JP: Lt Quen Deena & Lt Alieth - DARE (Part 1)

Quen Deena

Apr 2, 2021, 12:34:01 AM4/2/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

JP: Lt. Quen Deena & Lt. Alieth - DARE [Part 1]

((USS Thor - Deck 18-  Secondary infirmary))

At the appointed time, not a minute before, not a minute after, Alieth entered the main sickbay, followed by her everlasting furry shadow. Unlike her usual attire on most days, she wore a civilian dress, a simple black outfit that covered her from chin to toe and made her look even more severe than usual.

Deena glanced over the top of her padd. The presence of the Vulcan CMO prompted a raised eyebrow.

Quen: Appointment or…?

The petite Vulcan nodded soberly.

Alieth: After being part of the crew for one year, it is mandatory for me to undergo a full medical check-up according to the regulation numbe-....

Quen: -Twenty-nine point 3 stroke M. And right on time, I see.

Despite the deeper frown that etched her face, Alieth gave her a new nod.

Alieth: … Right. I also wanted to see if my adaptation to lower gravity and a more oxygen-rich atmosphere over the last six years has had any effect on my metabolism.

Quen: I see. And you’re wondering if you might have any difficulties when we get to Vulcan.

Alieth: I doubt I will require tri-ox, but it has been a long-term absence.

Deena nodded, picking up a second padd as she crossed the room to an available biobed.

Quen: I doubt you’ll need any as well, but I’ll happily take a look. I’d also like to run a proper neural scan as well, given the beating that brain of yours has gotten this year.

Her eyebrows furrowed together gently, darkening her gaze for a split second.

Alieth: It is certainly an adequate precaution.

The Bajoran opened her palm, indicating the bed.

Quen: Any other injuries or illnesses besides the concussion and ruptured eardrum?

Alieth: Minor abrasions of varying degrees during some past shoreleaves. A minor food poisoning in Ferenginar. Another minor intoxication on my visit to Starbase 224, with an associated modification of subcutaneous tissue. Some bruises related to a minor disagreement in the same event. The landing from the Zet homeworld...

Deena flipped her padd down, a devilish grin teasing at the corners of her mouth.

Quen: Uh-huh? Describe this “minor disagreement”.

Alieth: Nothing too out of the ordinary, I merely punched a Klingon. Repeatedly.

Deena bit her lip to keep from laughing. The mental image alone was almost too much.

Quen: Really? And what was the logic behind that decision?

Alieth: It was the one and only method to get into that Klingon brain the numerous fallacies of a so-called scientific research, one that was obviously not worthy of the time and dedication they claimed it deserved.

The Vulcan delivered the speech in a flat, casual tone, almost as if it were inconsequential.

Alieth: Of course other means of persuading them to listen to reason were attempted beforehand, to no avail. Both verbally and physically.

Deena leaned against the neighbouring biobed, one leg crossed over the other. Her padd stayed mostly forgotten in her hand - functioning as more of an accessory to expression than a tool.

Quen: Ah - and these “other means” would be…?

Alieth: For example, the shooting of a padd against the skull of one of the main investigators. With excellent marksmanship.

Deena tried not to roll her eyes.

Quen: Remind me to never go anywhere with you…

Alieth blinked and nodded.

Alieth: Understood, but it will be difficult sharing department.

She held her tongue for a second before adding in a studiedly paused manner.

Alieth: Also, as far as I can judge, you enjoyed our little maritime escapade on New Bajor, so that statement will probably play against you. Just as a quibble.

Of course, as she made this remark, the Vulcan remained completely straight-faced, not a hint of a teasing twinkle in her eye.

None at all.

Quen: Uh-huh. And the… ::clearing her throat:: “associated modification of subcutaneous tissue”?

Alieth: A form of body art shared by many cultures that involves a subcutaneous modification by injecting ink of different colours. Or a single colour as in the present case.

Quen: You got a tattoo?

[[TBC]]

As simmed by:

Lieutenant Quen Deena

Medical Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

E239602QD0

&

Lt. Alieth

Chief Medical Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

E239702A10

Image Collective Facilitator /Art Director