Ensign Jack Kessler BBQ in Paradise

1 view

can...@gmail.com

May 31, 2022, 10:38:41 AM5/31/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Bora Bora - Earth))

Jack laid back into the water and allowed himself to a floating position. He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of the water as his ears submerged into the water. The sounds of the ocean always fascinated him and here he was entering a new level of relaxed calm. He felt he could simply fade away into the sounds of the ocean and enjoyed every second, well that was until a pair of hands landed on his chest thrusting him down and under water. Almost laughing underwater Jack had no idea who had just provoked a water game, but it was time to have some fun now.

Jack hit the surface smiling ear to ear ready to grab whoever the assailant had been and dunk them back but to his surprise the individual had managed to move to relative safety very quickly. A smirk crossed his face as he eyed each crewmember and tried to see who was hiding the sneak attack on him. No one gave away the dunker, and Jack laughed, so this is how it was going to be played. He figured he would have to get everyone back then but Brodies voice changed the subject as he offered to get refreshments.

Brodie: I could swim to shore – see if I can rustle up some refreshments?

Toz: You do that while I go find that shower. My skin dries out. Only thing I didn’t like about the Sound. But swimming is fun, so I do it anyway. Anyone care to join me?

Salo: I’m…not ready for a shower at the moment, thank you.

Basilia: I think i’ll stay in a little longer.

Kessler: You getting out already, we just got in the water?

Jack was nowhere near ready to get out of the water. He could stay in the water all day and would if someone didn’t drag him out. He was a natural swimmer and found it relaxing to swim laps in the ships pool or in the holodeck. To him the water was graceful, soothing and a second home. Like being in space the water surrounded him, held him and he knew how to use it to his advantage.

Brodie/Toz: Reponse

Salo: Refreshments might be nice. Do you need some help?

Kessler: I’m good for now, thank you. I want to just stay here and enjoy the water.

Brodie/Toz: Reponse

Salo: Why do I have a feeling you’re going to remain here until you turn into a prune? ::Then she motioned to everyone.:: Does anyone have any specific requests?

Basilia: A lemonade for me, please.

Kessler: On second thought a lemonade does sound good. Thanks for the idea Basilia.

Brodie/Toz/Salo: Reponse

Nesre and Alex moved away and out of the water, leaving Isabelle alone with Jack. Jack glanced over to Basilia and smiled, his first duty posting to the bridge had been the first time he had met her and since then their duty posts had kept them pretty busy and they had not spent much time at all around each other.

Basilia: It’s beautiful here isn’t it?

Kessler: It really is. ::beat, looking around:: I don’t know why I never made it here during my time at the academy.

Across the beach, Nesre and Alex were returning carrying the refreshments. Isabelle put her hands together and pushed them forwards, creating a mini-wave that splashed Jack, before turning back towards the shore.

Basilia: Last one gets the next round?

Jack started to laugh again and now had a better sense of who had dunked him and started to chase.

Kessler: Oh no you don’t.

Isabelle dashed off, the water splashing around her as she raced to the shore. The water wasn’t quite deep enough to swim so she resorted to running. Jack was a little further behind her at this point and she had a much quicker pace than he had first suspected she would. As he reached the beach she was already sprinting up towards the group. He may have lost this round, but it was all fun and games to him. Here he could be a kid and play on the beach, in the water and just simply ne himself.

As he stepped up to the group Jack was careful to about kicking up sand and avoiding it getting on the blanket or on anyone else. He sat down and took his drink and taking a sip he leaned forward looking down the beach.

Basilia: Thank you for the drinks, just what I needed. Toz, I meant to say that I loved your swimsuit by the way.

Kessler: ::turning back to Salo and Brodie:: Yes, thank you both.

Jack caught Brodie’s eye and smiled and then looked around the group and then ended up at Brodie again. Smiling a little wider he simply ever so slightly nodded his head hoping the Councilor would get the unspoken ‘Thank you’ for pushing him to step out and make new friends on the Thor. He was certainly enjoying himself and having these individuals here with him was nice to share this experience.

Brodie/Toz/Salo: Response

Basilia: I saw that they’ve got some kind of entertainment lined up on the beach later, along with a barbeque, maybe we could check it out?

Kessler: Fresh, non-replicated barbeque? Count me in for sure.

Although there was absolutely nothing wrong with the food the ships replicators produced there was something to Jack about actual hand prepared food that just tasted better. For all he knew it was his imagination playing with his mind but he loved a hand prepared meal.

Brodie/Salo: Response

Toz: Ohh, that sounds great.

Kessler:  ::taking a drink:: So, scuba diving, hiking, what’s everyone thinking for tomorrow?

Basilia/Brodie/Salo: responses

Toz: How about we do that hike tomorrow morning? ::pause:: There’s so many tours and cruises. Hard to choose.

Kessler: Sound good to me. Tonight after dinner I will try and line us up a dive charter for tomorrow afternoon.

Basilia/Brodie/Salo: responses

Toz: I’m game if you are!

Kessler: Before we head down to the entertainment and barbeque, I think I want to shower off and get into some fresh cloths.

Jack popped up to his feet and reached down and picked up his shirt and shoes. He noticed that everyone else had neatly folded their clothing on top of their shoes and he had just wadded his shirt up. That probably caught someone’s eye and now they must think him a slob, well if they saw his quarters they would think otherwise.

Toz/Basilia/Brodie/Salo: responses

Jack looked back out over main lagoon and out to the Motu barrier that surrounded the island. Deep water, that is where he wanted to go diving, on the outside of the Motu shelf. The lagoon was beautiful from what he had seen but his imagination was running overtime with what would be found in the depths of the waters outside the protection of the Motu.

Tags

Ensign Jack Kessler

Tactical Officer

USS Thor