Lt. JG V'Len Kel - Visions

Don K

May 31, 2022, 4:27:36 PM5/31/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
((Corridor near transporter room 1, Deck 7, USS Oumuamua))

Huffing and slightly dizzy, V'Len finally had to stop moving and lean up against the wall.  He put his hand on his neck and felt a rapid and vibrant pulse.  Roughly 100 beats per minute, which was not out of the ordinary except that V'Len had merely been walking around the deck.

Toz had warned him about this.  The day prior he had done quite a bit of activity.  He had done another holodeck mystery, then done some light combat training.  He was not looking to be as good under fire as Greaves, but his last two outings had not gone well to say the least.  He'd hoped to at least improve his tactical analysis of situations and avoid injury.  An injured doctor was not helpful.  He'd felt pretty good after all that, but today every muscle seemed to be in rebellion.  He'd had a headache most of the day and now a casual walk had taken a significant toll.

He was wandering the decks looking for Ulasso's pet Gecko Newt.  They had come within feet of finding him on the Thor.  Tracking him to a cargo bay they had walked in just as a pallet disappeared headed for the Oumuamua.  The trail immediately went cold.  Now they had started over again on Oumuamua.

V'Len finally caught his breath and stood.  Across the hall the doors to Transporter room 1 opened and Lieutenant Katsim emerged.

Katsim: Pardon.

V'Len:  Oh, Excuse me Lieutenant.  Returning from somewhere?

Any: Response

The small dragon who accompanied Peri chirped what V'Len hoped was a greeting.  He admired Peri's strong connection to the being and wondered if he himself should consider a pet.  His sister had several suggestions from a  Vulcan sehlat to a Terran lagomorph.  V'Len was not sure he was ready for either.

Katsim: I was just visiting Earth.

V'Len: That sounds like fun.  Did you visit someplace special?

Any: Response

She did not answer V'Len's question as her's came out at about the same time.

Katsim: Are you going there?

V'Len:  ::nervously:: Umm no.  No, I've got no plans to travel down to Earth presently.  I'm still recovering

Katsim/Any: Response

V'Len had been thinking about talking to Katsim for days, but had not quite worked up the courage to do so.  It seemed like an ideal time.  If the conversation went sideways they could always make excuses and part ways.

V'Len:  Lieutenant can I ask a question (beat) about your faith?  About the prophets?

Katsim/Any: Response

They settled into a slow paced walk and V'Len continued.

V'Len:  On our last shore leave the Commodore, Lt. Salo and Lt. Kessler and myself went to a monastery of Bajor.  That's where we met Vedek Ithe.  When she came aboard the Thor I asked her to help me examine my pahg.  She gave me some basic lessons in meditation and some of the central tenets of the Bajoran faith, but when she stayed in the Gamma Quadrant our discussions ended.

Katsim/Any: Response

V'Len made his next query very carefully so as not to offend.  He knew religion could be a personal, very private thing.

V'Len:  I'm wondering if you could help me understand something.  I keep having this waking dream.  It started just after we returned to the Alpha quadrant during my recovery.

V'Len went on to explain the dream…vision?  He kept having.  A man hooded is with him in the transporter room just prior to the moment Lenshran and Vazlo were combined to make V'Len.  The man gives him some advice and then closes him out of the transporter room.

V'Len:  It's very strange.  Does this happen often during meditation?  Does it mean something?

Katsim/Any: Response

Tags/TBC

--
Lieutenant JG V’Len Kel