Lt. Nesre Salo - "Beauty To Behold"

Amanda Nordstrom

Jun 1, 2022, 12:27:36 AM6/1/22
to USS Thor

((Bora Bora - Earth))

Bora Bora must have been one of the most beautiful places on Earth.  Nesre had never visited, though she had lived on the planet for half of her life, but there was no time like the present.  Jack’s suggestion that they take a trip had been met with enthusiasm, and others had been invited - after all, the more, the merrier!  Three people had taken them up on the invitations - Counsellor Brodie, Ensign Basilia, and Doctor Toz.  The additions were welcome, and the trip would not only allow all of them to relax, but it would afford the opportunity to get to know all of them better.

The beauty of the island, or group of islands technically, was a wonder to behold.  Crystalline waters, white beaches, huts that stretched out in rows right into the middle of a cove, all overseen by an extinct volcano who stood guard over those who came to visit.  Everyone had been eager to get in a swim, or at least wade into the water.  Nesre had taken the opportunity to dunk a distracted Kessler who had lain back to float with his eyes closed.  Didn’t that mean he wanted to get dunked?  She had managed to dart away before he could see who the culprit was.  Her little secret.  They hadn’t been there long when Brodie suggested some refreshments.

Salo: Refreshments might be nice. Do you need some help?

Brodie: Reponse

Kessler: I’m good for now, thank you. I want to just stay here and enjoy the water.

Nesre cast an amused glance over at Kessler.  If she hadn’t known better, she might have thought he was one of those fabled merpeople that she’d heard about in stories.  There had been nothing like that among her own people, and she had found them rather fascinating.  He lacked a tail and gills, but his love for the water certainly spoke toward a fishy heritage.

Salo: Why do I have a feeling you’re going to remain here until you turn into a prune? ::Then she motioned to everyone.:: Does anyone have any specific requests?

Basilia: A lemonade for me, please.

Toz: Iced tea for me. If there isn’t any, water will be fine.

Kessler: On second thought a lemonade does sound good. Thanks for the idea Basilia.

Brodie: Reponse

Nesre nodded to each one as he or she gave their desired drinks.  Following the Counsellor, she emerged from the seat, water streaming off at first, then slowing to a drip as she moved forward.  Sand coated her feet, but the smoothness of it was rather pleasant.  Glancing back, she saw Toz hurry toward the shower while Jack and Basilia conversed while still in the water.

Salo: Jack’s suggestion to come here was a good one.

Nesre straightened as the two of them entered the house.  The kitchen sported traditional cooking methods, but also a replicator, allowing people to take it easy, or divulge in culinary delights they create with their own hands.

Brodie: Response

Salo:  Lemonade for me as well, please.   I have to admit, I didn’t travel as much as I probably should have.  A little, but not much.

What she had done was mainly for school.  She’d had a lot of educational catch up to do, but she had loved it.  As a slave, she’d had very little background, though he mother had taught her some, how to read and write Orion.  Her master, utilised them for other purposes, but at least he hadn’t prevented her mother from teaching her children what little she could.  Lisha, too, had taken advantage once on Earth, and remained there even now, teaching.  Both Nesre and Malak had taken a more medical track. Now, however, she travelled through the stars, and shore leave afforded her to travel on planets, including Earth.

Brodie: Response

Salo: Perhaps we can take a day and visit Scotland while we’re near Earth.

Did Brodie miss his homeland?  Orion had never had much to offer her, but she imagined Brodie’s start in life had been much different than his own.

Salo: I imagine it must be nice to return from time to time.

Brodie: Response

Once all the drinks were replicated, Nesre realised she hadn’t really needed to come along - a tray was all the help he needed.  Ah well, it didn’t matter.  To lighten his load, she took her own glass of lemonade and sipped at it.   As soon as they stepped outside, they could see that Isabelle and Jack had come out of the water and the two made their way back to the blanket.  The drinks were distributed, and Nesre took a perch where she could sit and see all of her companions.

Basilia: Thank you for the drinks, just what I needed. Toz, I meant to say that I loved your swimsuit by the way.

Kessler: ::turning back to Salo and Brodie:: Yes, thank you both.

Jack’s gaze lingered on Brodie, skipped around to rest on each of the members of the party, then back to the Chief Counsellor before he nodded again.  Something passed between them, an unspoken message, though Nesre wasn’t sure what.  Likely in regard to some shared experiences.  She elected not to pry.

Brodie: Response

Salo: It should be a lovely evening.  Shall we go somewhere for dinner?

Basilia: I saw that they’ve got some kind of entertainment lined up on the beach later, along with a barbeque, maybe we could check it out?

Oh, that sounded like a fun idea!  Her inability to keep tabs on what was happening right under their noses might be a little disturbing, but she could forgive herself. She hadn’t exactly planned everything out, and sometimes it was nice to simply go with the flow.

Kessler: Fresh, non-replicated barbeque? Count me in for sure.

Salo: I would like that very much.

Nesre nodded to Jack in agreement.  Replication was well and good, and almost achieved the same as the freshly made food - but not quite.

Brodie: Response

Toz: Ohh, that sounds great.

Kessler:  ::taking a drink:: So, scuba diving, hiking, what’s everyone thinking for tomorrow?

Salo: I’m pretty flexible.

Although Nesre had suggested some activities, she didn’t really mind when they did any of them.  All of them appealed, and she was happy to go along with what others decided - for she would enjoy them just as much.

Basilia/Brodie: responses

Toz: How about we do that hike tomorrow morning? ::pause:: There’s so many tours and cruises. Hard to choose.

Kessler: Sound good to me. Tonight after dinner I will try and line us up a dive charter for tomorrow afternoon.

A hike and scuba diving all in one day, well they would certainly stay busy!  Perhaps she shouldn’t have counted on relaxing too much. Then again, these were fun, and that had its own benefits.

Salo: That sounds wonderful.

Basilia/Brodie: responses

Toz: I’m game if you are!

Kessler: Before we head down to the entertainment and barbeque, I think I want to shower off and get into some fresh cloths.

Jack reached down to pick up the shirt he’d tossed down and Nesre had folded.  Likely they would all want showers and changes, but she would sit there a few more minutes, sip at her lemonade, its sweetness combined with a sharp tang of sour pleasant and invigorating.  They had some time yet, there was no hurry.

Salo: Don’t forget your drink.

Toz/Basilia/Brodie: responses

Jack gazed out toward the waters and down toward another area.  She idly wondered what he was thinking about.  As he made his way back to the bungalow, she turned her own gaze toward that which was right in front of her.  More children played, balls bouncing around but none coming quite so close. She could hear their laughter and it elicited a smile.

Salo: It’s so lovely.  I almost wonder why anyone would go anywhere else.

And yet, she also knew that as beautiful as Bora Bora was, it was not a place she could remain forever. She had another purpose, a noble one, and there was beauty out there in the galaxy.  She could always come back, but she couldn’t leave Starfleet, she could give up where she was.

Toz/Basilia/Brodie: responses

Salo: I suppose it might get old after a while.

But it hadn’t yet!

Toz/Basilia/Brodie: responses

Casting a smile to those who remained she shook her head.  There was much that kept her there, at least for the time being.  The sights, the sounds, the smells, simply slowing down and soaking it all in, she wasn’t quite ready to go just yet.

Salo: I’m going to stay for a little longer, but please don’t stay on my account.  I’ll be along shortly.

Toz/Basilia/Brodie: responses

OOC: Feel free to have your characters go or stay and extend the scene.  :)

--
Lt. Nesre Salo
Counsellor