Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie - 193

Addison MacKenzie

May 21, 2020, 5:15:32 PM5/21/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

(( Sickbay, Deck 10, USS Thor ))

MacKenzie headed out of the shuttlebay intending to head to the Bridge to give Captain Kells an update, but something in her suggested that he probably knew as much if not more than she did… Thus, the proper place for her was at her post. As she approached Sickbay, her commbadge chirped with a message confirming her intuition.

Kells: =/\= Kells to MacKenzie. =/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= Go ahead, Captain. =/\=

Kells: =/\= Doctor, I want you to prepare Sickbay for a potential mass evacuation. (beat) I also want you to be ready to return to the surface in a runabout to assist in the evacuation effort. Work with Doctor Quen, and keep Ensign Dar close by, in case you need security support. =/\=

MacKenzie: ::slowly:: =/\= Security… support. We’ll be ready. =/\=

MacKenzie entered Sickbay and made a beeline for her office. Sitting down at her computer, she immediately pulled up the mission logs to get up to speed with the pertinent information as it was being logged from the Bridge. According to Teller’s report, they were looking at 193 colonists who were going to need to be quickly evacuated, and an injured Mr. Greaves.

Shortly after reading the assessment, Quen made her way back into Sickbay. MacKenzie rose to meet her before she got wrapped up in anything else.

MacKenzie: Quen, it seems that we’re going to attempt to evacuate the colonists… all 193 of them.

Quen: Response

MacKenzie: Didn’t we say something about converting one of the cargo bays to accommodate a triage unit, if necessary?

Quen: Response

MacKenzie: They’ll need to be quarantined before joining the ship’s population. Likewise, anyone who came in direct contact with them will need to be, also. Apparently, Mr. Greaves has also been injured, but Ensign Alieth is on the way down with a team, so she should be able to get him stabilized.

Quen: Response

Addison nodded.

MacKenzie: I’m on standby – it’s possible the Captain will need me to take another team back to the surface. I need you to head to the Cargo Bay and start prepping for their arrival. I’m afraid you don’t have much time, so take all the hands and whatever equipment you need. Ensign Dar is going to be posted to keep an eye on things – I’m sure she won’t mind lending a hand either. Put her to work.

Quen: Response

MacKenzie: ::nodding affirmatively:: Good luck. Let me know if you need anything.

Quen: Response

They didn’t need luck – they had the benefit of science, but even science couldn’t explain the effects they might encounter from these time-travelling colonists…

All 193 of them.

It wasn’t the 193 that scared her – she’d faced far worse on the Veritas, including triaging groups of Humans and Romulans who were victims of a high-rise fire. The only difference is they did it planet-side – there was no risk of contamination to the ship’s population.

Addison took a deep breath and exhaled loudly, then set off to work.

Tag, and TBC!

---

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS
Chief Medical Officer
USS Thor

V239601AM0