[Leave Begins] Commodore V'Airu: Commence Interviews

1 view

Tony Colella

May 21, 2022, 2:08:26 PM5/21/22
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Upper Sensor Dome, Deck A, USS Oumuamua ))

Captain's log, stardate 239905.21. Commodore Ossa V'Airu, commander USS 'Oumuamua, reporting.

I have found the highest point of my new command to be one of the most relaxing. The upper section of the pod's sensor dome is not meant specifically for regular habitation, and so is an ideal place for meditation and reflection. As a result, and in the aftermath of our recent mission, I have also begun to record my logs in this location, though I have not indicated so in previous logs. However, in the interest of transparency, and because I believe that the standard is for commanding officers to record logs in their ready rooms or quarters, I wish to make record my actions and their reasons.

Actions and their reasons have consumed my thinking of late, in the aftermath of the recovery of the USS Thor and the discovery of the so-called United Dominion of Planets. The period of leave the Oumuamua and Thor crews are now enjoying means that there is no immediate reason to confront these events, and yet I find myself preoccupied with my encounters with the representatives of the United Dominion of Planets. Though "preoccupied" may be too kind a word, and obsessed may be more accurate.

Nevertheless, I have not impressed my presence or my obsession on any of my officers, who have begun to enjoy shore leave on Earth and around the Sol system. The Thor's deorbiting to Utopia Planitia proceeded without incident, though its overhaul will take approximately eight months. In the mean time, its crew may be reassigned, though I have heard briefly from Commodore Kells that he intends to take a leave of absence. I intend to request several of the Thor's senior staff for service on the Oumuamua, based both on their experience in the Gamma Quadrant over the previous year and the Oumuamua's current lack of many senior officers. Should they accept, I'm sure they'll fill their new posts admirably.

I do intend to spend some of my leave time by resting and, perhaps, relaxing. But I also prefer not to leave work unfinished, and to that end I intend to schedule several meetings with senior Thor and Oumuamua officers before I present my final report to Admiral Egan Manno. Although these interviews will intrude on the officers' leave time, I intend them to be short, and I feel certain that the officers will indulge me.

End log.

Ossa ordered the computer to store the log, and hesitated for a moment before she did as she'd promised in her log. The central question was, of course, who she should speak to first, and she made her decision in a moment, based on what she wanted most to know.

V'Airu: =/\= Commodore V'Airu to Kessler. =/\=

Kessler: =/\= Response =/\=

V'Airu: =/\= Kessler, available for a tactical debrief? I would like your thoughts on the UDP. =/\=

Kessler had not been on the Oumuamua's bridge for any of the exchanges -- diplomatic, offensive, or otherwise -- between Ossa and the battlecruiser. He was, therefore, an ideal interlocutor, equal parts experienced and objective.

Kessler: =/\= Response =/\=

V'Airu: =/\= You choose the location. I am (beat) in a strange place. =/\=

Kessler: =/\= Response =/\=

Tags! and TBC!
--
Commodore Ossa V'Airu