LT. JG. Kammus Corelli - Diplomatic Engineering

1 view

Jay Young

May 28, 2022, 7:10:27 PM5/28/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

Kammus was wondering what to do during his leave time.  He certainly needed time to understand the previous events, the last mission, lost friends, his role, his career, all this weighed heavily on his mind.

He didn’t want to visit the island with the other officers, while it may have been enjoyable, he was still trying to come to terms with his current life.

((Ready Room - Bridge - USS Oumuamua))

V'Airu: =/\= V'Airu to Corelli. Please join me in my ready room at your earliest convenience. =/\=

Out of habit, and autonomic response, his eyebrow shot up at the sound of the Commodore’s voice.

Corelli: =/\= Acknowledge.  =/\=

V'Airu: =/\= Very good. V'Airu, out. =/\=

Kammus made his way to the Oumuamua quickly.  Whatever the reason, he wasn’t sure.  The commander had mentioned a request to join the staff of the Oumuamua, but there had been no formal request, and he knew better than to count on promises.

Still, he pressed the door chime button with a soft touch, which opened immediately.

V'Airu: Please, sit. Help yourself.

With one foot in the door, Kammus noticed the tea, biscuits, pleasant but unfamiliar aroma, and the décor.  He furrowed his brow, puzzled. Had he come at the wrong time? Was she expecting someone else?  He opened his mouth to speak, and began to raise a finger, but stopped, frozen by the confusion.

He adjusted his posture, resumed a relaxed attention stance, then spoke.

Corelli: Sir, I seem to have come at an inconvenient time. My apologies.

There was no dismissal however, just a pointed question.

V'Airu: I'd like to ask your thoughts regarding the UDP. I believe we saw their flagship in that old battlecruiser. What were your thoughts, from your perspective as an engineer?

He entered the room fully, allowing the door to close.

Corelli: Sir, I can only report on the basic tactical makeup, engineering abilities, and characteristics of the ship.  Due to the nature of unique systems emergencies onboard the Oumuamua at the time, the conversations had at the time of cease fire were not available to us. However, speculation on rumor; the United Dominion of Planets seems to be an historic reorganization of power in the Gamma Quadrant, with parallel or heavily influenced evolution due to operations of Starfleet following the war.  As for the ship, the Dominion still posses more advanced technology.

He didn’t want to go into a passionate discourse on Dominion technology, or the lack of understanding.  All that would do is list the inadequate measures of the Federation, and the unfortunate lack of intelligence, research, and resources.

V'Airu: Response

Corelli: Yes, sir.  As an engineer, it is impossible to determine how precisely their technology is able to best ours, although suitable defenses do exist.  Simply put, it is theorized they utilize multiple warp reactors, and it is this level of power generation which enables them to beam through federation shields, and sufficiently operate poloron based beam weapons.  You will no doubt be aware this muli-warp core model is proposed for the next generation federation starship.

V'Airu: Response

Kammus moved close to the tea set on the table, eyeballing the baked goods.

Corelli: I am not a diplomat, however, it seems that the federation should project soft power with similarly armed battlecruisers, and eloquent negotiators.  It does not seem a mistake that the largest warships available to the newly formed UDP are also used for diplomatic missions to prospective member worlds.  The fact that the Dominion probably don't have smaller ships is immaterial...

Kammus shrugged slightly, and smiled softly.  He hoped his slight joke was not lost on the Commodore.

V'Airu: Response

 TAGS! / TBC

LT. JG Kammus Corelli
Acting Chief Engineer