Ensing Sirok - Decisions

Sirok

May 17, 2020, 8:14:28 AM5/17/20
to UFOP: StarBase 118 – USS Thor
((Main Engineering - USS Thor))

Sirok: =/\= The relay, it is activated Captain. At its location we have also left the transporters enhancers. We'll try to stabilize the signal so we can also receive the tricorder signal if the team links them to their communicator. =/\=

Kells: =/\= That's great news, Chief. Well done. =/\=

Garcia/Brodie/Alieth: Responses

MacKenzie: =/\= MacKenzie to Thor. We’ve got a problem. =/\=

Oh dear. Well, that wasn't good news.

Kells: =/\= MacKenzie, this is Kells. We read you. =/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= Response =/\=

His gaze swept the bridge, and he met the eyes of everyone present. MacKenzie hadn't exaggerated.

Kells: =/\= Will you be able to make it back to the ship? =/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= Response =/\=

Sirok: =/\=We can help them use the tractor beam. =/\=

Garcia/Brodie/Alieth/

A moment later, an alarm rang out from the science station. With none of the senior staff there to monitor the station, Aron tapped in a few controls and routed the display to his own. What he saw there corroborated and confirmed the worst of the implications.

Kells: (quietly) Chronitons.

MacKenzie: =/\= Response =/\=

Garcia/Brodie/Alieth/Sirok: Responses

The same alarm appeared in engineering, that kind of particles could interact in strange ways with much of Thor's equipment.

Sirok: =/\= I detect it too, Captain.=/\=

Kells: =/\= Commander, get your team back to the Thor as quickly as you can, please. (a little dryly) With minimal injury and no loss of life, if possible. =/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= Response =/\=

Kells: Lieutenant Garcia, I want Commander Teller and his team back on the double. The rest of you, I want to know what's going on. Is this planet about to disappear into the future again? And if so, how do we avoid being taken with it?

Garcia/Brodie/Alieth: Responses

Sirok: =/\= This ship has a Typhon Shield Device. Its main function is to override the Typhon expansion anomalies, a kind of temporal anomalies. Perhaps we can force it to work with the chronitrons. The problem is, in order for it to work, we have to use almost all of the ship's power to generate the antichronitrons needed to counteract the anomaly. We would be unable to dedicate power to help the away teams. Besides, the anomaly is such that it could cause damage to the bussard collectors while we perform the procedure. =/\=

Regardless of the Captain's response, he put his team to work to prepare the plan. To do so would put a great deal of stress on all the ship's systems. But from their point of view it was better to make a time and space jump they couldn't control.

Kells/García/Brodie/Alieth: Responses

Teller:  =/\= Teller to USS Thor, come in please.  This is Lt. Cmdr. Geoffrey Teller to the USS Thor, please adjust frequencies and respond.  =/\=

Several minutes went by as he adjusted the controls on the deteriorating console, repeating his message.  When the crackle of a voice finally broke through the signal noise, Geoff sighed in relief.

Kells:  =/\= Response =/\=

Teller:  =/\= It's good to hear from you sir.  Can you get a transporter lock on my team?  2nd. Lt. Greaves needs medical attention.  =/\=

Kells:  =/\= Response =/\=

Teller:  =/\= Understood - a signal booster and transporter pattern enhancers, back near our beam in site.  We'll ask our new friends if they can send someone to get them while we talk.  =/\=

Geoff looked over to the colony leader, Ellen Flynn, standing nearby with arms crossed.  She took a moment to consider it then called to someone outside, dispatching orders.  Teller nodded his thanks.

Kells:  =/\=  Response =/\=

Teller:  =/\=  Yes sir, we picked up those chronitron readings - is the ground team alright?  =/\=

Kells:  =/\=  Response =/\=

Tags! and TBC!

Ensign Sirok
Acting Chief Engineering Officer