MSNPC Admiral Jorah - Return

Jacob Rittenhouse

Dec 6, 2021, 10:28:21 AM12/6/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

 ((Command Center, GSS Nuach, Present))

The Nuach was out of it's time, heavily damaged, with numerous casualties. Instead of the vast battlefield of their time, they were instead faced with a vast debris field that was clear evidence of the fate of the battle. Admiral Jorah and Subcommander Kelpach were among the few survivors of the command center's senior officers, Jorah had taken the helm himself for the first time in decades. As they tried to determine what had happened however, new events continued to unfold. A small vessel of unknown design had attempted to contact them. A Huxarian frigate from the battle had appeared and then been lost somewhere in the debris field. More and more damage reports came in from all over the ship. Weapons were barely functional.

As Jorah coaxed the vessel to the remains of the massive GSS Perseverance to use as a shield, an alarm from Kelpach's console caused the admiral to focus on his own data. Out the window, the small unknown vessel fired a long beam of blueish-green energy directly across their bow, impacting something unseen.

Kelpach: Sir that alien vessel is firing an energy beam, but I don't think it's meant for us.

Jorah: What in the heavens... Wait, look, weapons fire!

A pair of green blasts of energy flew past the Nuach and slammed into the small vessel, illuminating a fierce blue shield around the little ship. Even from this distance Jorah could see the vessel rock under the salvo.

Kelpach
: Sir it is the Huxarian ship in our wake and they've brought their warlike ways with them. They're firing on that small vessel.  We need to bring the ship about so we can target the bastards.

Immediately Jorah began spinning the Nuach in place, still using the Perseverance as a shield, but trying to orient their forward torpedo tubes toward the threat.

Jorah
: Arm torpedoes and lock onto that frigate as soon as she's within firing parameters!

Nearly as soon as the words had left his mouth however, the results of the shuttle's beam became clear.  Turning the Nuach allowed them to see what the beam had hit as it was briefly illuminated. Something massive. Larger than any vessel he'd ever seen, and strangely organic looking. For a second the ship looked unperturbed by the energy, but it didn't last as the Huxarian ship came into view in close proximity to what had only moments before been invisible.

Suddenly the organic-looking hull began to glow orange before unleashing a ring of energy that raced out and swept up the frigate, only to dissipate quickly before reaching them.  While the Nuach was untouched, the results on the Huxarians were devastating. Bright green plasma vented from the rear of the ship as it spun in place and began putting distance between the thing and itself.

Kelpach: Response

Again, the hull glowed orange, and another blast emanated from the massive thing before it faded away in front of their eyes once again. This shockwave nearly dissipated completely before hitting the Huxarians, but Jorah could still see the ship rock with the impact.

They needed more time to repair the Nuach, and it was obvious that little ship knew more about what was going on here than they did.

Jorah: Open a channel to everyone in the area. Wide band.

Kelpach: Response

Jorah: I intend to buy us some time and find out what is going on. (Pause) =/\= This is Admiral Jorah of the Nuach to all vessels within range. Cease fire immediately and power down weapon systems. We will do the same. =/\=

The comm cracked slightly with static with no immediate response. Their damaged comm arrays were inducing disruptions that the computer couldn't filter out. Normally the transmission would have been perfectly clear. It was a testament to the ship's command and control design that they still had communication at all. Finally, an alien voice sounded over the speakers in the command center.

Corelli: =/\= Admiral Jorah, this is the shuttle Tigris, that was not a weapon, however we agree to your request. =/\=

Kelpach: Response

An apt insight, to which Jorah nodded his agreement. They had said shuttle as well. The little ship appeared to be large enough for independent operations, but normally a shuttle had a mother ship. Instead of addressing it however, the Admiral drove toward more immediate concerns.

Jorah: =/\= I would like to know what has brought us all here. =/\=

Corelli: =/\= Time seems to be broken here.  It could be that large creature, or some other cause, we are still investigating. Please let us know your intentions. =/\=

Kelpach: Response

Jorah: =/\=  Indeed. We intend to stabilize our vessel and recover to our own time, provided our Huxarian friends listening in do not intend to continue their aggression. =/\=

He'd noticed that the frigate's crew had yet to speak, but they surly were listening to the exchange. The fact that they had not immediately continued the attack meant that they were seriously damaged, or they were equally unaware of how to get home.

Dar/Corelli: =/\=  Response =/\=

Jorah: =/\= And we are to take your word for it? =/\=

Kelpach: Response

Garcia: =/\= Admiral Jorah, let's adjourn for a moment while your teams verify our claims about the temporal distortion. Once you've satisfied yourself of this, we can look at the options. =/\=

Jorah nodded toward Kelpach after a moment's hesitation and the comm line went dead. Their options were limited, and any respite they could get would be more time to repair the ship and restore systems.

Kelpach: Response

Jorah: I don't like it, we're vulnerable, but there's no denying what we saw.  (pause) Is there anything in the historical records like this?

Kelpach: Response

Jorah: Very well. We'll get as much repaired as we can while we gather data...

A new alert from incoming communication cut him off, and Jorah raised an eyebrow as the panel informed them who the hail had come from. With a press of a button, the speakers sounded with a new voice.

Styvix: =/\=Admiral Jorah, we seemed to find ourselves with the same problem.=/\=

Jorah: =/\= You seem to have me at a disadvantage Huxarian. Whom am I speaking to? =/\=

Arxiv: =/\=  Response =/\=

Kelpach: =/\=  Response =/\=

Styvix: =/\=I would like to propose a truce.  For now.=/\=

The admiral turned to Kelpach with a surprised look, only to be followed with annoyance. Just like the Huxarians to put their arrogance on display. He had made the first move to a cease fire, but here the Huxarians were trying to make it sound like their idea.

Jorah: =/\= The shape your vessel is in, I don't doubt it.  I'm sure you know all too well the status of my ship however. We seem to be in the same predicament. =/\=

Styvix/Arxiv/Kelpach:  =/\=  Response =/\=

Jorah: =/\= Look around you this system. The battle was obviously pyrrhic for whoever won. Do you think either of our governments would have left this all here for a thousand years if we had the means to do something about it? =/\=

Styvix/Arxiv/Kelpach:  =/\=  Response =/\=

Jorah: =/\= Both of our vessels will likely have a meaningless impact on the outcome, but I expect that you, like me, don't care. I will not leave the fleet to their destruction without me if I can return. I suggest we work together to make that a reality. We can kill each other later. =/\=

Styvix/Arxiv/Kelpach:  =/\=  Response =/\=

Tags / TBC

Admiral Jorah

Admiral of the Eighth Fleet

Last Hope of Gamoria