JP: Flt Cpt. Kells & Cmdr. Teller: The Grand Tour - Hammer's Bowling Alley - PT4

Brian Cleary

Dec 28, 2020, 2:00:17 PM12/28/20
to sb118...@googlegroups.com

(( Hammer’s Bowling Alley, Deck 5 ))

Like the arboretum, Aron hadn’t spent much time in the Thor’s bowling alley. It was a delightful quirk of the ship, and he reflected for a moment on the fact that the Thor had more recreational facilities than any other ship he’d been on. It made sense, given how big the ship was, but it was also something he’d taken for granted.

That was one of the reasons he wanted to get out and about. He saw so few parts of the ship normally that he wanted to see the senior staff in their native ranges.

The two officers he was searching for were immediately visible, and he and Geoff approached Lieutenant Commanders Pandorn and Garcia.

Kells: Hello, gentlemen. Excellent choice for recreation.

Teller: Mr. Garcia, it’s good to see you’re mended from your injuries.  Mr. Pandorn, we were just congratulating a member of your team and as its leader, you’re to be commended as well.

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

Kells: No, but thank you for the invitation. I’ve been seeking out members of the crew to present service ribbons, so I hope you don’t mind if I take your attention for a moment. I’m glad I caught both of you, because there’s a ribbon I want to present to both of you.

Teller:  Well deserved ribbons.  You gentlemen have been valuable leaders for this crew, and your service records reflect that.

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

Geoff passed up two ribbons in a solid red-orange.

Kells: Both of you have been chiefs of your respective departments for more than six months aboard the Thor. That’s a remarkable achievement, and one that I’d like to recognize with the Department Chief ribbon. Congratulations, both of you, and thank you for your service.

Teller: From Duronis II all the way to the Gamma Quadrant, we’ve always been able to rely on you.  Thank you both.

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

Kells: Now, Commander Pandorn. I’ve already spoken to Lieutenant Lovar and I will speak to Commander Brodie and Doctor Alieth -- but what you all went through in the administrative complex of New Bajor is never what a member of my crew should experience. It’s not something I would ever ask, and poor recognition though it may be, I do want to recognize your service and your suffering with the POW ribbon.

Again Aron received one of the black-and-red ribbons from Geoff, and presented it to Pandorn.

Teller:  Try not to get locked up anywhere for awhile, alright?

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

Kells: As for you, Commander Garcia, you saw your share of adventure at the helm of one ship or another during this mission, and during that time, you managed both to provoke some local pirates and collaborate with the Thor’s Marines toward a joint mission. An impressive amount of work, if I may say -- and I may -- and it’s why I want to recognize you with both the Joint Meritorious Unit Award and the Operation Safe Harbor Service Medal.

Again Aron presented one of the black-striped Safe Harbor medals, along with the more complicated design that was the Joint Meritorious -- two forces, red and silver, united by an orange line against a black background.

Teller: Our multi-vectored approach to neutralize the threat only worked because we had team leaders, like you, who we could trust to get the job done.  Well done, gentlemen.

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

Kells: I won’t take up too much of your time, then, but congratulations to both of you, and mind you don’t get stains on those, hm?

Teller:  Actually I found you can get the wing sauce out with a little bit of romulan ale and a scouring pad….::Geoff realized he was being looked at strangely::...or...so I heard.  From some guy.

Pandorn / Garcia: Responses

The alley echoed with balls hitting pins as Aron and Geoff made their way back out. They set their sights down several decks again, right into the heart of the marine unit that had been so instrumental at the end of the mission.

[TBC]

===========================

Commander Geoffrey Teller

Executive Officer

USS Thor - NCC 82607

Commodore A. Kells, Commanding

V239509GT0

&

Fleet Captain Aron Kells

Commanding Officer

USS Thor

V238208LV0

&

SB118 Captains Council Magistrate (so ask me anything!)

he/him/his (character & player)