Commodore Kells: A Trip to Engineering

Tony Colella

Dec 5, 2021, 10:18:30 PM12/5/21
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG
(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Thor ))

Aron nodded back at Ensign Fargo, whose recent reminder about Major Greaves' team hadn't fallen on deaf ears.

Kells: Let's make the message our first priority. We can't abandon anyone. (beat) Thanks for the reminder. I'll let the major know you were looking out for him.

Before Fargo could reply, however, the fore turbolift opened, disgorging Lia Rouiancet and, a step behind her, Crewman Heston, who confirmed with Aron that he was ready to return to duty. Aron cleared him at once after a glance at his records from Sickbay, and then stood to greet Commander Rouiancet. Since he'd sent Counselor Brodie down to oversee the first contact attempt, Aron had been waiting for Rouiancet to return.

Kells: Commander, I'm leaving you in command of the bridge.

Rouaicet: What. (beat) Sir?

Aron had considered his options carefully, and he'd decided, since the Thor was still operating at partial power, that the most useful place for him to be was down in engineering. He wasn't a great engineer, true enough, but he also knew that the department was short-handed, especially with their acting chief off the ship, and he knew enough about the Thor to be able to help with any minor repairs. He'd considered sending Rouiancet when she returned, but he also wanted to get communications reestablished with the Tigris and Proud Mary teams, and Rouiancet's background in operations was better suited for that goal.

He explained an abridged version of this reasoning to Rouiancet, who took a seat in his chair a few moments after he had finished his explanation.

Rouiancet: How do I look, sir?

Kells: (with a slight smile) Like a natural. (beat) I'll be belowdecks if you need me, Commander. Good luck.

(( Main Engineering, Deck 18, USS Thor ))

As he expected, Aron found Main Engineering in a state of -- not disarray, he was sure, but certainly there was plenty going on, and a lot of it looked disordered from the outside. He did, however, spot the ranking officer in a couple of moments, and walked right over to her. Thankfully, she was someone he knew.

Kells: Lieutenant Johnson, report.

Johnson: Response

Aron listened gravely to the lieutenant's diagnosis of the Thor. The last time he'd been with her, the context had been quite a bit different -- but that time, too, had been a stressful situation. All things considered, he preferred this scenario, since Johnson was in her element and he could muddle his way through.

Kells: Very well. How can I help?

Johnson: Response

He glanced over at the corner that Johnson had indicated, where there was a small group of blue-uniformed officers amidst the wash of gold. He nodded once.

Kells: I'll check in, and then I want a plasma torch, Lieutenant. (beat) Or whatever would be most helpful.

Johnson: Response

Aron left Johnson to her work, and he headed over to the place where two blue-uniformed officers now stood. He recognized Counselor Salo at once, while the other, an ensign, must have been Toz. He was confident enough that he greeted them both by rank and name.

Kells: Lieutenant Salo, Ensign Toz. I understand that there were some injuries down here?

Salo / Toz: Response

Kells: But not serious? I don't want to have anyone out of commission -- but I don't want anyone at a post who should be resting, either.

Salo / Toz: Response

Tags! and TBC!

Commodore Aron Kells
Commanding Officer