JP: Lt Cmdr Addison MacKenzie, Lt Quen Deena, Lt JG Alieth, Lt JG Sirok - The Broken Vulcan, Part 3

2 görüntüleme
İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

Addison MacKenzie

okunmadı,
3 Eyl 2020 09:00:433.09.2020
alıcı sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Infirmary, Promenade, Deep Space Nine))

Deena downloaded the results of her tricorder scans onto a PADD, which she now tapped against her palm as she walked through the mini-maze of the station’s infirmary to the section the Thor’s crew was currently calling home.

Addison, despite being on leave, spent her time the way she had spent pretty much all of her free time - working in the infirmary. Well, maybe “working” was not the right term - perhaps “consulting” was more appropriate. She was looking over a series of case reports when one of the Thor’s other physicians approached.

Quen: Good morning. Am I interrupting anything?

Addison put the PADDs down and smiled.

MacKenzie: No, of course not. What can I do for you?

Quen: I was hoping to get your opinion on something…

MacKenzie: Sure - happy to help. What’ve you got?

Deena unlocked the PADD screen and handed it over.

Quen: What do you make of these?

Addison stared at the PADD, expecting a difficult medical puzzle. What she got, instead, was quite the opposite. The readings were so normal, in fact, that MacKenzie began to question Quen’s inquiry. Her eyebrows pushed themselves together toward the bridge of her nose for a moment before they relaxed and she cracked a smile, assuming that the Bajoran woman was playing a joke on her.

MacKenzie: These are human brainwaves. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Quen: Right? That’s what I thought, too. Except I took those readings from Mister Sirok.

MacKenzie paused to look at Quen before returning her eyes to the PADD, her gaze now perplexed. It was certainly not a joke.

MacKenzie: Well, that certainly makes things interesting… When did you take these?

Quen: An hour ago. Three times on two different tricorders. Same thing. I am seeing evidence of a recent concussion - a very mild one, which of course he’s been ignoring - but I’m thinking there’s more at play here than just that…

Addison nodded slowly, her eyes fixed on the data.

MacKenzie: I don’t know of any concussion causing something like this…

Quen: My experience working with Vulcans is rather… limited to say the least. Have you seen anything like this before?

Her brow furrowed, attempting once more to consult her experiences until eventually, she slowly shook her head in resignation.

MacKenzie: No, I don’t think so.

She paused before her eyes rose to meet Quen’s - a mischievous sparkle and a smirk foreshadowed her intention.

MacKenzie: You know, we do have a Vulcan colleague…

Deena smirked back.

Quen: That we do...

MacKenzie ::smirking:: =/\= MacKenzie to Alieth… =/\=

Alieth: =/\= Alieth here, what can I be of service?=/\=

MacKenzie: =/\= Would you report to the Promenade? Quen and I have something we’d like you to look over. =/\=

Alieth: =/\= Of course, I will be there in 3.4 minutes =/\=

[TBC]

=================================

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS

First Officer

USS Resolution

V239601AM0

&