Lt. Cmdr. Alex Brodie “New Shoes Need Time To Break In”

1 view

Alexander Brodie

Apr 8, 2021, 12:56:58 PM4/8/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

“New Shoes Need Time To Break In”

((Intelligence Watch Centre, Deck Three, USS Thor))

Jehe: I...that's a good point. ::If she sounded surprised, it's because she was.:: It's just...well it's a lot.

Broide: ::Smiling:: But that’s what makes it so exciting.

Jehe: I suppose it is.

Alex leaned back slightly before pushing himself to his feet.

Brodie: Well, you’ve one first contact and a negotiation under your belt. That’s a pretty solid start.

Jehe: Makes you wonder what's next. I mean, after Vulcan, that is.

Brodie: Oh, I’m sure it’ll be something totally routine that’ll grow arms and legs…and hooves and wings…and probably a tail and a second head. That tends to be how things go.

The Bajoran laughed and Alex smiled but he was only half joking. Testing the slip-stream drive had nearly killed them all and brought them up close and personal with an alien intelligence…all Garcia had done was press ‘On’.

Jehe: I think I'll have my hands full just fleshing out the department, truth be told.

Alex cocked his head slightly to one side.

Brodie: How so?

Jehe: Well, you mentioned how there used to be a commander in charge of the department, and now it's just an Ensign. Big shoes to fill.

Alex thought on that, Kamela had her way and Director Samantha Chang had hers. Now Jehe was the next in a line of strong female leaders of the intelligence group…even though she may doubt that herself.

Brodie: ::Smiling:: Just get thicker socks. Seriously though, I think you’ll find you’ll fit those shoes just fine…that said, if you have any trouble feel free to give me a shout. Happy to help.

Jehe: ???

Brodie: Well, I’ll leave you be to get settled. Good catching up with you, Jehe…and welcome aboard again.

Jehe: ???

Alex nodded and took his leave. Walking back through the suites as various analysts worked, he wondered about all the information pouring in. It was going to be a lot to tame but he was fairly sure this particular Daughter of Freehaven was up to the task.

[[End Scene For Brodie]]

Lt. Cmdr. Alexander Brodie
Chief Counselor
USS Thor NCC-82607