Lt. Nesre Salo - "Invitation"

Amanda Nordstrom

May 24, 2022, 12:13:29 AM5/24/22
to USS Thor

((USS Oumuamua – Near - Nesre Salo’s Quarters))

It was nice to see a friendly face.  Nesre had been among strangers often enough that it didn’t bother her, but that didn’t take away the comfort of familiarity, and though she hadn’t known him long, Kessler was at least that.  He was pleasant, and she’d had a lovely time with him, Doctor Kel and Commodore Kells back at the monastery.  She had hoped that those familiar officers would also be on the Oumuamua, but Kells was leaving, and the status of the others were unknown to her.  All she knew was that she had taken the offer.  It felt like the right thing to do.  Like what she *should* do.   So, she’d moved herself in.

It had been an easy move.  Her clothing and furniture had been destroyed, as had the cages.  Thankfully, her pets, and truthfully, they were therapy animals as well, had survived.  She was grateful she had the foresight to take them out of the confines of their homes - she had suspicions that was one of the reasons they hadn’t been killed.  Now she could focus on more pleasant things, like visiting what she considered her home planet again.

Salo: Yes, all settled in.  I’m not trying to decide what to do next - I was thinking of where I’d like to visit on Earth.

Kessler: I have this meeting with the Commodore but after that I was going to head down Earth as well. I’ve been interested in visiting an island called Bora Bora in the pacific ocean. I’d love some company if you want to join me?

A meeting with the Commodore?  He must have meant V’Airu, not Kells.  Did that mean he would be offered a position on the Oumuamua?  Nesre hoped so, he was a good officer.  Everyone on the Thor had been, and it would be nice to continue to work with them.

Salo:  And that’s somewhere I’ve never been before.  I would be happy to join you.  Is anyone else coming?

Kessler: Response

Ah, well that made sense, but it would be nice to have others join them on their trip.  She wanted to get to know more people, and if some of the people she had gotten to know were leaving, she wanted the opportunity to say goodbye as well - and perhaps they’d like to join in on the trip.

Salo: Perhaps we could invite some people?

Kessler: Response

The question was, who?  Nesre admitted she didn’t know as many of the crew as she would have liked, and certainly not well enough to invite on something like this - well, save for a couple.

Salo: If it’s all right, I may invite Commander Brodie.  I’m sure he would appreciate the getaway.  Is there anyone you think might like an invitation?

Kessler: Response

Salo: Of course, I don’t wish to keep you.  Perhaps we can touch base later and get a specific day and time to meet and go.  I hope your meeting goes well.

Kessler: Response

 OOC: If you want to start the scene on Bora Bora, feel free.  Otherwise, I can start it tomorrow. :)

--
Lt. Nesre Salo
Counsellor