Lt. JG Zhanyt Lafizatar - Discussions

Koihime Nakamura

Jul 31, 2020, 4:32:53 AM7/31/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com
(( Brew Continuum, USS Veritas ))

Alentonis: Nice, what field?

Lafizatar: ::brings herself to attention, barely restraining a salute:: Sir. Ensign.

Rao: Hello Lieutenant.

Alentonis: How can I help you, lieutenant?

Lafizatar: I was told to report to you for a room allocation.

Rao: What a coincidence, that's just why I was talking to the Commander.

Alentonis: Ah yes. Have a seat? Can I interest you in a drink?

Zhanyt considered for a moment as she sat down, before shaking her head. She was still getting used to the concept of a coffee shop onboard the ship at all. She supposed it promoted a place to relax off shift, and it was certainly more customized than the standard rooms she had seen in Starfleet before.

Lafizatar: No, but thank you.

Rao: So you're new here too huh? :: Kionn asked with an easy smile.::

Lafizatar: ::nodding:: I was just assigned to this vessel.

Alentonis: Sure sure. Here you go. Deck 3, 1102.

Rao: We'll be neighbors then.

Lafizatar: ::nodding:: I look forward to serving with you. ::notes the quarters down on her PADD::

Alentonis: So, you are here as a science officer it looks like. What specialty?

Lafizatar: Hypergravitation. I've done some seminar work on other disciplines, but I don't claim to specialize in them.

Rao: Fascinating, I did most of my work on transwarp theory myself.

Zhanyt raised an eyebrow at that. Transwarp theory was rather unusual. She did hear that while the Federation had given up on transwarp drives with the advent of QSD and the Warp XV drive, they hadn't given up the idea of transwarp conduits to create an interior transit network. In fact, it was said that many of them were in progress, due to be finished in 2399.

Lafizatar: Interesting. I've heard some talk of transwarp corridors being built by the Federation.

Rao: I'd be happy to trade notes sometime.

Lafizatar: That would be neat. I miss talking over this with fellow engineers.

Rao/Alentonis: Response

Lafizatar: ::seems to be working through how to phrase:: In the Mathenite Confederation, this discipline is called Engineering and Analytics - the theory being that those who work on ships are best placed to understand and process sensor readings for all but specialized tools, and specialized scientists often do not enlist in the Navy. If something goes wrong, the theory is that we'll have to implement the suggestion anyway, so why separate the discipline? ::deliberative silence:: But it often is not as dedicated to scientific survey, since our colonial space is well known to us, and limited by major powers. I've found the Federation split to be.. fascinating in implications, and a good reflection in that often Federation ships are outside known space.

Rao/Alentonis: Response

TAG/TBC

Lt JG. Zhanyt Lafizatar
Science Officer