[sb118-thor] Ens. Toz - Gettin’ Wet

boylepat511

May 28, 2022, 4:12:32 PM5/28/22
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Bora-Bora, French Polynesia - Earth))

After being bowled over by a fast moving little kid, Toz was on the verge of getting a little angry but at the last moment she could see how funny she must have looked. She laughed, long and hard until she saw a couple of hands reaching out to help her up.

Smiling, Nesre joined Toz with a few chuckles of her own, then offered a hand to the Medical Officer.

Toz gripped the hands being held out and swiftly jumped to her feet.

Kessler: ::grinning ear to ear:: The beach is calling, I haven’t felt real sand under my feet in a long time.

Salo: I suppose we best beware the children, hm?

Toz: Definitely.

Since Toz didn’t have siblings, her friendship with some of the neighbourhood kids was wonderful. The girls were within a couple of years of each other. They had played, knocked each other around and tested their limits together.  There were ‘hair’ sessions with Lucy and Judy; contests to see who would get George to notice her first. (Judy did and the two had been married now for five years and two children.)

Basilia: And balls.

Ah, yes. Baseballs that broke windows, basketballs that refused to enter the basket that was nailed to the garage door. Toz stared into the past for a moment.

Kessler: ::looking down the beach as the child continued running around:: Maybe we should join him is his beach fun?

Brodie: ::smiling:: Let’s leave the kids to their fun for now…plus….whatever game they’re playing…we’d probably lose.

Toz: Beaches are famous for football games, you know. Eye on the ball, no one watching where they’re going. ::smiling and chuckling:: Love the beach. I used to spend summers at the Seattle Great Wheel. It’s a gigantic ferris wheel so you can see all of downtown.

Salo: Why don’t we discuss ideas, but let’s enjoy the beach and the water for today?

Nesre re-emerged from the bungalow with towels, a blanket and a basket. She trekked down to the narrow strip of beach that separated the bungalow from water, then made a bit of motion with the hand that held the blanket.

Salo: Would someone mind spreading this out?

Toz: I’ll help with that basket.

Kessler: So, what kind of water fun do we start with?

Brodie: I’m thinking something near shore maybe…get our bearings a little.

After setting everything down, Nesre pulled her dress off, fold it up, and lay it upon the blanket.  She wore a suit that was fairly modest, a halter top with shorts made for swimming, all in a navy blue, solid and simple.

Toz took the basket and set it in the centre of the blanket, right where everyone could reach it.

Salo: I think one thing I’d like to do is go scuba diving, if anyone else is interested.

Basilia: Count me in.

Kessler: I am in for sure.

Brodie: Oh definitely.

Toz: I’m not anxious to get under the water. Swimming, yes, under  the water, not so much.

Salo: What sort of things would interest all of you?

Basilia: I wouldn’t mind a hike one day, i’d imagine the views up there are incredible.

Kessler: That looks like a fun hike too. ::turning to Toz:: You might be able to get a sense of my workout routine during the hike after all.

Toz: Now, that is one thing I would like. Hiking. I haven’t done that since leaving Seattle and the Cascades. ::pause:: I’d forgotten about your workout routine. Yes, that is on my to-do list.

Isabelle pulled off her top and slipped her trousers off. Underneath she was wearing a modest blue bathing suit, having already come prepared for the water. She folded her clothes up and placed them neatly on the blanket.

Basilia: Anyone for a swim?

Jack was the first to lay his shoes down and pull his shirt off. Toz looked in horror as he wadded it up in a ball and laid it on top of his shoes. She looked at that pile, aghast, before telling herself that grabbing up HIS shirt and folding it nicely was not her job. Turning to possibly suggest he do it, she saw he was jogging backwards down the beach. That interrupted her neatness gene.

Toz: Yes. ::nodding:: Thought you’d never ask. But I need to get into my suit.

Toz raced back to the bungalow to dig into her small satchel. She returned wearing a one-piece with bright red flowers on it. She’d tied her hair up in a bun but she had second thoughts and pulled the hair tie off. Tossing it onto the blanket, she took a couple of steps toward the water’s edge.

Kessler: Let’s get wet!

Jack ran out until he was almost knee deep and then jumped into a shallow dive just skimming underneath the surface.

Brodie slowly started to unbutton his shirt. His complexion turned a reddish colour as if embarrassed. Interesting tattoos, scars from battles Toz wasn’t sure she wanted to hear about.

He unfurled his shirt and kick of his shoes leaving only his long beach shorts on as he made his way towards the water. Again Toz glared at the messy pile another shirt made. And again she told herself firmly she was NOT to fold things that weren’t hers.

Brodie: That water had better be as good as it looks.

Salo/Basilia: Response

Kessler: ::slightly louder:: The water is perfect.

Salo/Basilia: Response

Brodie: This was an excellent idea, Nesre. Have you been here before or just seen the brochure?

Salo:  Response

Watching the others flopping around, water spraying, Toz grinned widely and ran into the ocean. Up to her thighs, she was slowed by the heaviness of the salt water. Now, she turned over onto her back to dog-paddle.

Basilia/Kessler: Response

Brodie: Always loved the water – always lived near it when I got the chance. Even on Mars…although, granted, that was mostly ice at the time. I’m still counting it.

Salo/Basilia/Kessler: Response

Toz: ::thoughtfully as she stood:: Is there a fresh water shower head on the beach? And, I’m a bit thirsty. Large glass of iced tea would be nice. Anyone else?

Brodie: I could swim to shore – see if I can rustle up some refreshments?

Salo/Basilia/Kessler: Response

Toz: You do that while I go find that shower. My skin dries out. Only thing I didn’t like about the Sound. But swimming is fun, so I do it anyway. Anyone care to join me?

Salo/Basilia/Kessler: Response

———————-

Ensign Toz

Medical Officer