Ensign Tara Wilkins - First Entry into the Personal Logs on Board the USS Thor

Katherine Walter

Jun 7, 2020, 2:52:34 PM6/7/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

(( USS Thor, Deck Six, Tara Wilkins’ Quarters ))

Tara sat down at her desk and turned on the monitor to start on her personal logs. It wasn’t something she liked to do, but it was a requirement for all StarFleet officers to keep. She wasn’t sure why. It had to do with something about in case she is KIA. She didn’t really like that thought. She didn’t join StarFleet just to get in the path of danger. Yet, she knew that was always a possibility.

Tara let out a soft sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose. Well, there was no reason to keep procrastinating about it. Better to just get it over with. She framed some thoughts in her head what she was going to say. She didn’t have to much in mind. She was a junior officer after all and didn’t see anything of importance.

Wilkins: Computer begin recording.

Computer: Recording.

Wilkins: ;;looking directly at the screen:: Well, this is my first entry into my personal log since coming on board the USS Thor. Oh, by the way, it is Stardate 239706.07.

Okay, not a good start. She should have said that first. She quickly composed herself and continued.

Wilkins: I got acquainted with the Science Lab the Chief Science Officer assigned for me. It is bigger than I thought it would be. I was working with Crewman Kook. He seems like a nice kid. He’s fresh out of basic training and seems eager to get to work.

She tilted her head to the side as if thinking for what to say next.

Wilkins: We were trying to rescue some colonists that were lost over two hundred years ago. It was some sort of time displacement. We never did discover how it happened, but at least we saved the colonists.

Tara looked down and brushed the hair out of her face.

Wilkins: I kind of messed up too. I was so engrossed into my work trying to figure out the nature of the temporal shift that I missed a call from Captain Kells. Not a very good move on my part. It was my first contact with the new CO too. I was so busy trying to do the best work possible that I made my biggest mistake since joining StarFleet. As Alieth would say, just take it as a learning experience. She said those words during our junior officer get together at the Kofi Bar on Duronis II. Alieth seems fine for a Vulcan. They are always so hard for me to read since they are mostly expressionless. Oh, my CSO is a Vulcan too, Lorian Lovar, but he likes to show his emotions. I found it shocking at first, but I got use to it.

Tara smile in spite of herself. She recalled that first time with the CSO and nearly cracking the sensor probe they were working on.

Wilkins: I really should get in touch with my family. I haven’t touched base with them since I graduated from Princeton. I don’t know why I’m putting it off. Maybe because my mother is not to keen on my joining StarFleet. Well, I guess that just about wraps it up. So, um, signing off.

She waved her hand goodbye not sure how to properly end the log.

Wilkins: Computer end recording.

Computer: Recording ended.

Tara flopped down on her bed staring up at the ceiling. She was glad that was over with. She knew that they were going to take a short break until the next mission. She had no idea where they were going or if they were going to go anywhere at all. Tara sat up. She wanted to change out of this uniform and slip into something that was more comfortable.

Wilkins: oO Can I do that? Or is that against regulations for some reason? Oo

Her stomach reminded her that she hasn’t ate in a while. She propped herself up on her feet.

Wilkins: oO Well, time for a trip to the Officer’s Mess Hall. Oo