LT. JG. Kammus Corelli - Time to make lists

Jay Young

May 21, 2022, 7:19:30 AM5/21/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Main Engineering - Continued))

Hartmann: Do it.  We can also modulate the energy distribution manifold.  Corelli, how fast can we get her back to full power?

Corelli: Sir, we shut down main power so the ship could cool.  Nobody seems to ever understand what we do down here, except give them more power, more power…

Kessler: Relays are all set. ::looking up to Corelli and then to Hartmann::

Hartmann: How long would that give us?

Corelli: Maybe an hour?

The problem with guessing how long, was that outside forces, particularly phasers and torpeedos tended to reduce that number without warning.

Kessler: Well, that should buy us enough time to complete the mission and out of here

 Roger nodded.  That was all they needed.  Complete the mission, get to safety.  Then they could deal with more long term solutions.

 Hartmann:  Then that’s the plan.  Hopefully they’ll have the Commodore back and we can be out of here before it becomes a problem.

A chirp from a console drew the attention of the room.

Kessler: Sir ::looking up at Hartmann:: Three people just transported into sickbay from the battlecruiser and it does not look like our transporters were used.

Hartmann: Can you confirm the passengers who arrived?

Kammus furrowed his brow.  They can still beam through weakened shields. While all the excitement and combat occured, and with the power issues, it had weakened the shields enough
for the Dominion transporters to overpower the shields.   Beyond getting a look at their transporter technology, Kammus began to formulate a plan to stop this from happening, it simply required more power,
and a more robust system of delivery.

Kessler: Confirmed, I am showing Kells, Brodie and Kel are now in sickbay.

Hartmann: Well, that’s one issue solved.  Now let’s solve this one.

Corelli: The problem areas can be left offline until we drydock.  Some people may have issues with things like replicators on the lower decks, but the major systems seem to be holding.

Kessler: Aye sir, back to the problem at hand.

Hartmann: Modulation halfway complete, should have results in a moment.

Corelli: I think we should take the secondary backups off line. They’re always the last to be installed, and usually problematic.

 Kammus worked his controls, going deep into the system, and shutting off all of the secondary backup hardware throughout the ship.  The Primary backup would still function, and hopefully this would cut out any circuit causing a problem.

There was a noticeable change in the ships tone.

Kessler: ::leaning on the console:: OK, what did you just do?

Hartman: We, ensign.

 Roger glanced over at the other officer and smirked.

Hartmann: Give credit where credit is due, and don’t forget to take some for yourself when appropriate.  You’ve been working just as hard at this.

Corelli: It helps when you grow up building starships.

Kessler: Response

One by one the systems went from red to green.  The data slowed to a more normal pace, scrolling that everything was online and functioning properly.

Hartmann: Excellent job, both of you.  Seems like the away team was just transported over to our ship.

Corelli: Interesting things happening, I’ve got my hands full with these systems here. I’ll leave the heroic politics to you.

Kammus shot Hartmann a raised eyebrow.

Kessler: Response

Hartmann: All hands accounted for.  We’ll be underway soon I’m sure, but our jobs aren’t done yet.  Let’s make sure she stays steady for now.

Corelli: We’ll keep everything nice and stable.

Kessler: Response

Kammus had at least 14 things to do immediately, and none of them were on the top of the list.  So, prioritization took place, as he grabbed a pad and began making a list for whoever would take over the repairs.

((END SCENE for KAMMUS))

LT. JG Kammus Corelli
Acting Chief Engineer
USS Thor