Maj Wes Greaves - Relief

Jacob Rittenhouse

Dec 3, 2021, 1:41:28 PM12/3/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

((3 hours, 15 Minutes of air remaining))

((Engineering, Proud Mary, Present))
With power finally flowing and the lights on, things were actually beginning to look up on the Proud Mary.  Wes grinned as he looked over what his team had accomplished so far. The three stood around an ancient alien console which was now fully powered and interfaced with a tricorder, while an ancient generator provided power from an unusual fuel source. It was an impressive feat.

Greaves: Alright, you two work on getting life support working. I'll touch base with the Tigris.

Richards: You got it, Sir.

Katsim:  Yes sir.

Peri watched Wes briefly as he stepped away and attempted to establish a connection with the shuttle that was still out there somewhere.

Greaves: =/\= Major Greaves to Tigris. Status update. =/\=

Tigris: =/\= Response =/\=

OOC-Happy to carry this conversation for as long as you guys want if you add more tags.

((3 hours, 4 Minutes of air remaining))
Tapping his badge once again to close the comm line, Wes walked back to the rest of the team.  While he thought they had been roughing it, hearing what was going on with the Tigris made the Marine happy to have to only deal with some old machinery.

Richards:  Well here goes nothing.

Wes frowned, wondering what the security officer was going on about this time when Anton removed his helmet. The XO's eyes widened in surprise, but when Anton didn't immediately begin gasping for breath he checked the suit read outs to find there was air in the room again.

Katsim: I guess this gives us a little more time.

Shutting his suit's air supply down and unbuckling his own helmet, Wes removed the thing and scratched an itch that had been bugging him for hours.

Greaves: Thank god. I've been fighting that itch since we got here.

Richards: Now what?

Greaves: Still no word from the Thor, but the Tigris has her hands full out there (motioning upwards to ceiling). Apparently time is just as broken for them as us. A pair of old ships just appeared and that team is busy with them.

Richards: Response?

Wes looked over at the primary display as a subtle alarm went off. One not unlike an alert that could be heard anywhere aboard the Thor.

Katsim: There’s a readout here…

Richards: Response?

Greaves: Only good things I'm sure.

Katsim: A life form.  A big one.  But...outside the ship.

Greaves: Yeah, the Tigris said something about that, but I didn't really understand what they were talking about.

Richards: Response?

Katsim: I don’t know, but whatever it is, it’s huge.  And I’m reading more levels of chronitons and anti-chronitons surrounding it.  ::She paused, then added.:: And us.

Richards: Response?

Greaves: What's the particle density like around the.... thing? Could it be the source of all of these jumps?

Katsim/Richards: Response

Greaves: This sensor output is horrible. Is there any way to tie into the ship's sensor arrays better?

Katsim/Richards: Response

Greaves: Then let's do that.

Katsim/Richards: Response

Tags/TBC