Captain Styvix - "Tentative Truce"

1 view

Amanda Nordstrom

Dec 7, 2021, 8:02:49 PM12/7/21
to USS Thor

 ((Command Center, HVX Shiximan, Present))

Styvix had listened to the exchange that played out while the two ships communicated on a wide band.  It had been done purposefully.  Jorach had attempted to reach anyone within hearing, and thus their ship was certainly witness to the conversation.  After the strangers had cut off, however, Styvix initiated a commlink with the Gamarians.

Styvix: =/\=Admiral Jorah, we seemed to find ourselves with the same problem.=/\=

Jorah: =/\= You seem to have me at a disadvantage Huxarian. Whom am I speaking to? =/\=

Kelpach: =/\=  As the Nauch's tactical officer, I'm warning you that we have weapons functionality if needed.  The damage you took from that energy burst would put you at a disadvantage if you chose to engage us. =/\=

Arxiv: =/\=  We also know the damage you took during the ongoing battle between our people was severe =/\=

A thin smile curled over Styvix’s lip.  They were at less of a disadvantage than the other ship thought.  Even as they spoke, repairs were being done, and they had managed to contain things quickly.  He had no doubt they would have full use of their weapons very, very soon.  That, however, was neither here nor there at the moment so Styvix ignored the threat.

Styvix: =/\=I would like to propose a truce.  For now.=/\=

Jorah: =/\= The shape your vessel is in, I don't doubt it.  I'm sure you know all too well the status of my ship however. We seem to be in the same predicament. =/\=

Similar.  Styvix had quite the confidence in his crew. Their engines were minimal, their auxiliary systems would make it possible to fire weapons in a limited capacity if needed, but it wouldn’t be as effective.  That being said, his crew was quick and smart.  He knew repairs were already underway and it wouldn’t be long before they were able to get main power back on.  He didn’t need to let Jorah know that, however.

Styvix: =/\= And we both desire to return to our normal time.  Then let us endeavour to find a solution. =/\=

Jorah: =/\= Look around you this system. The battle was obviously pyrrhic for whoever won. Do you think either of our governments would have left this all here for a thousand years if we had the means to do something about it? =/\=

Styvix couldn’t begin to fathom the reasoning of the Huxarian government for leaving everything as it was.  There were some strange things about the situation, beyond the simple fact that they were in a graveyard of ships.

Styvix:=/\=Whatever the outcome, Admiral Jorah, you and I both know we do not belong here. .=/\=

He gave a sharp look to his executive officer as well as the rest of those in the command center. It was a silent message to them to assure them that such a situation was temporary.  Once they were back where they belonged, they would return to their proper place and continue the battle that their fellow Huxarians fought.

Kelpach:  =/\=  Our people do not make a habit of abandoning those who fought in defense of the home world. =/\=

Arxiv =/\= Our people will be honour by Huxaria in the afterlife =/\=

Jorah: =/\= Both of our vessels will likely have a meaningless impact on the outcome, but I expect that you, like me, don't care. I will not leave the fleet to their destruction without me if I can return. I suggest we work together to make that a reality. We can kill each other later. =/\=

Styvix: =/\= Indeed, if we are to return to where we *do* belong, it might behoove both of us to work together.  My people are already working on gaining more information.  Any discoveries we make we shall share.  I shall trust that you will do the same.  As well as…your allies that you have made.=/\=

Jorah: =/\=Response

Before anyone else said another word, Styvix shut them down with a glare.  He knew what was on their minds, but there were times one had to put things aside.  Currently, their battle was paused.  They would end it, but in the proper time.

Styvix: =/\=I will await your call.=/\=

With that, the comms closed, and Arxiv immediately burst forth with a question.

Arxiv: Are we going to work with our moral enemy?

Hate dripped with every word she spit out and Styvix calmly inclined his head in an affirmative. He knew how she felt.  He knew how they all felt.  He shared it.  However, he was also cognizant of the position they were in.

Styvix: Please have faith in your captain and in Huxaria - this is only temporary, I assure you. Something has interfered in our holy battle, and if we are to succeed, then we must return to our own time.  What is the current status, both our own and theirs?

Arxiv: Both ships have sustained similar damage.  Engineering is working to make repairs.  But another blast from that being could disable us fully.

Styvix: You were able to move us, move us further away.  Put in a position just out of reach of where the last shockwave, but make sure to stand down.  We will not engage with the enemy until the time is right.

Arxiv: Response

Styvix leaned into the back of his chair, pondering their predicament.  He didn’t like working with the enemy, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Styvix: What else can we find out about that entity?

Arxiv: Response

Styvix’s hand ran through the bristles upon his head and he stared hard at the screen and what lay before them.

Styvix: Is it generating these particles?  Is there some way we can utilise them? ::He paused a moment, then added.:: Bring up sensor data from when we shifted through time and compare it with our readouts now.

Arxiv: Response

--
Captain Styvix
HVX Shiximan