Commodore Kells: The Final Grand Tour

Tony Colella

May 22, 2022, 11:23:29 PM5/22/22
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Valhalla Lounge, Deck 5, USS Thor ))

Aron expected that he wouldn't be alone in taking a final tour of the Thor. Not that he expected it to be final, not exactly. No admirals had clandestinely (or otherwise, for that matter) removed him from command, and he expected that the Thor would still be under his command when it was relaunched the next year. But he was equally sure that many of his senior staff would have moved on -- Commodore V'Airu was petitioning heavily for their reassignment to Oumuamua -- and while it wouldn't be his first time relaunching with a whole new crew, he also felt like the events of the previous mission had forced his hand. He'd been struggling with what to do next for nearly a year, and now he had several months in which to think about it. He wasn't going to request another post for the moment, he knew that. But as to what he would do...?

The Valhalla Lounge was in much worse shape than Aron had expected, but that was true of many areas around the ship. He'd been reenacting some of those promotion tours he'd taken, first with Geoff and then with Wes, but he was rapidly losing his determination as he encountered ruined shipscape after ruined shipscape. It was depressing, but he had found a few people doing the same thing.

As well as some who were just reflecting on the ruined spaces they'd once known. That was the case of the Lounge, Aron learned, as he found two of his senior staff -- or former senior staff, now. He heard their voices before he actually made it inside.

Corelli: I’ll leave you with your thoughts major. There’s temporary power in my office, while I get some final personal items – and coffee.

Greaves: Response

Corelli: Expecting company?

Greaves: Response

Kells: (wan) Hello.

He might've expected Lieutenant Corelli, but he was surprised to find Wes as well. Well, not really surprised, since he'd hoped to speak with him sooner or later. It just happened to be, well, sooner.

Greaves/Corelli: Response

Kells: Not at all. I hope I'm not interrupting you. (beat) Just a final look around before I leave.

Greaves/Corelli: Response

Aron shook his head.

Kells: No. I know that V'Airu has requested you both, but I'll be on a leave of absence. (beat) You should take the reassignment. Starfleet needs you both out there.

Greaves/Corelli: Response

Tags! and TBC!
---
Commodore Aron Kells