Maj Wes Greaves - The Watchers

Jacob Rittenhouse

Dec 8, 2021, 1:20:56 PM12/8/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((Engineering, Proud Mary, Present))
Huddled around the primary display in engineering, the team continued to theorize about the anomalies that kept recurring.  Finally having reestablished contact with the Tigris more questions were introduced than answered. They had provided enough information however to focus the Proud Mary's recently restored sensors on the ships and the creature nearby. Again, more questions. What was it? How did it sustain itself? Where were the remains of the crews in the debris field? Where was the Thor? Somehow, they'd have to find a way to answer some of them.

Greaves: Alternate theory. (pause) And tell me if I'm way off base here, but what if it moves via wormhole manipulation, hence the verterons, and what if it hunts via time manipulation, hence the chronitons and antichronitons. Appearing out of nowhere then snagging prey from a dangerous time to  bring it to someplace safe would make for one mean predator.

Richards: That would explain the lack of bodies, but still doesn’t explain what they would want from us. We weren’t in a particularly life threatening situation… or maybe he’s had to adjust his hunting practices.

Katsim: Anything is always possible.  I just don’t have a good enough reading to be able to confirm or not.

Greaves: I've never heard of anything like this. Doesn't help when we don't even have a baseline to compare it to.

Richards:  We might want to let the Tigris know that they could be potential prey, or that we could be potential prey.

Katsim: Either way, it might be best to share our thoughts.  Perhaps they could get more information.

Wes nodded. That was the security minded thinking he expected of Richards, and the man's perspective was appreciated. The Marine made a mental note to compare notes once they had a new course of action.

Greaves: Agreed, but they're dealing with more than we are right now. First, what's our next step?

Richards:  Response?

Katsim: There…is one way we could try and piece together what’s happening.  What happened.

The Bajcardy glanced first to Richards, then to himself before looking back to the data on the console. Wes was intrigued, as Peri obviously had an idea brewing.

Richards:  Response?

Greaves: And?

Katsim: There are still pockets of those chronitons throughout the ship.  We could go back in time and try to see what happened.

Greaves: I'm not sure I like where this is going.

Richards:  Response?

Katsim: Unless we send some sort of probe. ::pause:: One small enough to keep to the corners and shadows and record data while staying out of sight…

Wes smiled, placing his hands on the edge of the console and leaning over the display. If they could get the device back in time, they wouldn't have to wait a second in real time. The device would just be right where they left it… only 1000 years older.

Greaves: Now that is something I do like.

Richards:  Response?

Greaves: The Tigris probably has microprobes that'd do the trick.

Richards/Katsim: Response

The Marine tapped his comm badge once again and the chirp of the device functioning confirmed an open channel.

Greaves: =/\= Major Greaves to Tigris. We've got an idea to gather some significant data, but we need one of your micro probes. I'll let Lieutenants Katsim and Richards describe what the plan is. =/\=

Richards/Katsim: =/\= Response =/\=

Garcia/Corelli/Reid: =/\= Response =/\=

Greaves: My location is fine. We can move it where it needs to go.

Richards/Katsim: =/\= Response =/\=

Garcia/Corelli/Reid: =/\= Response =/\=

Greaves: Understood. Greaves out.

Richards/Katsim: Response