Commodore V'Airu: Tea Service

Tony Colella

May 28, 2022, 4:00:58 PM5/28/22
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
OOC I noted a few hours after V'Airu and Kessler met, but really this can be any time during shore leave, I'm not tied to a specific time!

(( Ready Room, Deck 1, USS Oumuamua ))

After her meeting with Kessler had concluded, Ossa spent several hours on a debrief -- not only recording everything that they'd said during their conversation, but following up on his suggestions. Admiral Egan Manno was still her point of contact for the Gamma Quadrant exploration, and had made some noises about leading the delegation to the UDP herself, which meant that she certainly could make use of Kessler's observations regarding the potentially binding nature of the post-war treaties.

She also spent some time trying to erase that far-too-new smell from the ready room, both actually -- she worked with the computer to determine an appropriate subtle scent, and settled on a mix of wood scents from Betazed -- and metaphorically -- which involved a lot of replicating of trinkets and treasures. She couldn't do much about the lack of furniture yet, but she did replicate models of her previous commands, including the Nashira, her most recent, as well as the ships that had been lost in the Dominion War. She added a few holos of beautiful landscapes from Betazed and Vulcan to the mix, the lusher tropics of Betazed on one wall and the harsher red-oranges of Vulcan on another. In the end, she wasn't thrilled with the result, but it was certainly better than it had been.

Then, and only then, did she contact the next officer for a meeting.

V'Airu: =/\= V'Airu to Corelli. Please join me in my ready room at your earliest convenience. =/\=

Corelli: =/\= Response =/\=

V'Airu: =/\= Very good. V'Airu, out. =/\=

She busied herself, in the meantime, with preparing for his arrival -- of trying, despite her lack of experience, to think about what a peacetime CO ought to provide. Certainly she would never have provided a tea service to a department head visiting in wartime, so that's exactly what she did. When Corelli arrived and chimed for entrance, he found a pot of Vulcan spice tea, two cups, sugar and milk, and a plate of redspice cookies.

V'Airu: Please, sit. Help yourself.

Who was this person? Ossa didn't recognize herself, though she thought from the expression on Corelli's face that he was pleasantly surprised, and/or that he appreciated the effort.

Corelli: Response

As her thoughts turned to the reason she'd summoned him, Ossa was again glad that she'd made the extra effort with the ready room and the tea. She was, after all, interrupting his leave with work.

V'Airu: I'd like to ask your thoughts regarding the UDP. I believe we saw their flagship in that old battlecruiser. What were your thoughts, from your perspective as an engineer?

A loaded and perhaps leading question, but Ossa wanted to give him plenty of room to respond. The best advice, she was sure, would come from the questions she didn't know to ask.

Corelli: Response

Tags! and TBC!
--
Commodore Ossa V'Airu