The Fleshlings had risked much to end the Blasphemy of the Abomination Sentinel. It had been several centuries since R'ahl had thought the Fleshlings where capable of anything other than Discord, but the female Fleshling, and the Fleshlings on the Federation Ship had proven to be Harmonious in their actions, it gave R'ahl much to think about. Soon he would transfer his knowledge on to a new Soul Crystal, and coalesce and cohere these new ideas into a new Magus, one more wise in the ways of the Fleshlings.::

Magus R'ahl A'xxazz
Formerly of the Battleship T'Kath Tholis