PROLOGUE: The Third Voice: Shards of Thought

Alexander Brodie

Jul 3, 2020, 1:26:41 PM7/3/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Slipstream Ether))

There had always been noise – the subtle ebbs and flows of the network resonating through the vast near infinite universe. Then there had been a different resonance…

They had been subtle at first, infrequent and naught but a distraction. Then, as time went by, they became more commonplace; their ripples spreading further and further, overlapping and colliding until they became a scattering cacophony.

This new resonance was all consuming – and it had to be silenced. The balance must be restored – so the Mandate stood. Through the scattered wavelengths of the ether they came together – those strong enough to hear the call. Those strong enough to begin the restoration.

First Voice: Who else receives my words?

The call was made – though at the same time, it had always existed.

Second Voice:  You are acknowledged by me.

Third Voice: And we and I also.

First Voice: If you are here, then you know what I mean to do. Will you help me?

Second Voice: The tool of our redemption.  You intend to employ it.  We must repair the network. I will do all that I can to support.

There was a faint connection…piercing through the static and twisted portions of the ether. Their collective connection aided their communication. An island of what should be representing what would be again. The exchange was instantaneous and the notion instantly crystalized into a détente between the triumvirate.

Third Voice: As will I. Our fullest efforts must be focused on the return to equilibrium.

First Voice: I am grateful. If we are successful, then what we do in this shard of ether may represent our first step in reconnecting our ether.

Second Voice: The others must be heard again. It is paramount this succeeds.

Third Voice: They shall be. Soon…we will all hear all. It begins here…as it ends.

TBC
--
The Third Voice
Representative of the Eidolon Mandate