LT. JG. Kammus Corelli - Building a better dog

Jay Young

May 31, 2022, 7:32:27 AM5/31/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Deck 6 – Holodeck Control Suite))

Kessler: I want to combine all three of these items into that dog. ::beat:: a gift for Major Greaves and his Marines. That dog will be programmed to fight and defend the marines. To aid them when needed and having the tricorder adapted into the design will allow the dog to relay information back to it’s operator extending tricorder range in a battlefield or a situation that might make it unsuited for a crewmember. The hypo-spray is to be added so that the dog can deliver a compound to render a subject unconscious without using phasers or any other weapon. ::beat:: What do you think, can we do that?

Kammus blinked, and listened wide eyed at Jacks proposal.

Corelli: Sure thing! You got it!  So how do we combine them, do you have a plan?

Kessler: No I have not come up with a workable design yet. I have been working on the program and training commands so that Greaves and his Marines can train this thing to do exactly what they need him to do.

Corelli: Right, this is going to take thought.  It’s probably straightforward to incorporate a holomatrix generator into the tricorder casing, but adding in a hypospray might be challenging.

Kessler: Response

Corelli: So, how does the hypospray work?  Lets say the animal bites someone; we could encode the hypospray nozzle into those large front teeth, with microtubules that run back to the device which contain the material housing.

Kammus started to walk around the animals, taking in their features.

Kessler: Response

Corelli: Yes, the user would have to reload whatever compound they wanted the hypospray to deliver after each use.  Probably two deliveries per supply unit.

Kessler: Response

Kammus stopped, standing opposite of Jack. Raised an eyebrow.

Corelli: Lets get started!  Computer, standard engineering table with set of microtools please. ::Turning to Jack:: If you wanted to get started on building the heuristic algorithm, I’ll start trying to build the hardware.  Don’t forget to include an interface, we can include a micro memory module for the learning and program growth aspects!

Kammus was getting excited at the potential.

TAGS! / TBC

LT. JG Kammus Corelli
Acting Chief Engineer
USS Thor