Ensign Simon Vomek - Evolving

Don K

May 20, 2022, 7:51:15 AM5/20/22
to sb118...@googlegroups.com
(( Bridge, Deck 1, USS Oumuamua))

The Lost One: To that, I defer to the Vorta.

Vomek:  Did we just see a founder "defer" to someone else?

Vorta: There are no Founders here. Only -- equals.

Simon was mortified that he had been overheard, but equally intrigued that the Founder would agree to equality with the Vorta given their history.  Did they intend to change their species name?  Would they now be known as Shapeshifters? Or perhaps Omarians?

Aparius: The Cenobians once left the Dark Times behind them by the uniting of the clans. We formed a council where each clan had an equal voice. We wish to put the Dark Times of the old Dominion behind this quadrant in a similar way, and unite to reach a new level of ascendancy as equals.

Katsim: And that is surely worthwhile.

The Lost One: Indeed, and the intention behind the UDP.

Basilia: Responses

Greaves: Only time will tell, but it’s been a rough start.

Simon couldn't help but smile and think about how fascinating it would be as this new "Dominion of Planets" evolved.  Their language was already evolving in a fascinating way.  How would their culture change?  Looking at the Cenobian again Simon also wondered if the UDP would be nothing more than a stepping stone to a Cenobian Empire.  Simon was not sure why but something about these people did not sit well with him.

Aparius: If the forming of this Union will be respected, It would seem we have no further business with the Federation. You are permitted to stay within our territory as long as needed to get your affairs in order. Vorta, we will start preparations to have Cenobians supplement your crew. Go in Peace.

With a click, the representative closed the communication and the viewscreen flashed once.

Katsim: Perhaps…the rest of our crew could be returned to us?

Basilia: Response

Greaves: It would be appreciated.

The Lost One: We have no reason to keep your people here against their will. Our meeting has been successful.

Vorta: Response

The Lost One: I hope the next time we meet it will be under… new circumstances.

Vomek:  oO Cheery  thought. Oo

Basilia:: Responses

Vomek: Welcome back Major, Ensign.  Good to have you aboard.

V'Airu: Response

Greaves: Good to be back ma’am. Any word on Lieutenant Kel or Commodore Kells? They both were injured.

Simon took a look at this operations display.

Vomek:  I'm not sure sir, it looks like they've activated the EMH.

Katsim: Response

Cabrillo/Basilia: Response

He simply nodded and glanced back toward the viewscreen where the face of the Vorta was still displayed, as if waiting for any final words.

V’Airu: Response

Vorta:  Response

V’Airu: Response

Ulasso: Navigation sensors, impulse and warp drive are ready. I can take us out of here whenever we need. Standing by.

Vomek:  All systems green.  Where are we heading next ma'am?

[End Scene for Simon Vomek]

Ensign Simon Vomek
HCO Officer
USS Oumuamua