Captain Roshanara Rahman: Solving Crimes is Hard Work

Rich

Jun 26, 2019, 1:50:01 PM6/26/19
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Veritas
((Elevator, Administrative Offices – Livernois Shipyards, Ketar V))

Rahman: We'll have to check with those interviewing the yard supervisor certainly, but I found it strange that he hadn't seen the commander in six months. Even if he leaves most of the day to day work to someone else, I'd expect at least monthly meetings with Starfleet's contact person on such a large contract.

::Her assistant chief engineer nodded in agreement before Commander Kelrod spoke up.::

Kelrod: Exactly. It felt to me that he'd tried to either avoid contact with the officer for some reason or he's just lying to us about his meetings with him.

Ukinix: ::Raising eyebrows, looking at lift doors:: Sometimes it’s better the devil you know.

Rahman: We should review the commander's schedule and his logs.

Kelrod: I'll try and get the nearest subspace comm array logs and run a check of the transmissions coming from the shipyards. We might find something missing in either the array or from their transmissions

Ukinix: And the shipyard’s logs too, to correlate them.  ::Ironic smile:: If there are any logs on their side.

::As the lift neared the ground floor, Roshanara considered their next actions.::

Rahman: Any other suggestions?

Kelrod: Given that this is not a Starfleet installation per se, I suggest that we allow them to get back to normal activity. Maybe we can use it to register the normal activity and get an idea of how were things when the murder happened.

Rahman: That's a good idea, Commander, although I don't know how long we'll be able to stay here to see things "return to normal." Still, we'll definitely keep a watchful eye on how they run things while we're here.

::Once the lift doors parted, Roshanara led the two men out back to the lobby of the shipyard offices before they headed outside.::

Ukinix: He said he didn’t have a problem with the Commander, I reckon we should find out how true that is.

Rahman: ::nods:: We'll need to regroup with the other teams to see what they've learned from their interviews.

::Still, the young man with her seemed troubled.::

Ukinix: It’s great that Mr Livernois was co-operative, but - I don’t know, Sirs, something seemed off.  He seemed very relaxed about the whole situation.

Kelrod: Well, he hid it in the businesman blanket, but her emotional reaction to some of the questions, specially about his wife, made him react for a moment. Maybe she's a point we can exploit if needed in the near future.

Rahman: Yes, we definitely need to find out more about what Mrs. Livernois knows.

::She tapped her combadge.::

Rahman: =/\= Rahman to Orrey. =/\=

Orrey: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= We've just finished our interview with the shipyard owner Mr. Livernois. I can't say it was that helpful. He claims not to have met with the victim in months. He did say his wife had more contact with him. How did your interview with her go? =/\=

Orrey: =/\= Response =/\=

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

Rahman: =/\= Once you've wrapped up everything, I'd like your team to look over the shipyard records. Look for any strange entries or other red flags. We can't rule out that the murder was somehow related to the contract. =/\=

Orrey: =/\= Response =/\=

Rahman: =/\= Once you're done there, report back to the ship. We'll see what the rest of the teams have found so far. =/\=

Orrey: =/\= Response =/\=

::Once the comline closed, Roshanara looked back at the two officers with her before then taking a glance around the weathered streets of the city around them.::

Rahman: Well, gentlemen, I don't know about you, but I could go for some lunch.

::She smiled as her eyes caught sight of a restaurant nearby called the Welder's Diner. A large lit sign hung in the window proclaiming that it was home to the Shoals' best burgers.::

Rahman: Mmmm...

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

::She began walking over, preparing to cross the street.::

Rahman: Well, my mother always told me you don't think best on an empty stomach.

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

::They walked across the street and headed inside the modest establishment. It was self-seating, and they found a small booth by the table. A few moments later, a waitress came over with menus.::

Waitress: Can I get you folks something to drink?

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

Rahman: I'll just have a lemonade.

::The waitress nodded as she put the orders into her PADD before heading off to get the drinks. The captain tapped a button on the PADD she'd been given, and a holographic projection of a triple stacked burger appeared, floating over the table.::

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

::By pressing various options on the PADD, the holographic burger was updated in real-time, made to order.::

Rahman: I might need your help with that one...

Ukinix: Response

Kelrod: Response

TAG! TBC...

Captain Roshanara Rahman