JP: Lt. Quen Deena & Lt. Alieth - DARE [Part 2]

Alieth

Apr 2, 2021, 10:06:06 AM4/2/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

JP: Lt. Quen Deena & Lt. Alieth - DARE [Part 2]

((USS Thor - Deck 18-  Secondary infirmary))

Quen: You got a tattoo?

The answer was straightforward and unadorned.

Alieth: Yes.

Quen: You?! A tattoo?! Ohh I have got to see this…

Alieth: Is it medically relevant?

With enough talking, she could probably find a reason. A reason that was ninety percent buzzwords and bullcrap, but a reason nonetheless… And one that would definitely get seen right through and shut down in present company. A slight pink flush colored her cheeks.

Quen: Not particularly - more of a curiosity ::she brought the padd back up from her leg and cleared her throat:: Changes in your habits?

Alieth: Since my previous review I have continued with occasional consumption of cocoa-based products and in more recent times I have had to engage in more than normal telepathic activity.

Quen: That ::she bit back another snicker:: certainly fits...

Alieth: It is certainly to be expected that there will be variations in my neural readings as a result.

Quen: Yes, I would expect so.

Deena set down the padd and started fiddling with the controls.

Quen: Well - you know the drill.

Alieth: Indeed.

Without further ado she climbed onto the biobed and stretched out on it, her hands folded across her chest. The Bajoran started running the scans.

Quen: Is it itchy? Your - ah, left shoulder...

The Vulcan's brows furrowed faintly given her memory of the modification in that area. Which was none at all.

Alieth: Anything worthy of concern?

Quen: ::smirk:: Nothing - just seeing a little minor skin inflammation right around your left shoulder blade. It’s a very distinctive pattern, too….

She turned slightly towards the Bajoran, deadly serious.

Alieth:  If your curiosity is such that seeing the body modification in question would allow you to continue with the examination without further issues I am up for it. I assure you it is much tamer than what you can find on the First Officer's arm.

Deena's ears pricked up, another trace of a devilish grin illuminating her features.

Quen: Why - what's he got?

She did not answer, but a distinguishable blush tinted green both her cheeks and the tips of her ears.

Quen: That good, huh? I'll have to do some digging…

Alieth: At your own risk, doctor.

The biobed finished scanning with a happy little chirp.

Quen: Well - I’d put a little dermaline gel on that tattoo if I were you, but it’s nothing to worry about, really. It’s a very common reaction when they’re relatively new.

Alieth: Acknowledge.

She sat up on the biobed and pulled back her uniform to reveal her bare shoulders, where the spiky bold letters of a Klingon phrase contrasted sharply with the vulcan skin.

Quen: Ooh - pretty… Klingon?

Alieth: It can be read as “ boQDu'

Deena’s tongue tripped over the unfamiliar word.

Quen: boQDu’ ”... What’s that mean? “Smart-ass”?

The Vulcan stared at Quen with that look that had been nurturing throughout the year and that was enough to instantly melt on the spot persons of lesser calibre or small chunks of Duranium. Alas, the Bajoran didn't flutter an eyelid.

Alieth: She-devil, that is what it means

The Bajoran’s eyelids fluttered as she blinked, thinking of what to say next to steer the conversation back on track.

Quen: Well, that’s… that’s certainly a moniker. ::beat:: Well, other than the little bit of swelling, you’re perfectly healthy. I wouldn’t recommend going on a long hike right away, but I see no reason you’d have any trouble returning to Vulcan.

[[FIN]]

As simmed by:

Lieutenant Quen Deena

Medical Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

E239602QD0

&

Lt. Alieth

Chief Medical Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

E239702A10

Image Collective Facilitator /Art Director