JP Lt. G'var and Lt Ukinix- Spices, Trinkets, Clothing and Gadgets...Oh My! [Part One]

michael barnes

Apr 30, 2020, 10:37:28 PM4/30/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas

((Shuuras City Centre, Cait - 0830))

Ukinix: “The small city of Shuuras is famous on Cait for its market, held every Saturday and Sunday in the city’s centre. Fresh local agricultural produce, seafood, and spices were the genesis of the markets, but over the last century that has expanded to all kinds of goods, such as trinkets, clothing, and the latest in tech gadgets.”

G'var:::holding back a sneeze:: By the Light Pusher, I think you have discovered where they keep every spice known ::rubbing her nose:: I can barely breath.

Standing on the edge of the busy markets where they had just been beamed to, Wil was reading from his PADD to G’var, as they stood on the corner of one side of the large markets.

In the stalls they could see, people were seemingly finishing the set up of their stalls for the morning. With a few people slowly meandering from stall to stall, it was quiet for the time being. It seemed like the calm before the storm of thousands of shoppers flooding the markets.

G’var:::placing a kiss on Wil’s cheek:: Well, You certainly know how to take a Woman Shopping. I wonder how many Vendors there are? ::smirking:: You trying to butter me up for something Mr. Ukinix?

Ukinix: ::Cheekily:: Only about 4,000 stalls. ::Looking at PADD:: Wow, approximately 30,000 square metres.

Wil tapped a few times on his PADD to bring up a map of the markets, before handing it to G’var.

Taking the PADD from Wil, G'var did a quick scan of the map. Judging by the many different colors on the map it would take someone weeks to visit every vendor.
Never being one to spend too much on herself, G'var had to admit a few new outfits would be nice. Her older clothes didn't fit right anymore after her augmentations.

Adjusting her leather jacket, G'var had been thankful that she had been able to find something she liked in at the Ship’s Replimate. Now with a chance to find some actual clothes that fit G'var couldn't wait. Making a quick note where the weapons vendors were at, G'var turned to Wil as he excitedly ran down the list of different mercantiles

Ukinix: The different colours on the map represent the different kinds of items for sale. ::Pointing at map:: Clothing and textiles, seafood and produce, tech, spices… oh, and there’s a food section right in the middle. ::Rubbing stomach:: Can’t wait for lunch time.

G’var:::rubbing her nose once more:: I'm glad you're excited for lunch Beloved. My nose is so stopped up everything will probably taste like...warp plasma.

Ukinix: Where do you want to start?

G’var:::playing with her ill fitting top:: How about a tailor, I could use a new outfit. I've not had anything bought anything since last New Years at Esperance.

Ukinix: A tailor? OK. ::Cheekily, singing:: Hey, big spen-der!

G'var:::Laughing:: Please Pusher, you're with the First Daughter of House Km’TeK. I’ve got the Latinum.

Ukinix: Lucky me!

G'var:::smirking:: I hope you didn't Mate with me for my vast Family fortune? ::wrapping an arm around Wil:: I never took you for a Latinum Presser.

He took a step forward and smiled, while holding G’var’s hand.

Ukinix: Look, “mate”, I had no idea on Limbo your family was loaded. I fell for you because of your swimming skills.

He placed a kiss on her lips.

G'var::handing the PADD back to Wil:: It’s a good thing that you're so handsome. ::winking:: You certainly know how to flatter a Woman.

Ukinix: ::Teasingly:: I learned everything I know from… ::clicking his fingers:: you know, what’s his name...dammit, I can never remember his name… you know, original Enterprise captain, bit of a ladies man, cheated on his test at the academy...

G'var:::playfully squeezing Wil’s waste:: You’ve not been kissing the power conduits again? ::Laughing:: Come on Pusher, let's get started. ::tugging Wil forward:: You keep up the Flattery and I may let you help me try on a few things.

Wil almost tripped as he was led forward by the all muscle, virtually no body fat Klingon woman.

Ukinix: Woah!

((Twenty minutes later, Stall A-37 - “The Happy Little Tailor”))

Ukinix: ::Tilting head to side:: Hmm… I dunno, maybe a darker colour, if they’ve got one?

G'var::: Holding up a beautifully embroidered garment:: You're right...white was never my color. ::winking at Wil:: Perhaps Crimson, in honor of Lakura.

The Caitian merchant, a short woman, approached them.

Merchant: Hello, officers, maay I help you?

Ukinix: How did you know we were Starfleet officers?

Merchant: Your combaadges.

G’var:::pinching Wil’s Chest:: This one found his at the bottom of a je tlhaQwI' ghom'a' jawwI' Dogh box (cracker jacks)

Ukinix: ::To G’var:: Oi!

G’var:::laying out the white body suit:: Madam, Do you happen to carry this in Crimson?

Merchant: I maay have different colors of that garment ::pointing over shoulder:: in stock.

G’var:::Smiling brightly:: That's Outstanding, will you be so kind as to check please? I'm 38-26-36, and 1.85 meters in height

Merchant: Very well. I shaall return.

As the Catian left the front of the stall, G'var turned her attention to looking for a jacket to go with the body suit.

G’var:::I wonder if she has anything made from Xelaian Juggernaut hide? I've always loved the way the scales rub against my skin.

Ukinix: Maybe I could ask her for a custom uniform. Made out of sequins that glow in the dark or something.

G’var::Smirking:: Perhaps just a Dress Jacket? Something to really set off the Admiral-No-Pants look. ::kissing Wil’s cheek:: I want my arm candy looking his best at our next poker night.

The Ferengi owner of a stall a few doors down tried to get their attention.

Ferengi Merchant: ::loud whispering:: Psst! Hew-mon! Klin-gon!

G'var let out a sub vocal growl as she heard the familiar accent of a Ferengi. Turning her head she let out a longer and more audible growl.

G'var:::growling:: oO Keep calm woman, you were bound to run into a few Ferengi in a souq this large. No need to rip his arms of just yet. Oo

Wil looked over his shoulder, before turning to look at the man.

Ukinix: ::Under his breath:: Oh no. Here we go.

G'var:::squeezing Wil’s arm:: What do you want kind Merchant? ::growling under her breath::

Ferengi Merchant: Her goods are inferior and very overpriced. Come, come, I am willing to negotiate, maximum quality for you, and ::fake posturing:: modest profit for me.

The Ferengi male smiled, while screwing up his nose a little.

G’var::: You have any Xelaian Juggernaut hide jackets?

Ferengi Merchant:::bridging his fingers together:: For such a beautiful warrior ::licking his lips:: Of course I do, anything you desire Your Worshipfulness.

G'var:::giving the Ferengi “The Look”:: They had better be made from Authentic Xelaian Juggernaut Hide, not replicated.

Ukinix: ::To G’var, quietly cautionary tone:: He’s going to rip you o-ooofffff...

Ferengi Merchant:::placing his hands in a submissive form:: Would I lie to a slayer such as you. ::looking lower than G'var's neck:: To one with such huge...arms!

Ukinix: ::To Ferengi merchant, cheekily:: Yeah, mate, and those arms will do some damage if you try to run one past her.

G'var:::crossing her arms:: If you’re lying…::growling:: I will be most...displeased.

Ukinix: ::To Ferengi merchant:: See? Told ya.

Ferengi Merchant:::smiling:: I would never displease one as big and as beautiful as you my Mistress.

Wil simply crossed his arms, rolled his eyes and tutted in annoyance.

G'var:::taking in a deep breath:: Fine! Once we have concluded our business here...we will see what you have to offer Ferengi.

((Four minutes later))

With G’var having purchased the embroidered outfit, she and Wil made their way a few stalls down to the Ferengi merchant.

They had only been there for 30 seconds, but already the merchant had held four different jackets in front of G’var.

Ferengi Merchant: Madam, this one has fur lined edges. Perfect for... ::rolling hands:: a Klingon hunt on a cold planet.

G’var:::Running a hand over the Thundarian Lynx fur:: Amazing…:::taking a deep breath of the fur:: ...this is real lynx fur. ::chuckling to herself:: By Kahless who would have thought you’d be telling the truth.

Ukinix: I - ::slightly overwhelmed:: think that one would look good on you as well, G. They all look good.

G'var turned the jacket around a few times before slipping it over her shoulders. The feel of the fur over her bare arms was Divine. Working the buckles and straps G'var adjusted the jacket to fit her frame, letting the fitted collar tickle her neck.

Stepping to a mirror, G'var admired the jacket as she slowly turned. Raising a brow she wondered if she could get a better bargain if she bought both the fur lined jacket and the juggernaut hide one? Turning back to the Ferengi, G'var began undoing the buckles of the jacket.

Ferengi Merchant: Wait. ::Wiggling finger between G’var and Wil:: Are you two - together? You know…

The merchant made a gesture to suggest that they were together in a “romantic” sense.

G’var:::narrowing her eyes:: As if it any of your business ::growling:: but yes...we are Mates.

Ferengi Merchant: How did such a luscious, mighty warrior female end up with this ::gesturing to Wil:: hew-mon. Tell me, ::To G’var, tilting head to side:: Did he win you in a game of Dabo?

Wil’s jaw dropped, and eyes opened wide, before he chuckled in astonishment at the gawl of the merchant.

G’var:::seeing RED:: WON ME!

Ferengi Merchant: ::Waving hands:: No, no, I didn’t mean-

G’var:::raising her hands above her head:: I'm gonna send you to the Great River of the Continuum.

Wil stood in front of G’var, and gently held her upper arms, looking into her eyes.

Ukinix: Relax. I think he’s trying to fire you up on purpose. ::Shrugging: Why, exactly, I don’t know, but-

Ferengi Merchant: Rule 203. “New customers are like razor-toothed gree-worms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they bite back.” I admit, the hew-mon is right, a Klingon warrior who is challenged will respect the aggressor, and ::hand on chest:: speaking from experience, ::smiling:: purchase more.

Ukinix: ::Over shoulder, to Ferengi:: Mate, you’re not helping.

G’var:::gritting her teeth:: By the Light! Purchase more! ::giving a subtle wink to Wil:: I’ll have your lobes for coasters!

Ukinix: ::Gently rubbing her forearms:: How about we just buy your jacket, then we’ll go look around at the other stalls, yeah? ::Smiling:: Nothing like a bit of retail therapy.

G’var:::seething:: This Jacket! I want both of these ::pointing towards the Juggernaut hide jacket:: and that one there ::pointing to a black d’jarin leather jacket:: the insult to us both, or you’ll be lobeless by Lunch!

Ferengi Merchant:::stammering:: No insult intended Warrior Goddess…::rubbing his lobes:: I would be most humbled to negotiate a price with you...

Before the Ferengi Merchant could continue, G'var cut him off.

G'var:::swinging her arm:: There will be no negotiating! ::growling:: I will pay you four Bars of Latinum for the garments.

Ukinix: Here comes the haggling...

Ferengi Merchant:::arms up in submission:: Surely one as beautiful and powerful as you would not want to rob a poor Merchant such as me? ::licking his lips:: I would be happy to let the jackets go for 10 Bars of Latinum. ::groveling::

Ukinix: ::Grimacing:: Hmm, that’s a bit steep.

G'var:::crossing her arms, rubbing the lynx fur:: You insult me and my beloved, and expect me to pay 10 BARS! ::slamming both hands down on the table:: 6 Bars ::leaning forward::

Ferengi Merchant:::reaching out as if to touch G'var:: My your so...Big...and healthy up close. ::supplicating:: 9 Bars is as low as I could possibly go.

Wil rolled his eyes again when he saw the Ferengi besotted with G’var.

Ukinix: Nine’s good, let’s pay him his latinum so we can get out of here? I want to get over to the tech section-

G'var:::standing back up:: No, I think this PetaQ can go lower ::growling:: 8 Bars Final Offer, or do you intend to insult us again?

Ferengi Merchant: You should listen to your mate. Rule 94, “Females and finances don’t mix”.

G’var:::growling low::...but my fists and your Lobes do?

The Ferengi raised his palms in protest.

Ferengi Merchant: Eight Latinum?! Is your Klin-gon honor not above insults? Me, with a sick wife and six children! Are you trying to put me out of business?

G’var:::raising a brow:: By Kah’less no one would touch you, to even Scratch You! And you expect me to believe you have a wife and children! ::laughing:: you are a terrible liar

Ferengi Merchant: Alright. Eight. Done.

Wil blinked a few times in shock at the sudden concession of the merchant, as G’var paid him.

Ukinix: ::to Merchant:: Wait. Just like that? All that protesting, just to concede like that?

After the merchant handed over the jackets to G’var, he raised a finger to Wil.

Ferengi Merchant: Ah, rule 125. “You can’t make a deal if you’re dead”. ::mockingly:: Hew-mon.

Ukinix: ::Rubbing sides of temples:: Oh, lordy.

Ferengi Merchant: ::To G’var, smiling:: Goodbye, my sweet warrior princess. ::Hand on chest:: I will never forget you. Maybe next time I will give you more discount if you don’t bring this ::Looking at Wil:: hew-mon with you.

The merchant gave her a sly wink.

G’var:::snarling:: Do not make me Stab you little Ferengi! I will serve you precious bits to a Mugato!

TBC…

Lieutenant G'var
Assistant Chief of Security
USS Veritas NCC-95035