Lt Cmdr Wil Ukinix - Love and Destroy

Wil Ukinix

Oct 6, 2020, 6:54:09 AM10/6/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

((Counsellor’s Office, Deck 6, USS Veritas))

Ukinix: I guess there are.  Thukaa, the Andorian cadet, made the first move.  Except *she* had a weird way of showing me she liked me.

Navarro: And after that?

Ukinix: Nothing really happened.  We went out on a few dates.  ::Shrug:: Not long after we graduated, and next thing I know, I started on the Veritas.

Navarro: Very interesting.

Ukinix: Oh.  Really?

Navarro: ::smiles:: Yes it is. You are the pursued, not the pursuer.

Ukinix: It’s just, that’s… ::nervously clears throat:: that’s a little unexpected.

Navarro: I don’t mean that as a bad thing. That has just been your experience it seems. Have you considered doing the pursuing?

Ukinix: Well, I could give it a shot… ::shrug, smile:: Sure, why not.  You’re the counsellor.

Navarro: So they tell me. ::smirks:: Now I know you are probably a little raw from your last relationship. I am not saying to run out and chase women around the ship. ::smirks again:: That could get you injured.

For a brief moment, Wil couldn’t help but imagine scenarios of him chasing some of his fellow female crewmates around different decks on the Veritas.  Not in a romantic way, just chasing them for no reason in particular.  He also imagined what their reactions would be.  Most did involve an unpleasant ending.

Ukinix: Yeah, I think you’re right on that.

Navarro: Nor am I saying you should jump into a relationship.  What I’m saying is that perhaps you should… ::wriggles her nose looking for the right way to say it:: Notice...

Ukinix: ::Slight furrow of eyebrows:: Notice?

Navarro: It appears to me you seem to be a little surprised when a woman is into you. ::grins:: Missing the cues perhaps?

Ukinix: Queues?  Look, I know some Starfleet officers in the past have had a certain reputation, but I’ve never been *that* good with the opposite sex-

Navarro: Response.

Ukinix: Ohhhh!  “Cues”, not “queues”.  Gotchya.  ::Slow nod:: You’re probably right, I’m hopeless at that.

He paused for a moment, looked down, and pondered for a little longer before continuing.

Ukinix: I should be.  I’m one quarter Betazoid, I’m annoyingly E4 empath, and yet - ::pursed lips, shrug:: - sometimes, I guess I “mishear” emotions when they’re directed at me.

Navarro: Response.

Ukinix: What sort of things should I look for?

Navarro: Response.

Ukinix: You see? This is why I’m an engineer.

Navarro: Response.

Ukinix: I, uh - ::clears throat::

Wil shifted uncomfortably on the pillow he was sitting on before he decided to abruptly change the topic.

Ukinix: Is it too late to get a margarita?

Navarro: Response.

Tags/TBC

Lieutenant Commander Wil Ukinix

Chief Engineer, Second Officer