JP Capt Greaves, Lt Sirok, & Lt Alieth - End of an Era - Part 2

Sirok son of S'Vek

Apr 10, 2021, 3:42:08 PM4/10/21
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

((Vulcan, Kyr, Alem-kov restaurant))

Greaves: I recall a certain someone trying exceptionally hard to eat said nachos with chopsticks. Trying and failing pretty miserably if I remember right.

A smile almost (almost) curved faintly at one corner of the Vulcan woman's mouth, but it would not, not there, not in that place. Nevertheless, the smile reached her eyes and ignited them with a lively glint.

Alieth: :softly: A lot has changed since then... but I appreciate that the three of us are still together.

Greaves: Agreed. I don’t know about you two, but I never would have expected us to be where we are now together.

Sirok: It was certainly quite improbable.

Greaves: The three of us at this table represent every major department on one of starfleet’s finest vessels. That is quite the feat. I’m not usually one for praise, but, to hell with it, we’ve earned it.

He lifted his glass of water in a small toast and tipped it slightly toward his friends in salute.

The Vulcan woman offered a short nod. They certainly were a motley crew: the nobleman, hidden from public attention for most of his life. The maverick outcast from a small rural town. And, of course, the human who was, well, very humanly human. None of them would have bet on them as a group on their first day, but there they were and, somewhat, time and their differences had shaped a strong bond of friendship between them, rooted in trust in each other and a mixture of teasing and respect.

Sirok: At certain moments it has been exhausting, no doubt. But very instructive.

Alieth raised her glass as well, so that the glass and the contents caught the dim light of the room, refracting it into a thousand tiny sparks of colour.

Alieth: For the lessons of the past, the goals for the future and the road that links one to the other. And for travelling that journey by your side, gentlemen.

The memories of the last year came back to Wes one by one. Rescuing Doctor MacKenzie, the lost colony, the slipstream incident, New Bajor, Zet. Each mission had carried with it new experiences. New highs, and new lows. The thing that had failed to change however were the two here with him. In each crisis Wes could be certain these two would be there along for the ride, and pulling more than their own weight.

Greaves: It’s been too long since we’ve been able to just sit back and reflect on what we’ve achieved… well it’s been too long for me at least.

Sirok: I tend to focus more on what I have yet to learn and do.

She took a small sip of her glass.

Alieth: Certainly work and personal circumstances have kept us all busy. ::Glancing at the Marine.:: Wesley,  I would welcome it if you would stop trying to die, you can drop by the sick bay for a cup of coffee or tea, for instance, there is no need to come in with an open wound every time.

Greaves: Excuse me, doctor. I go through great pains to ensure I am only gravely injured when gallantry demands it.

The doctor raised an eyebrow, a comment on how she regarded Greaves' statement, as she set the glass down on the table.

Alieth: You better be.

Despite the words a smile danced in her eyes. One that remained, more subdued out of respect for their shared tradition as she turned to the other occupant of the table.

Sirok: And maybe now that we are officially and undoubtedly senior officers, we can prevent half a ship from ending up destroyed at the end of each mission.

Alieth: This would be the most appropriate scenario, but given the unexplored areas in which the ship normally operates, I have reasonable doubts about it. Back to the topic at hand, even you have changed osu, from a simple country boy to a reunification champion.

Sirok: Perhaps it is too bold to assume that a wedding is the only needed to make me a champion of reunification. It only indicates that at some point I will have to leave Starfleet to make further efforts towards that end. Although I will learn more to achieve that end every day..

It wasn't something Sirok had planned until  few days ago, but it was something he thought would be good for a lot of people. Even if it meant giving up part of what he had worked for over the last few years. It was no longer an end in itself but another stage of learning.

Greaves: I don’t know about you two, but I knew that Sirok would be the first to settle down. (Smiling) I’ve never met anyone with his charm… (breaking into a snicker)

Alieth: I actually thought it might be you, Wesley, given the rumours around the ship.

The nonchalant delivery of the statement caught Wes by surprise. Rumors… he was pretty sure that he’d put that issue to bed, but if the CMO had heard mutterings, then he had obviously failed. Still, he tried to play it off.

Greaves: Oh? What juicy gossip is going around? Who am I supposedly settling down with?

She took another sip of her water, which coincided with the arrival of the food. Like everything else at that meeting, it had been meticulously prepared and what appeared in front of each of them was something within the parameters of their favoured foods. As it should be.

Alieth: Oh no, I neither pay special attention to these rumours nor do I expressly seek them out, but nurses speak. ::She made a tiny gesture of exasperation, barely a few minute movements around her slanted brows.:: A lot. And I acquire personal information about my patients despite my best efforts not to do so.

Greaves: My, my, doctor, if I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re downright excited about all the juicy info you must get.

Sirok: I think I have heard the same rumors. Engineering is everywhere and they hear a lot of things. Apparently they also like to share them. Obviously this kind of information has to be taken with care. But from your reaction it seems that some of them are not entirely inaccurate.

[[TBC]]

OOC:

Alem-kov → Halite, a colorless or white mineral found in dried lakebeds in arid climates mined or gathered for use as table salt; rock salt

osu →      sir, used as a form of polite address for a man

As simmed by:

=========================

Captain (SFMC) Wes Greaves

Marine Detachment Commander

USS Thor - NCC 82607

E239702WG0

&

Lieutenant Sirok

Chief Engineering Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

Fleet Captain A. Kells, Commanding

E239702S10

&

Lt. Alieth

Chief Medical Officer

USS Thor NCC-82607

E239702A10

Image Collective Facilitator /Art Director