JP: Lt Cmdr Addison MacKenzie, Lt Quen Deena, Lt JG Alieth, Lt JG Sirok - Woken Furies Part 3

Quen Deena

Dec 30, 2020, 7:58:21 AM12/30/20
to USS Thor – StarBase 118 Star Trek PBEM RPG

JP: Lt Cmdr Addison MacKenzie, Lt Quen Deena, Lt JG Alieth, Lt JG Sirok - Woken Furies Part 3

(Main Sickbay Deck 10, USS Thor, on New Bajor orbit))

Sirok: Possibly the difference between "almost" and not being able to tell is the good work of the engineering team of this ship.

Alieth: It may be, or a simple statistical anomaly. And for how long will you keep avoiding a negative outcome in such fashion? And what will be the price?

The tiny Vulcan folded her arms and looked at her former boss and her colleague before she spoke once more.

Alieth: I have no doubt that you are aware that you are putting your personal preferences above the interests of the crew as a whole. And is that not only against Surak's teachings, but illogical by definition?

MacKenzie: ::whispering, despite everyone being able to hear:: Checkmate.

Deena nodded and tipped her empty mug in MacKenzie’s direction.

Sirok: Your logic is imperfect. If it were a statistical anomaly, there should already be signs of an error on my part or on the team I command. Not only in the different crisis situations that I have experienced on this ship but also in what happened on the Thunder. That would give you data on my behaviour in stress situations. You can also ask Starfleet Academy for my exams. :: Many of them were intended to disturb the subject. :: And if you need data in a more routine situation, you can take it from the months I have spent helping to rebuild this ship.

His monochord tone and hieratic posture was the closest thing to talk to a wall and have it answer.

None of the doctors said a single word about such a statement, but all of them just STARED at once. In a way that wasn't taught at the Medical Academy but that every doctor developed in one way or another throughout their career and that has a very specific purpose (and a very special quality). One which, in the case of the red-headed human that gazed at the screen, did not lose a thing regardless of the light years of distance that physically separated her from the patient.

Although nothing on his face altered by one micron, it was the engineer who first broke the silence.

Sirok: If you need it I think I could get my medical records in Vulcan. Although I do not think of any additional results to the ones you already have. I do not think there is any information you have not obtained so far.

Alieth: That would be ideal. And it would allow us to analyse your evolution and whether there is any possible solution for your condition... if you want to and if it is possible.

MacKenzie: And, if for no other reason than there should be a… comprehensive medical history in your record.

Sirok: I will do my best to get them. On the other hand, it is quite unlikely that there is a solution to my situation. ::No doubt his parents would have already forced him to go through the procedure that would cure his condition.:: Can I help you with anything else?

Alieth: No, that is all Mister Sirok, you are dismissed. ::Pausing briefly to glance at her peers::  But have no doubt that we will keep you in check.

[[FIN?]]

As simmed by:

=================================

Lieutenant Commander Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS

First Officer

USS Resolution

V239601AM0

=================================