Lt JG Charlena Vanlith, Lt Jonathan Cumar - To New Adventures Part II

Timothy Alentonis

Feb 24, 2020, 4:43:41 PM2/24/20
to Veritas IC
((Brew Continuum, USS Veritas))

Vanlith: Sorry, I hadn't realised I had gone quite so red.

Cumar: No worries. :: He paused and had a sip of his drink. :: What’s going on inside that pretty head of yours, Char?

Char looked up through her hair at Jon. She wasn't quite sure she had heard him right. Pretty?

Vanlith: Pretty I urm. Are you sure you mean me?

He glanced around, and realized they were, in fact, alone. THere wasn’t anyone else he could be talking to, unless he was talking to himself, which was, he supposed, possible, but he definitely hadn’t been drunk enough to consider the thought when he knew perfectly well that she was right in front of him.

Cumar: Yep. Unless you think I was talking to the coffee.

Vanlith: Sorry I urm. Honestly. ::Pauses:: Currently running through my head right now is have I made myself look like a fool in front of you. Because that is the last thing I want.

Cumar: Nope. Not a fool. Hopeless romantic, perhaps, judging by your taste in literature, but not a fool.

Vanlith: I think I can definitely accept the hopeless romantic title. But I guess that might just be in literature. I've never had any practice myself.

Jon nodded slightly and sipped his drink again. As he thought back over his previous tour of the Veritas, he couldn’t help but think of Lael for the first time in...a while. His very first romantic relationship, one in which he’d proposed, which backfired in his face. Some practice, but not a lot.

Cumar: I’ve had some practice in the romantic arena.

Charlena looked up at Jon. She could feel the worry cross her face before she could control it. Had she just said the exact wrong thing to him?

Vanlith: I guess I only know of book romance and who knows if that would ever change. I'm not exactly great at reading cues apparently.

Cumar: It could, but you have to want it to change. I’m not great at reading cues either.

Vanlith: ::chuckling:: So neither of us are good at cues.

Cumar: Nope.

Charlena leaned forward slightly resting her arms on the table between them, her hand resting next to his brushing against his.

Vanlith: Well maybe we should both work on that then.

He smiled softly and moved one of his hands atop of hers. It was still slightly warm from being wrapped around his coffee cup.

Cumar: Was that something you were thinking we could work on together?

Vanlith: ::blushing a brilliant shade of red:: I was. If that is something you would like to do as well?

He smiled slightly. The thought of finally finding happiness with another person had been two years in the making. He considered the possibilities for a moment, and thought that he could once more see a future for himself with someone else in it.

Cumar: I’m willing to give it a go, if you are.

Vanlith: ::blushing but somehow finding it in her to look him in the eye.:: I'd actually really like that.

He took a breath and let the nervousness melt away from the warmth of her touch. Almost without thinking, he leaned forward and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips. He maintained it for only a few seconds before resuming his seat and exhaling slowly. He raised his mug and gave another smile.

Cumar: To the start of something beautiful.

Charlena had to bite back a small squeal at the kiss. She could feel the heat on her cheeks but for the first time it didn't bother her. All she could think was if that was what a first kiss felt like she wanted to know what a second kiss felt like. She raised a hand briefly to her face and let her fingers linger on her lips as she took in that feeling.

Vanlith: ::raising her mug, beaming::And the adventures it brings.

END
===
Lieutenant Jonathan Cumar
Security Officer