JP: Cmdr. Kelrod & Lt.Jg. Ukinix: In your kitchen or in mine? (Part two)

Danny Lee

Jun 15, 2019, 7:32:22 PM6/15/19
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Officers Lounge, Deck 4, USS Veritas))

Ukinix: Actually I found out they used to be the house of "Wealth". But changed their name to the house of Agriculture.

Kelrod: Right, agriculture. I’ve read about the incidents with the Ninth house in the forties… In my opinion… all that nobility thing with all their rivalries and envys, is just a political business.

Ukinix: Oh yeah. I saw a bit of that first hand when I was there.  Nice people, but they seem to want to out-impress each other all the time.

Kelrod: I understand that… I didn’t meant any disrespectful the houses in general or yours in particular. It’s just that I’m not much into that.

Ukinix: No, no disrespect taken. I grew up in a culture of fairness and equality on Earth, irrelevant monarchs and royalty are long a thing of the past on my continent.

Kelrod: :: He leaned on the chair and looked at the man for a few seconds before talking again :: So, it seems that you’re still more a Starfleet officer than a noble. Any special ability that I should know of? Or maybe a hobby?

Ukinix: ::Smiling:: Well remember that I'm not a noble by any means.  But ::pondering, looking up:: hobbies? ::Looking at Kelrod, shrugging:: Dunno, just keeping fit and running. I don't mind kicking around a football every now and then.  ::Stroking chin:: You know what? You've made me realise I probably need to pick up a hobby.  How about you?

Kelrod: Me? Oh, aside from physical training, I’ve learnt to cook a bit. Lieutenant Tuk taught me as an exchange for my self-defense training.

Ukinix: Oh yeah? ::Nodding:: Nice! I like cooking too.  You're full of pleasant surprises.

Kelrod: Well, I’ve complained that despite being half Betazoid, I find making long term relationships difficult, so I guess that I’m trying to think outside of my comfort zone and might be asking if you’d like to test my abilities on that regard.

::Kelrod was a Veritas crew member so Wil inherently felt like he had his back. He was very happy to be getting to know another member of his extended family.::

Ukinix: Cooking? Oh Kelrod, ::leaning forward:: you don't have to ask me twice. I love a properly cooked meal.  ::Rubbing his stomach:: Be more than happy to test your abilities.  Actually, ::stroking chin:: I've got an idea. We should have a dinner party sometime. You cook main course, I'll cook dessert. I owe Jansen a meal. It'd be great to have Raissa and Natalia there too.

Kelrod: mmm… Not what I was thinking. My idea was more in the line of a dinner for thre or maybe four. But we can discuss the rest of the attendants as we plan it.

Ukinix: ::Laughing:: If I didn't invite G'var she'd throw me in the holodeck and hunt me down with her Bat'leth. ::Looking ahead, squinting eyes:: Possibly without even running a holodeck program.

Kelrod: That will leave you little room for escaping. You know I’m her superior, I can try and order her not to kill you, but you know, part klingon, female and security officer… that leaves us little chances of succeeding. :: He smiled at him, half joking with the phrase he’d made up. ::

Ukinix: Should we invite the Captain and Commander Delano too?

Kelrod: Maybe we can start easy and if it goes well, we can ask the top of the command chain. I don’t want to screw it with the captain and the FO, at least I want to get some confidence first.

Ukinix: Alright. Dinner party at some stage in the future. Could be lots of fun.

::A pleased grin came to Wil's face. An opportunity to cook for his friends and colleagues would be an absolute treat for him. Doing it alongside Kelrod would be lots of fun.::

Kelrod: This is the deal, we’ll prepare something for the next shore leave, if it goes well, we can try for the rest of the senior staff, including Rahman and Delano.

Ukinix: Sounds good, Commander. ::Cheekily:: If this goes well, we can open up a restaurant.

Kelrod: Next to the Brew continuum?  :: He laughed at the idea ::

:: Kelrod patted Wil in the shoulder as they enjoyed some more time talking about other stuff. Wil smiled as he was glad to be getting to know another member of the Veritas family.::

End

Brought to you by

Commander Kelrod

Chief Of Security