[V-SIC] Captain Rahman: Rights and Privileges

richyulin

Oct 12, 2017, 3:29:36 AM10/12/17
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
//Captain's Log, Stardate 239410.12

The ship has entered orbit of the local gas giant in the Antor system to begin gathering resources. While the crew tends to their tasks, I have my own to take care of that concerns our chief medical officer, Dr. Ryan.//

((Sickbay, USS Veritas))

::Captain Roshanara Rahman felt as if she'd been visiting sickbay far too frequently over the past week or so. She'd probably been down here more in the last three days than she had in the last three months.::

::Yet whatever she felt about how hectic things had been during the crisis, she knew it paled to what Dr. Ryan and her staff had been forced to deal with both on the ship and down on the surface. She made her way to the chief medical officer's office and stood outside the doorway.::

Rahman: Dr. Ryan? Do you have a moment?

Ryan: RESPONSE

::Roshanara gave a small smile as she stepped in.::

Rahman: Things slowly returning back to normal?

Ryan: RESPONSE

::The captain shook her head slightly.::

Rahman: The aftermath is always so much more involved than the initial headline...

Ryan: RESPONSE

::But now the captain perked up a bit.::

Rahman: Well, I won't keep you long. I wanted to commend you for your actions along with your staff in the handling of the crisis. In particular, your leadership during a disaster of such massive scale.

Ryan: RESPONSE

::She took out a small box from her pocket and presented it to the doctor.::

Rahman: Dr. Ryan, for exemplary performance and humanitarian aid in the best traditions of Starfleet, I'm pleased to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander, with all the rights and privileges pertaining thereto. Congratulations, doctor.

Ryan: RESPONSE

(OOC: Note that Dr. Ryan already holds the rank of Lt. Cmdr. and this sim now aligns her IC rank with her OOC rank.)

TAG! TBC...

Captain Roshanara Rahman
CO, USS Veritas
I238705TZ0