Ensign Isabelle Basilia - Splish Splash

crownof...@gmail.com

May 29, 2022, 5:26:51 PM5/29/22
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Bora Bora ))

Salo: What sort of things would interest all of you?

Isabelle turned around and gestured towards the peaks that rose up behind them.

Basilia: I wouldn’t mind a hike one day, i’d imagine the views up there are incredible.

Kessler: That looks like a fun hike too. ::turning to Toz:: You might be able to get a sense of my workout routine during the hike after all.

Brodie: That statement alone gives me a fair idea of your workout routine, Jack. I’m all for the walk but I’ll not be racing you.

Toz: Now, that is one thing I would like. Hiking. I haven’t done that since leaving Seattle and the Cascades. ::pause:: I’d forgotten about your workout routine. Yes, that is on my to-do list.

Salo: A hike sounds wonderful. I understand there are a few trails, and one that goes through the Valley of the Kings passes by a lot of historical sights.

All the ideas sounded appealing to Isabelle, and the island sounded like a veritable buffet of activities. She just hoped that she had time to enjoy as many of them as she could, whilst getting to know her colleagues.

Isabelle pulled off her top and slipped her trousers off. Underneath she was wearing a modest blue bathing suit, having already come prepared for the water. She folded her clothes up and placed them neatly on the blanket.

Basilia: Anyone for a swim?

She made her way along the soft sand to the water’s edge. The texture of the sand had changed and she found her feet sinking as walked. The warm water lapped against her feet as she continued into the water until her lower half was completely submerged.

Jack was the first to follow, stripping off his shirt and abandoning it along with his shoes.

Toz: Yes. ::nodding:: Thought you’d never ask. But I need to get into my suit.

With that Toz ran back to the bungalow, disappearing inside. A few moments later she had reappeared in a one-piece swimsuit decorated with bright red flowers. It was a beautiful pattern, and Isabelle noticed it really brought out the brown in her eyes.

Kessler: Let’s get wet!

Brodie: That water had better be as good as it looks.

Isabelle forward, her legs floating up behind her as she pushed her arms out in front of her and started to paddle around. In some ways, the ocean reminded Isabelle of space - the feeling of weightlessness, the seemingly never-ending horizon and the sheer sense of wonder at what lay beneath the surface.

Kessler: ::slightly louder:: The water is perfect.

A thin smile formed on her face as she looked around at her colleagues, all of them enjoying the water now. Isabelle watched as Nesre snuck up behind Jack, quietly lifted her hands and then brought them down, shoving Jack under the water, before darting away.

Brodie: This was an excellent idea, Nesre. Have you been here before or just seen the brochure?

Salo: Actually it was Jack’s idea. You seem to have taken to the water like a fish, you and Jack.

Isabelle continued paddling around, the occasional stray splash of saltwater entering her mouth causing her to splutter.

Isabelle and her colleagues were not the only ones enjoying the water, and as she looked around she could see the occasional head bobbing in the water, as well as the distant sound of children playing further up the beach.

Kessler: Response

Brodie: Always loved the water – always lived near it when I got the chance. Even on Mars…although, granted, that was mostly ice at the time. I’m still counting it.

Toz: ::thoughtfully as she stood:: Is there a fresh water shower head on the beach? And, I’m a bit thirsty. Large glass of iced tea would be nice. Anyone else?

Salo: There was an outside shower on one side.  I’m not sure if it’s water or sonic.

Basilia: Drinks sound good.

Kessler: Response

Brodie: I could swim to shore – see if I can rustle up some refreshments?

Toz: You do that while I go find that shower. My skin dries out. Only thing I didn’t like about the Sound. But swimming is fun, so I do it anyway. Anyone care to join me?

A thin smirk appeared on Isabelle’s lips, and from Nesre’s reaction, she had heard the same thing. Isabelle considered making a joke but decided against it.

Salo: I’m…not ready for a shower at the moment, thank you.

Basilia: I think i’ll stay in a little longer.

Brodie/Kessler/Toz: Reponse

Salo: Refreshments might be nice. Do you need some help?

Isabelle considered offering to help as well but figured that two would be enough to bring any drinks back and she’d likely just get in the way or seem like she was trying too hard.

Brodie/Kessler/Toz: Reponse

Salo: Why do I have a feeling you’re going to remain here until you turn into a prune? ::Then she motioned to everyone.:: Does anyone have any specific requests?

Isabelle thought for a moment, considering what she felt like. She hoped to continue swimming later, so wanted something light.

Basilia: A lemonade for me, please.

Brodie/Kessler/Toz/Salo: Reponse

Nesre and Alex moved away and out of the water, leaving Isabelle alone with Jack. She’d barely spoken with the young tactical officer since their brief stint on the bridge when she had first joined the Thor. It already felt like a lifetime ago and she certainly felt like she’d aged since then.

Basilia: It’s beautiful here isn’t it?

Kessler: Response

Across the beach, Nesre and Alex were returning carrying the refreshments. Isabelle put her hands together and pushed them forwards, creating a mini-wave that splashed Jack, before turning back towards the shore.

Basilia: Last one gets the next round?

Kessler: Response

Isabelle dashed off, the water splashing around her as she raced to the shore. The water wasn’t quite deep enough to swim so she resorted to running. She almost lost her footing a couple of times, but managed to stay upright.

At last she reached the beach, out of breath and her throat dry. She walked over to the blanket where the others were, trying to drip over everything, grabbed one of the towels and began drying herself off.

She sat down on the blanket, careful to keep her sandy feet off and took her drink, the glass wet to the touch from the condensation. The ice clinked as she took a sip.

Basilia: Thank you for the drinks, just what I needed. Toz, I meant to say that I loved your swimsuit by the way.

Brodie/Kessler/Toz/Salo: Response

Basilia: I saw that they’ve got some kind of entertainment lined up on the beach later, along with a barbeque, maybe we could check it out?

Brodie/Kessler/Toz/Salo: Response

Ensign Isabelle Basilia
Security Officer
USS Thor