JP Commander Kelrod & Lt. G'var- Dinner Out

michael barnes

May 19, 2020, 6:38:33 PM5/19/20
to sb118-...@googlegroups.com

(Cait spacedock - temporary quarters )

IC:

He had spent the last few days enjoying the shore leave the best he could. After the Bachelor party for Orrey and Moonsong, Kelrod went back to his daily life, getting back to improve himself on the gym, updating his knowledge on tactical situations, checking the roster for future assignments. The emptiness of those quarters served as a reminder of what his life was and kept him focusing on his duty. The alarm sounded reminding him of an appointment with G’var, the brave Klingon security officer that has been his strongest support all this time on the Veritas since she joined them.

Setting the PADD aside, he took a sonic shower and decided on the casual clothes he’ll be wearing for the dinner. As Wil will be busy during the evening it seemed good to use that to get a dinner with her and improve their relationship, not only because he liked her as security officer but because he liked her as a fellow officer. He knew that he can trust her, with his life and there’s little people he’d trust his life with. So, he put on his green trousers and jacket along with the black vest and blue shirt, his hair tied in a pony tail on the back.

((Pancho’s Happy Bottom Riding Club Cait Spacedock))

Walking the Promenade of the Space Dock, G’var took the time to poke her head in a few shops and stalls before she planned to meet the Chief before Dinner. She had planned on spending the night with Wil working on the Rock machine they had recently purchased, but an emergency in Engineering had squashed that plan. Overhearing their Conversation, the Chief had suggested that the two of them have dinner on the Station instead. Since Wil was going to be elbows deep in Engineering all night G’var happily accepted the offer. It had been a long time since the Chief and her and done anything outside of Security together anyway, and it was high time they did.

The two had decided to meet at 1800, giving her time to hit the gym and do a little shopping before they met. Arriving a little early, G’var had stopped by a blacksmith’s forge to pick up a custom set of bracers she had commissioned. After the last Mission She wanted a little more armor for her forearms, if she had been a fraction of a second slower she would have two prosthetic limbs. The Smith had done an amazing job, she had even etched several prayers to Kah’less along the duranium edges. Giving the smith a few more strips of latinum for the masterwork craftsmanship, G’var headed off to meet the Chief.

Walking through the swinging doors of Pancho’s Happy Bottom Riding Club, G’var’s senses were immediately assaulted. The walls and ceiling were covered in ancient Terran aviation brick a brack, models of pre-warp air vehicles hung from the ceiling mimicking ancient aerial combat. The wall was covered in corrugated metal and plaster. Neon signs were liberally displayed along the walls and a jaunty tune was playing from a bubbling entertainment machine. Along one wall was a long wooden bar, behind it a large mirror, lined with colorful bottles. The smell of charred and seared meat hung in the air, along with the aroma of stall alcohol.

Looking around the room G’var could see several Starfleet personnel dining and drinking, along with a view of other travelers. Taking a seat in a u-shaped booth G’var took off her leather jacket and began to study a holo-menu. Checking the winged-neon chronometer above the bar, G’var figured the Chief should be along shortly. Studying the drink menu, G’var couldn’t believe they had Ale8one, she thought that Drink was unheard of out of Kentucky. Ordering a longneck bottle of Ale from the Caitian server, G’var settled back and waited for the Chief to arrive.

As he entered the club, he was surprised to see such an old style club, more so that it had been chosen by G’var for their dinner. Who knows, maybe she had a hidden side for those kinds of places. As he scouted the place looking for her, he saw a few officers in the club, some wearing their uniforms, and some of them staring at him in his green suit. He felt confident wearing this as he felt that he could own the place if he wanted to. It was one of the few things he liked most aside from piloting and getting his job done, at least to boost his self confidence a bit.

Finally seeing her sitting on a table on a U shaped booth checking the holo-menu so he approached as she asked for something from the menu.

Kelrod: Hello, I hope I’ve not made you wait too much?

G’var:::putting the menu down:: Not at all Chief ::standing:: I just had some business on the Station I needed to take care of before Dinner ::smiling:: I got done quicker than I thought I would.

Kelrod: I used to be the first to arrive on these occasions, but it seems I’m getting slow on that. Years don’t go in vain

G’var: ::raising a brow:: Coach always said, want the years it was the mileage. ::chuckling:: After the last few years on the Veritas, I’d say we've both accumulated more than our fair share of miles

Kelrod: :: smiling :: So, have you chosen anything yet?

G’var: ::sitting down, patting her stomach:: No not yet, but I'm in the mood for something fresh and raw. ::licking her lips:: Wil likes to over cook everything.

Kelrod: I’ll let you give me advice, since you choose the place

G’var:::belly laughing:: A Brave Man Chief! ::smacking the table:: Very well ::scanning the menu:: Let's start with some Turkaliun Bloodworms, to stoke our appetites. Then a double order of U’tAM’qOA with a side of P’oH’ sauce...for Dipping.

Kelrod: Why do I get the feeling I’ll regret this later?

G'var:::smirking::You meet me in the morning Chief and we can do a half marathon if you're worried about your figure. ::lifting her brows::

Kelrod: It’s not my figure I’m worried about, but my stomach. You know betazoid inners are softer than klingons, right? However,... I’ll take you on that proposal. It’s been some time since I’ve made a resistance run. But I’ll get to choose the desserts.

G'var:::doffing a two finger salute:: Deal Commander

Kelrod: It’s good to have this moment to be able to talk outside of duty boundaries.

G'var:::smiling:: I'm glad to be here as well we don't see each other out of the Security Center enough.

Kelrod: Or the gym. But I guess that as you’re :: air quoting :: recently, involved with Wil, you like to spend some time together.

G'var: ::Leaning forward:: I did happen to hear a rumor that you and Charlena had been seen together around the Ship. ::steepling her fingers:: Were you two up to something while I was away with Father?

Kelrod: :: opening his eyes and letting out a sigh half covering a smile :: Rumors travel quick in a starship… Anything against that?

G'var: ::smiling thinly:: No, I'm just surprised is all. I wouldn't think you to be the type that likes to play with Fire, nothing will burn you faster that a Daughter of House Km’TeK ::winking::

Kelrod: :: smiling :: Well, thanks for the warning, maybe you could have given it sooner if you hadn’t left in such a hurry.

G'var:::shrugging:: When The General comes calling ::taking a deep breath:: It is the duty of His First Daughter to answer the call. ::exhaling:: I didn't have much choice.

Kelrod: I see… Well, let me take a worry out of your head. There’s nothing going on with Vanlith, but... a crewmates bond. That’s all.

G’var:::shrugging:: Fair enough Chief, I wasn’t worried Vee is a grown woman. I just wanted to make sure she didn’t follow my advice too literally and bruise you too much.

Kelrod: Don’t worry, I wished she tried, I’m tougher than I look...

Sitting back against the red padded vinyl cushions of the booth, G’var took a deep breath and was rewarded with the scent of Turkaliun Bloodworms. Hearing her stomach rumble, G’var licked her lips, she hoped they were as fresh as advertised. Plucking a handful off woms of the plate as they arrived, G’var raised a brow, as some of the worms looked a little rubbery. Slurping down a mouthful the still pleasantly burst in her mouth. Reaching for another handful, G’var stopped herself as the Chief was still ordering a beverage and hadn’t yet gotten his first portion.

Kelrod: Well, let’s see how good this is…

Reaching across the table the Chief grabbed a good sized portion of worms, a few escaping back onto the plate. Watching intently for any sign of disgust, G’var truly hoped he enjoyed the flavor. Slurping the wiggling mass down the Chief kept his facial expression neutral, his color remained good as well

G’var:::smiling:: oO Good to know the Chief can handle such raw delicacies, ::smirking:: though I suppose we both had worse on Limbo.

He chewed and swallowed the worms, not exactly delicious as some may find them, but they’re passable. After all, it wasn’t the first time he’d had lunch with a klingon.

G’var:::slamming a hand on the table:: Well done Chief! Most beings cannot handle the taste of raw bloodworms. :::taking another handful:: I always prefer them raw, wet, and wiggling! ::slurping down a mouthful::

Kelrod: I’ve eaten worse. So, I see you’re keeping up with my personal life, I guess it’s only fair that I ask how you and Wil are. Still battling your love with fire?

G’var:::wiping her hand on a napkin:: Since Wil installed the soundproofing, we are no longer getting complaints, which is nice. ::smirking:: while I was gone Wil hit the gym pretty hard, his stamina has improved a great deal, he only has to go to sickbay every other day. ::Laughing::

Kelrod: Be sure not to burn him too much, men, like gagh, are better when they’re still moving.

That time G’var had to belly laugh. Of course Wil had never disappointed her in that regard. Wil certainly moved in all the right ways. Though she had to admit her leaving had almost snuffed their fire forever, thankfully there were enough embers to rekindle their fire and passion.

G’var::slapping the table:: Wil likes to play with fire Chief, he like a blacksmith, forging the blade with fire and brawn, and believe me he knows how to work the metal. ::smiling wickedly::

Kelrod: You managed to get to know each other and it seems that despite your differences, you managed to make it work. I guess that when people are destined to be together,... they find a way. :: He slurped a few more worms while she continued ::

G’var:::lifting brow:: It does seem that Wil and I were destined to be together. ::reaching for another handful of worms:: though to be honest, if you told me three years I would take a Terran as my Mate, I would have laughed at you. ::slurping the handful down:: Sitting here now, I wouldn’t have it any other way. ::smiling:: Love cares not what shape we take.

Kelrod: Wise words. Through the years you’re learning to kindle your raw fire. I’m happy for you and Wil.

G’var: ::waving a hand at Kelrod:: What of you Chief, You keep to yourself for too much. ::leaning forward:: You need to come out of your quarters more, if you want to attract a Mate you need to get out more

Kelrod: Oh, I don’t know. Given my experience with women I feel it’ll be wiser for me to just go on and if someone feels the need to approach me, she could do so. A failed marriage and a few , also, failed attempts seem to have taught me little about romantic relationships.

G’var:::holding her hands up:: Fair enough Chief, I just want you to be happy, everyone needs a win once in a while.

G’var hadn’t meant to upset the Chief, she truly did want him to find someone that he could be happy with and share the fire of life with. It had to be difficult a little difficult for him, being the combined sum of two different beings. She couldn’t imagine what it must be like, was it like a Trill’s bond with their symbiont or something completely different. The Chief was a private man and she was actually amazed that he asked her to Dinner. Perhaps she could help him like she did Vee, to finally come out of his shell.

Kelrod: :: looking at his plate :: I’m not used to these :: having a bit of his drink :: too much of them are hard to swallow. Changing subject a bit, how did you end up off the empire and into this life?

G’var:::taking a breath:: That’s a good question, when I was very young my Father sent me to Boreth, to learn from the Monks at the R’ekt. In reality it was banishment…being born metagenic…I was an outcast. I spent more than a decade at the Temple…When I was 14…I just had to leave. So I hopped a freighter and didn’t look back

Kelrod: A bold move for a teenager…

TBC:

Commander Kelrod
Chief Of Security